7 [22.58%]
4 [12.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 2:52pm
Yeah. The eagles are mitsubishi, that looks like the Nissan version.

Think the Ford crown vic and the murcury maurader.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 2:53pm
Call your insurance company and see if there are any mechanics in the area they endorse. I use AAA and they had recommended shops all over.

I have never heard of a phrase to never trust a mechanic, but I can see why you have a concern. I have never bought a used car from an individual before so I dont have much advice to offer. The 7 hour space between the two of you is an issue of concern in that if something did go wrong, it would be a bigger hassle to fix.

If you dont mind my asking, what city in SoCal?
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:02pm
Don't mind at all, dude lives in Corona

I do have AAA so I guess it won't hurt to see who they endorse

I also have never heard not to buy a car from a mechanic, seems they would take better care of their cars than almost anybody!
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Yeah. The eagles are mitsubishi, that looks like the Nissan version.

Think the Ford crown vic and the murcury maurader.
I get what you're saying, but this isn't the case.

One really cool thing about Nissan cars is they don't have "clones" like all these other car companies!

The 240sx is the 240sx! There is no other brand of car that makes a "brother/sister" car to it...it is completely unique to Nissan.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:04pm
It just looks so similar, i am a fan of the early nissans, i like seeing what people can do with em, they are capable of some pretty impresive numbers with some relatively minor ups.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:09pm
I have a video of a 240sx that dynoed out at like 600HP and over 1300TQ to the rear-wheels....out of a 4-banger!

I've seen 2.6l in-line 6-cylinder Nissan Skylines pushing nearly 3,000ft/lb of TQ at the wheels.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:10pm
all videos mind you, but one day I'll have my Skyline!

And pretty soon I'll have my 240 if everything goes right!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:12pm
Ide love to get a skyline, maybe ile go to california one year. There are companies that import the things and make them street legal. Ive seen skylines pushing 800 HP.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:14pm
they can easily push that much....I've heard they come 280 stock, but with the stock on-board computer you can automtically tune them to about 600HP with no upgrades.

But with a Skyline, the power potential isn't even what sets it apart, it's the 4-wheel drive system!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:17pm
Yeah. I wouldnt get in a car with that much HP that wasnt all wheel drive. Ide be scared of the tires just breaking lose.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:37pm
yeah, I'm pretty sure once you start getting close to 1000HP, your car has to be less reliable and more maintenance intensive, just the nature of the beast
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:38pm
So.. did you get fired?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

yeah, I'm pretty sure once you start getting close to 1000HP, your car has to be less reliable and more maintenance intensive, just the nature of the beast

Once you start getting to those levels of HP, traction becomes the thing you have to overcome.
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:42pm
Is it just me, or does it seem like every thread becomes either a debate, a flame fest, or a car thread, by the third page?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:45pm
That or religion.
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:46pm
That usually goes hand-in-hand with debate or flamefest, though.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 3:48pm
I like to take part in the flamefests.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

haha, just wanted to say that I made the most awesome poll ever. Seriously, look how close it is! LOL

But yeah, good news I guess, I wasn't fired, and I've been here since 9am trying to figure out if I'm gonna try and get this car or not.

The one I'm looking at is on the 240sxforums, so you guys would have to register to see it.

But another one came up which I also like, but it's 2 years older, but it actually has less miles.

This is the other car that's kinda in the running...it's a lot closer too. 1990 240sx SE
No, I wasn't fired....but I can't get my car today because the damn credit union closed at 1pm! Lazy bastards. But I'm gonna get the money and go handle it tomorrow most likely
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Homer J Homer J wrote:

Is it just me, or does it seem like every thread becomes either a debate, a flame fest, or a car thread, by the third page?
It's just you
Pump Scout View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pump Scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 7:37pm
By the way, typically mechanics have the means, the tools, and the know-how to maintain their cars spectacularly... and don't. All the ones I've known have either driven brand-new cars and left maintenance to the warranty, or driven 20 year old POS's and left maintenance to the salvage yard. Personally, I'd never buy a mechanic's car, but that's me.

As to bosses, if yours is anything like my freshly-former boss, they'll find a way to make you quit rather than fire you. If you quit, you can't draw unemployment (at least in WI, not sure about other states). Mine pulled me into her office three weeks ago and screamed obsceneties at me for 45 minutes. When that didn't work, she brought in someone from another similar company in the area to be my "manager". Manager over one person? Riiiiight. Then, over half of what I'd been doing was reassigned to other people, and procedures I'd refined for two years were dumped in favor of the new lady's methods. Last Friday, the boss finally told me that we were done. It was almost a relief... now, my only stress is financial, and that's only temporary. Much like Obi-Wan, I'll only return stronger than she can imagine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic