Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C3 noteworthy observations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stray Bullet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C3 noteworthy observations
    Posted: 06 November 2005 at 9:52am
I have noticed that if the fuel/ air ratio is not adjusted properly there might be a slight delay between the time you pull the trigger and the firing of the marker.
I know this is real because sometimes I could hear the electric crack of the spark plug before the marker fired. It seems that out of the box it does need some fine tuning. My C3 was way to rich because the fumes were very strong and during rapid firing the delay became more obvious to my senses. After tuning the delay disappeared and degree of the fumes dissipated as well.
Also you need to pull the pump completely back to make sure the fuel injector was cycled as well.

Edited by Stray Bullet
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 10:31am
Duely noted.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by Stray Bullet Stray Bullet wrote:

I have noticed that if the fuel/ air ratio is not adjusted properly there might be a slight delay between the time you pull the trigger and the firing of the marker.
I know this is real because sometimes I could hear the electric crack of the spark plug before the marker fired. It seems that out of the box it does need some fine tuning. My C3 was way to rich because the fumes were very strong and during rapid firing the delay became more obvious to my senses. After tuning the delay disappeared and degree of the fumes dissipated as well.
Also you need to pull the pump completely back to make sure the fuel injector was cycled as well.

Stray,

Since I don't have a C-3 but I am very interested in the mechanics of its operation, could you give an explanation of how this adjustment is made? 

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:00pm

There is a "regulator" knob right on the ASA, that adjusts the air/fuel mix.  According to the manual, the mixture will need to be adjusted after marker break-in.  Posts on the forum indicate that some guns need adjustment out of the box.

A simple adjustment - turn off the fuel, and the turn it up until it works.

Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:28am
the proccess goes...

turn the reg clockwise until the screw stops, it will not fall out. now the reg is off.

start by making half turns, pumping and firing several time to verify if its correctly mixed of not. if not, make another half turn and contine checking.

once it fires correctly, make on more half turn and check again.

the difference in firing and not firing is is outside of once complete turn, so by haking the extra half turn, you are hopefully getting into the middle of that "proper working zone"

this is from the Manual, rewritten with my own words
www.pbteamwow.com
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:51pm
Thanks guys! Interesting info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic