Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got a Question.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Sc(+)pe. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Sc(+)pe. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got a Question.....
    Posted: 12 November 2005 at 8:28pm

I lost the right valve lock screw from playing....Do I need two, or can I play with only one?? for some reason it keeps gettin loose...if you guys kno, I would be very happy if you can help...

Thanks

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 8:51pm
Dont play with just one its not safe.
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 8:54pm
You can play with just one, but definetly not recommended. I did for a few months, and I ended up cracking my power tube really good. Those screws are there to hold the powertube in place, to keep it from moving around. Do yourself a favor. Buy the screw today, and save yourself some money in the future.

www.tippmannparts.com I havn't checked the price, but they're probably only $0.50
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
.Sc(+)pe. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Sc(+)pe. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 8:58pm

ok, thx for the advice..Im glad you told me that it could have broken my powertube..That wouldnt have been good...I checked tippmannparts.com and they are $1.00 so ill be gettin one soon..

Thanks

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 1:35am
Yes, do that. Get one asap. They might keep getting loose because they are stripped, might I suggest spending an extra dollar and getting 2 new screws. That may eliminate the loosening. 
The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 9:39am
Call Tippmann during hours, explain what's wrong, they will mail you a free screw within a week.
Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

gomez583 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gomez583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 10:13am
You also need some loc-tite.
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro E
Ricochet Apache LCD
Tapco T6 Stock
10 Pc Empire Barrel Kit
Low Pressure Kit
Palmer Male Stabilizer
Ape Board
Ape Trigger
D H Titanium Hammer (soon)
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 10:37am

Its probaly stripped out. Still using the gun with one or no screws will give you major problems, its really impossible to play with like this.

Get a new screw and pray the valve body isnt stripped. Use Loctite on these screws and just snug in.

.Sc(+)pe. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Sc(+)pe. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 1:51pm
ok thx for the help guys

Edited by .Sc(+)pe.
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 7:17pm
better safe than sorry go for 2
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:47am

You want to be careful too, that you don't overtighten them when you put them in. on my old 98, the screws were jammed in pretty good, to the point where they stripped the recieving threads in the valve. It was so bad that one of them just flew out one day while I was shooting.

I suggest, instead of loc-tite, use some teflon tape on the screw, and tighten it just enough that it stops turning, rather than wrenching the sucker in there.

.Sc(+)pe. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Sc(+)pe. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 2:18pm

yeah I ordered a tippmann parts kit and it comes with those screws....I just hope the screw was stripped instead of the reciever half or the power tube...I think I will just put some electric tape over the screws and hopefully they dont fall out..

Thanks for all the help

dmp4892 View Drop Down
Goodbye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 3:19pm
I took one of the screws out, and the threads inside the receiver are stripped now, so one of them won't screw in. How do I fix that?

billya5 View Drop Down
Strike 2 for trolling (6/30)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billya5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 4:15pm
duct tape that will do it 
Right know im fondling my....

Angel G7 blue dust
2 piece custom products barrel
halo B
68/4500 crossfire l/p tank
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 4:56pm
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic