Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m a n00b

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paintballistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m a n00b
    Posted: 12 November 2005 at 11:05pm
Ok guys I'm a n00b and I want to know which gun I
should buy. this will be my first gun and I want to
shoose wisely. also if there are any strategies or tips
that you can give me about paintball that would be
awesome. Thanks!
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 11:07pm
I would recomend a tippmann 98c. great starter
guns. and for your tips and strategies learn how to
snap shoot. when snap shooting you pop up and
shoot maybe 3-4 balls or so at a target and go back
down
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 12:30am
Search the net for a Tippmann 98 Custom power pack. Good things to start out with are a 98 Custom, mask, and 12 oz. co2 tank. Check out paintballgear.com and countypaintball.com. My first gun was a 98C. I still love it. Have fun. 
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 12:57am
Normally I'd reccomend the 98 custom as well, but if you really want to shoot wisely, look at the C3. Since you're new, it will be good to save on gas expenses, and the fact that it's a pump will force you to shoot wisely, know that you can make the shot before you make it.

Your call, they will both do you well.
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 1:40am

^^^

All right. 98 Customs are great starter guns because they have the ability to grow with the player.(upgrades) The C-3 may also be a good choice for the reasons stated above.

The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 3:41am
Its nice to have an easy to find, affordable pump for people to pick up again. I learned on a pump, and I'm glad, since I carry the things I learned with pump over to my play now.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 9:13am
If you want a pump, go for the C-3. If that's not what you're looking for, go with the 98c. As for tips.. look on www.madpaintballer.com. Thy have a lot of good articles on there.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if Id have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 1:58pm
    I had to learn on a Blade pump gun. Then to a crappy eradactor that I had for a few years then I made the step to Adulthood of paintball and got a tippmann custom pro with a flatline and adjustable stock! Its cool...but anyways id say go with an a-a5 they are very good guns and even more customizable than a reg. custom
Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 3:34pm

Originally posted by Hella Cool Hella Cool wrote:

Search the net for a Tippmann 98 Custom power pack. Good things to start out with are a 98 Custom, mask, and 12 oz. co2 tank. Check out paintballgear.com and countypaintball.com. My first gun was a 98C. I still love it. Have fun. 

ill 2nd that

Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
blue orchids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue orchids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 4:55pm
tippmann is a good brand for paintball guns. I recommend a 98 custom or a a-5
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 7:12pm

tippmann 98c power pack or go for a pump the reason for a pump is you get a lot better when you get a non pump

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:05am
Have a price range?

If you have about 400 to spend, Tippmann 98C, V-Force Profiler mask, and a Crossfire 68/4500 HPA tank. I think that's around $400 US.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:14am

These guys are right on the money so far.

If you're looking to 'start smart' with paint conservation through shot placement as opposed to the volume of paint you'll shoot, Pick up a C-3. You'll spend a LOT less on your air since 16oz of propane gives you 50,000 shots, and since its a pump marker, you will not be given the option of a high rate of fire. In order to play effectively, you'll be forced to learn how to place your shots efficiently.

I strongly recommend learning how to play with a pump maker. Like Choopie, I did, and I still utilize the skills that I picked up from that type of gameplay.

~If you're looking to get right into the semi-auto game, maybe play a little bit of low level speedball, the Tippmann 98 custom is your best bet. As mentioned, you can shop around online in different places for package deals, but the marker will be the same.

It is a durable marker, and will keep on ticking for as long as you play the game. Theres nothing to the operation of it, its very, very simple. Plus, if you decide you want to upgrade it down the line, there are so many functional and cosmetic upgrades available for it that I couldnt begin to tell you about them all. Browse our marker gallery for suggestive ideas.

the 98c is a terriffic marker in the woods, and it'll serve you well on the low end speed ball games. Theres a reason that the vast majority of authorized fields use the 98 customs as their rental markers.

Edited by Reb Cpl

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 2:16pm
Looks like everyone is saying the 98c and I agree. It's a great starter gun.
It's really easy to use and it's a good little gun and it's not that pricey.
Once you start playing...go ahead and get something new if ur up for it.
As for me, I still play with my 98c
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

These guys are right on the money so far.

Are you sure? Make sure High Voltage doesnt think these are "useless" posts.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
skarshnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skarshnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:48am
Originally posted by SuzukiRider987 SuzukiRider987 wrote:

If you want a pump, go for the C-3.
Or better yet a phantom.
Currently first in the chase to find the last happy cloud...
Dufferdawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dufferdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 1:52pm
I did an A5 for my first one with just the standard trigger.  Suited me well.  I upgraded to the Etrigger and a flatline.  Suits me better now.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 5:57pm
i recomend the 98custom its a great starter and pretty afordable, and you can upgrade it over time to suit your style of play, the c-3 has no upgrades...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
A-5-killinya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5-killinya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 8:46pm
I satrted with an A-5 and i love it. plus you can upgrade it to the type of paintball you like to play. as for tips i would tell you to practice snapshooting and don't be afraid to get hit because if you are you most liekly won't move up and won't get any eliminations. welcome to the sport and have fun.
I play front

I run a blue SP ION
06 freak back
Blue 06 all-american front
Blue smartparts adjustable feedneck
T-Board
crossfire 47/3000psi tank

I Live At The Fifty

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic