Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Lose your Country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:22pm

sammy - this is how 8 hispanics can be cheaper than 2 uncles.

say your uncles are paid $40k a year for their jobs.  so that that is $80k...(this is all using easy numbers and only a gerneralization.).  so that is two people earning 80k for a combined 80hours a week (again another generalization).  now take 8 hispanics (if they were hispanics)  spilt 80k/8 = 10k/person.  now hours wise they are doing 320hours of work a week as compared to 80hours a week on the same pay.  now you are able to do more with the same amount of cash.

also the quality of workers isn't (whoops mistyped that) the problem with people from 3rd countries.  most of the time they have to build their own stuff, they can not afford to hire anyone.  so most of the time the people coming over are generally more skilled than american workers when it comes to construction.  generally.  if i were to help build a house it would take forever because i do not have that kind of experiance.  but a mexican that has been doing this work for a few years will have much better experiance.

the one problem i have with immigration is the ability of a criminal to come into our society.  unlike the US other governments (generally 3rd world) do not have the systems to keep up with the information of criminals.  now a program that the US government could insitute is a workers program that:

1)  finger print all that apply and keep in a data network and if they do commit futher crimes then they are either prosecuted or sent back to their prisions.

2)  be very easy to obtain a workers visa

3)  that workers visa will also enable the immigrant to become a citizen over time to the US, if they so choose.

4)  that visa also gives rights to the person while in our borders. 

and there are others but that is a starting point.

Edited by darkSIDEofMOON
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Do you ever post your own ideas, or just agree with the liberals and flame the republicans?
I usually just take very whitty jabs at whoever is losing the argument and then run away like a little girl.

I pretty much gave up on debating politics on the forum after a few incidents earlier this year. But now a question for you. Do you ever post your own ideas or just mindlessly repeat your parents point of views? How's your quest to get rich going? Being that that IS the most important thing in life.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Hoytshooter View Drop Down
Guested - Language++

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoytshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:31pm
I like how ppl ignore me becuase they know im right.
I shoot a Hoyt

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:32pm
I have much different views than my parents. And if you want to go back to that thread, I did indeed say it was not the most important thing in life.

Quote It isn't the most important thing in the world.

Edited by Sammy
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Hoytshooter Hoytshooter wrote:

I like how ppl ignore me becuase they know im right.
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

History assignment for OS:  Compare and contrast the current riots in France with the race riots in the US in the 60's.  Explain commonalities and differences.

(I'll summarize:  Bad things and riots happen at different times for different reasons.  Generalizing from limited data, like OS did in his post, is incorrect)

The African Americans who were rioting in the 60's didn't choose to pick up their families and lives and start over here. That situation was forced upon their grand or great grandparents. The immigrants in France, voluntarily CHOSE to move to France. Nobody forced them at gunpoint, in chains to go there. They always have the option of moving back. The kids doing this, can move back to the place their parents CHOSE to leave. Perhaps they can use their firebomb making experience to try and survive whatever violence drove their parents away.
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

One more thing I forgot to mention to all those that complain and moan about all the jobs going to the immagrants, if your that dumb that a company will hire an immigrant that barely speaks English over you, it is your own fault that you didnt finish high school and get a better education. It doesnt take much to qualify for and keep a job. Hell, it must not be to difficult since the immagrants can manage to do it.

Your still a kid, Dj. How did the "immigration problem" ever effect you?

I think you are confusing the immigration problem here. It's not the people who move here legally. It's the ones that sneak across the border illegally. First of all, regardless of what jobs they do, I don't like having that many criminals in my country who weren't invited and should concentrate their efforts on making their own country a better place to live.
I am all for legal immigration. Without it, I wouldn't be here (halfway a second generation Filipino), nor would any of us really. It also brings in new ideas and viewpoints. I'm not so much for the total multi-cultural thing since I do believe that we need some sort of a national identity, not enclaves of people keeping those areas the same as their birthplaces.
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 12:21pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Why wouldnt there be french citizens living with the immigrants?

I didnt realize that French had a special section of their country to put all the non-citezens/immigrants live Germany did during the 1940s.

The number of people that are rioting in France are small compared to the number that live there. Irregardless, like Clark said it is retarded to guess why people are rioting.

Personally I dont care one bit about France and their problem. I just think saying immigration is a major problem that needs to be fixed is not correct.

Nooooooo!  The most dreaded error EVER!

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 12:31pm

^^^^^  Heh - I was going to say something, but figured I would let it slide, given Hades' track record of good grammar.

:)

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 1:31pm
*cough* wrong name *cough*

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 5:43pm
Oh, I see the mistake. A double-negative It felt weird to type it but I was too busy at that moment to look it up.

Learn something new ever day.

English was never a good subject for me. After learning what a noun was I figured out I had learned enough.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 5:51pm
I called some family. They live in Paris. The problem is immigration. In a roundabout sort of way.

Basicaly, immigrants come and work, build families and such. And they are happy. They know its worse off in their home countries, so, they are happy. As the deffinition of ones happyness is largely relative.

Their children are then given opourtunies that they were not, they grow up in french society. And are more well off than there parents. This goes on for a couple generations and the children of the immigrants see how well off the "true french" really are. They are just as french as everyone else. But they are largely viewed as second class citizens.

In france there is a class system. I.. I kind of like it. But this isnt about me, the working class is furious at how they have been snubbed for years and years. There is a glass barrier where they can see the trappings of success of others, but social class and decorum dictates that those are fruits of success that they will never taste.

Fox news is trying to say that these are muslim militants or whatever. Thats such crap..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic