Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super Cyclone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Cyclone
    Posted: 17 November 2005 at 5:17pm
I was wondering if you could mod the A-5's cyclone the same way you mod the RT for a Super RT? Get a bigger hose, thus more BPS. Does anyone else think itll work? If you do, ill make it when i get some Air and ill try it.
My review on the JT headshield:
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?prod=2390&sort=new

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 5:30pm
its not really in the hose its ni the main chamber of it thats why adding a QEV will give you 2 to 3 shoots faster.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 5:39pm
well im guessing since its gas powered it may help a bit. im not sure if itll be like 1/2 ball faster or 6 balls faster

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 5:51pm
do not know but this should go in upgrades and customizing
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 6:02pm
yea. i dunno why i didnt put it there. Can a mod move this? Has this been thought of before? Has anyone tried to do this?

Edited by Vraptor

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 9:43pm
hmmm, I'm guessing you don;t know how the cyclone works. The limiting factor is the spring, not the air.
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 10:09pm
^^^^ i dont think u should try it but hey ur call
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 6:40am

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

hmmm, I'm guessing you don;t know how the cyclone works. The limiting factor is the spring, not the air.

ok. i was figuring air powered-moddable. I probably wont try it

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
ChefBoy RD View Drop Down
You KNOW you want my meatballs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChefBoy RD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 7:12am
Ok, well I'm basing this on my knowledge from when I actually played paintball and paid attention to how some things work. But, I thought the cyclone used excess gas, gas left in the chamber after the last ball was fired. You would have to find some way to use more gas per trigger pull,leaving you more excess gas after the ball has been shot.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 8:14am
^^^Not really, there is more than enough blowback gas to power both a super R/T and a cyclone.
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 3:55pm

Originally posted by ChefBoy RD ChefBoy RD wrote:

Ok, well I'm basing this on my knowledge from when I actually played paintball and paid attention to how some things work. But, I thought the cyclone used excess gas, gas left in the chamber after the last ball was fired. You would have to find some way to use more gas per trigger pull,leaving you more excess gas after the ball has been shot.

uhh they invented the Super RT to make it faster lol. Im pretty sure theres enough excsess gas to make it faster

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 4:04pm
the problem is, who says you want the Cyclone to "go faster"?

The Cyclone feeds a ball for every shot fired, most people are reporting they can get up to about 17bps reliably until skips occur and feeding becomes unreliable.

I don't even know what exactly the QEV mod does, but it doesn't make it "faster", the Cyclone is already linked to the speed of the gun, it's all about making sure a ball feeds when the thing is spinning at 18+bps, which is what the QEV does for you

It's not a matter of needing more air or power, it's already got too much at the high speeds
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 5:32pm
what i want is a faster hopper for more BPS. simple...speed it up and get more bps.

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 5:43pm
you obviously just don't grasp the concept of why the Cyclone can't feed reliably past 17bps......it's not a speed issue!

If anything, the speed is the problem

you can't just "speed it up", which is what we're trying to get through to you

Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 6:21pm
ok. i get that. god i was only trying to figure out why i couldnt get more than 17 bps

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic