Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with my Tippmann A-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Punchy91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with my Tippmann A-5
    Posted: 13 November 2005 at 6:14pm

I bought a brand new Tippmann A-5 with a flatline barrel and the problem i'm having is that I can't get it to fire at 285 fps (field limit).  the most i've gotten it to was 270fps and even then it would drop down to the high 190s.  it fired great once on the field but it kept dropping during the course of the game.  i know it wasn't my air supply cause the tank was full still.  i don't know if it could be my power tube or something else.  i appreciate any help anyone can give or ideas.  thanks again.
Every beginning has an end...

Tippmann A-5
JCS Red Powertube
R/T Trigger System
16" Opsgear Operator Barrel
7" Weaver Hand Rail
T6 Collapsable Stock
E-Z Sling 3 Point Sling
Tactical Light
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 5:49pm

id take it apart, clean it, put oil in the asa, and pray i guess

are you sure you want to be only 10 fps away from the maximum?

or are you using compressed air

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 5:54pm
Do you have any mods on it?  Stock, RVA, spring kit, regulator, x-chamber, nitro tank...?
vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 5:36pm
i've seen a LOT of threads about a-5 velocitys not being high enough lately.......what i would do is check the spring....it may be worn or old (although idk why it would if your gun is new..maybe the spring is a defect)
novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
Bushyboy0404 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushyboy0404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 8:20pm
tippmanns....what kind of idiots would buy a tippmann anyway
02 cocker-sold
ion
max flo
progressive
clamping feedneck
47/3k tank
revvy
vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 10:05pm

Originally posted by Bushyboy0404 Bushyboy0404 wrote:

idk maybe sum1 who wants to play woodsball(other guns work too but....evry1 knows tippmanns r better 4 it), wants a reliable gun, and doesnt have 800 bucks?

novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
fathead1616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fathead1616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 2:09pm
the flatline barrell will change the FPS on a cronograph..... bust out the stock barrell and chrono it on that first.
A-5:
egrip with WAS board
QEV
Dead ON Front grip
14" JJ Ceramic/ flatline
JCS Egrip double trigger
Richocet Hopper
goats_896 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goats_896 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:49pm

AND the reason you would be on a Tippmann forum.  Since you are implying that you hate Tippmanns.  Interesting.

Zafira
playa101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playa101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:50pm
my gun and my friend gun has same problem with our flatlines we both stay at 270-280 tho eny higher and or balls drop down rlly fast
KeeF the QueeF--Tippmann 4 Life
SinperG4015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SinperG4015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by vonfeldt7 vonfeldt7 wrote:

idk maybe sum1 who wants to play woodsball(other guns work too but....evry1 knows tippmanns r better 4 it), wants a reliable gun, and doesnt have 800 bucks?

You could always by a MT-65
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by goats_896 goats_896 wrote:

AND the reason you would be on a Tippmann forum.  Since you are implying that you hate Tippmanns.  Interesting.

Didn't anyone notice the smiley...he was kidding!!!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 6:19pm
Punchy, you need to include more info.  Are you using CO2 or compressed air?  Do you have an RVA?  We need to know these things.
Punchy91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Punchy91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Punchy, you need to include more info.  Are you using CO2 or compressed air?  Do you have an RVA?  We need to know these things.

i'm using co2 but i'm switching to nitro soon and i don't have an RVA.  now i'm having problems chopping balls for some stupid reason and i don't know why.
Every beginning has an end...

Tippmann A-5
JCS Red Powertube
R/T Trigger System
16" Opsgear Operator Barrel
7" Weaver Hand Rail
T6 Collapsable Stock
E-Z Sling 3 Point Sling
Tactical Light
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 8:20pm
now are you chopping, or breaking in the barrel?  if you chop, paint will be in the cyclone, if its a barrel break, it will just be in the barrel.  you are probably just getting barrel breaks due to cold weather.
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by fathead1616 fathead1616 wrote:

the flatline barrell will change the FPS on a cronograph..... bust out the stock barrell and chrono it on that first.
^^^Rubbish!^^^

Don't take A5 advice from people who don't have one.  The Flatline doesn't have any effect on velocity if you crono'd it with the Flatline in the first place.

I had a really bad time with my rig this past weekend.  COČ and Winter temperatures suck for all markers, especially R/T's though... my was not running right at all.  I also ended up taking my Flatty off and using a Hammerhead Sharkstooth... better, but I still had velocity issues...  I'm not playing Winter ball anymore... still had a lot of fun though. 

Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32° Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
--Red-- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote --Red-- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 11:38am
I had the same exact problem with my A-5 so I ordered a maddmann spring kit, its pretty good now.
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 11:58am

had the same problems when I first tried out my A-5.  Its your CO2 most likely, my marker had the same problems with FPS, but I did not have as much ups as you have.  But once I changed to HPA(compressed air), it was more consistent and the FPS was not as erratic with CO2. 

A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
Santini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 4:38am
Well I own 2  A-5's. I've shot flatlines, smart-parts, empires and lapco barrels. What effects fps is colder weather not the barrel. A worn spring can do it as well. I've set my marker to 280 and come back when it warms up and am pushing 325. In cold weather its harder to take a liquid -co2 and change it to a gas-co2 thus lowering your velocity
mkinnett1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkinnett1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 3:38am
had same prob. and it was just a matter of tightening the velocity screw all the way in and then stating over
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 7:29am
If you are running a Flatline, you shouldn't put your velocity over 275 anywaysw. Best Velocity for the Flatine is 260-270.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic