7 [22.58%]
4 [12.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 7:51pm
yeah, thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.

The car that I posted has actually taken the lead in the running, it is 2 years older but has lower miles and appears to be cleaner. Plus the guy lives less than 2 hours away as opposed to the 7 to Corona!

I'm actually gonna go tomorrow to check out the one in San Bruno, and then I figure even if I don't buy it I didn't drive 7 hours to be disappointed, and I still can hit up the guy in Socal if I want.

I guess it all depends on the mechanic, because I would figure they would maintai them well, but I asked a mechanic I know personally about the issue last night, and he said he would never buy a car from a mechanic, they never maintain their cars.

This was kinda shocking to me, since I figured exactly the opposite.

One thing to keep in mind though, is these cars are well over 10 years old.....it would be kinda hard to continuously treat one like crap and not have it take a dump on you. If you have a clean ass 1992 or earlier car, you would assume someone took good care of it.

Honestly if you care and want to see the actual car, you can register at the 240sxforums.com and check out the buy/sell section....the car is clean as hell, even the engine.

But yeah, most likely I'll end up getting the local one thats 2 years older, the cool thing is these cars are so cheap I could buy another one later on if I see one that really floats my boat.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 7:55pm
yeah and for the record, my boss is acting a bit weird still, but I honestly think it's cause I kinda scare him yesterday

He actually picked my car up for me while I was at work and took it to go get tuned up, so either he's gonna sabatoge my car(not likely since he knows how much I love my cars...I would literally kill him), or I punked him and he respects me now.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 11:43am
Going to check out the car in San Bruno in a bit if everything goes well I'll be driving it home in a few hours....wish me luck!

Pray that it's even better than I'm expecting...that would make me very happy.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 11:59am
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Ask plenteh what he thinks about his union job.

Ugh.

the UFCW Local 1776 is a bunch of turds. I've been working at Super Fresh for 7 months, and we haven't had a contract since before I was hired. I have no idea why we aren't striking. The deadline is Dec 31st though.

My managers treat my nicer than the union does, they all love me. Because I'm a hard worker and do it right. I was only there for 3 months and I got promoted, and was making $7 an hour. Thats more than some people made who were there for over a year. If there was no union, I doubt i would have to worry about them firing me.

At union orientation they went on and on about the evils of Walmart,which I do agree on. But they fed us bull about how if we worked there we wouldn't be making as much. I was like WTH I make $5.50 an hour, minimum wage! If i started at Walmart i would be making atleast $6. Then, they constantly screw with my paycheck and take out whatever fees they want. Weekly dues are supposed to be what you make an hour, plus a dollar. I make $7.25 an hour, and the past 2 weeks they took out $10. It's such crap. I need to call them and get it all sorted out.

This is one of the crappiest unions around. But, we do get good health benefits, so when I'm 18, I'll be covered. Thats even if we still have them when we get this new contract. Super Fresh company is going to hell, i'll be lucky if they are still around in a year.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic