FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TORNADO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TORNADO
    Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:52am

Some have you may have seen on the today show about a tornado that hit the Henderson, kentucky and Evansville, indiana area last night at around 2.

The place were it hit henderson was about 5 miles from where i live and it didn't even rain at my house last night. It took out a very famous horse track and a huge mobile home area right now the death tole is at 18 but exspected to rise. The destruction is massive i'll see if i can get some pictures of it if we go out later but other than that you'll prolly see it on the news some.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/11/06/tornado051 106.html

bluemunky View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:54am
It doesn't normally rain when a tornado comes through.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:55am
If I ever lived in a Tornado prone area, I dont think I would ever live in a mobile home.

>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:55am

well i meant that it rained at the place were the tornado touched down and stuff but didn't rain anywhere else i thought it was weird but then again i'm an idiot

They just said that this is the worst tornado since 1988 beacuse this happened at 2 am and no one was awake to hear the sirens so they didn't have time to take cover. And it also doubled the death countof all the the tornado deaths in the past few years

Edited by >><<
bluemunky View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

If I ever lived in a Tornado prone area, I dont think I would ever live in a mobile home.

Pretty much all mobile home areas are tornado prone, as they have to be very flat to accomodate(sp) all the homes.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 12:46pm
I nearly drove into an F5 tornado here in Kansas City a few years ago. I wasn't familiar with that part of town and got turned around on tree covered streets after I decided to evacuate back home, which was away from the storms.

When I came to an open field I could see two small tornados swirling slowly around this tremendous gray mass. It was hard to say how far it was, but I'd guess a couple of miles. The clouds in the sky on my side were bright white and solid to the horizon. On the other side was a sky of solid storm clouds. A perfectly defined line between them met at that storm. It was windy, but not much rain, and the tornado sirens and police cars ordering people to cover were the only sounds. I just sat there for a full minute in awe of that thing before I turned and drove as fast as a four cylinder jeep can take you.

The weather people said that storm dropped 88 tornados, and the one I saw was a mile wide at times. I never want to be closer.

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 1:57pm

It's the same as buying a million dollar house on a hillside.

And I thought you would be understanding of people's money problems and living where you have to.

Edited by Jim Paint

saepe fidelis
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 1:59pm
I woke up this morning listening to the thunder, it struck a couple time in the woods behind my house. And the tornado siren came on at probaly 5:30 this morning. I turned on the radar but it had already passed.

saepe fidelis
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

And I thought you would be understanding of people's money problems and living where you have to.

I can assure you there are cheaper places than a mobile home in tornado alley.
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

I can assure you there are cheaper places than a mobile home in tornado alley.

Alright, considering every map of Tornado alley is different, I can't say for sure I live in it.

But cheaper than a mobile home?

saepe fidelis
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 3:10pm
I am not trying to diss moble homes and yes having a house on a hill in earthquake country is just as mind boggling.

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 3:14pm
I mean you can get a mobile home somewhere else that is not in tornado alley.
bluemunky View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 6:09pm

I woke up this morning listening to the thunder, it struck a couple time in the woods behind my house. And the tornado siren came on at probaly 5:30 this morning. I turned on the radar but it had already passed.

Thunder doesn't strike, lighting does. Lightning causes the thunder.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 6:35pm
that not too far away, nothing happened here
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 7:48pm

A million dollar home IS a mobile home in California.
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 8:09pm
Hey guys I live where it hit. newburgh IN I would get
pictures but I dont know how to upload them to the
computer. The damage is unbelievable. my house
was right in the path of the tornado and my street got
the worst of it all (litteraly) just about everyhouse on
my street was crushed and mine was untouched. To
tell you the truth I slept through it and so did the rest
of my family
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 8:10pm
O and >><<. I went by the mobile home area and half
of the place looked like a complete junkyard and the
other half was untouched. And ellis park (the horse
racing track) was badly damaged with a few dead
horses
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 8:15pm
I just saw on the news that the death toll is 23
people and rising and 18 of the people were in that
mobile home park. 18 people including children. and
I think there are like some 200+ people injured and
in hospitals
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 8:37pm
Ya i live like 5 mintues away from ellis and my sister works their and she knows the trainer and said those horses that dies were $30,000 dollar horses and i drove by all the places that got hit but forgot my camera and it just looks like everything went through a giant shredder. Its terrible looking
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 9:05pm
I have pictures of places around me and I'll get more.
I'll post them of my street if I can get them to upload
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic