Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

very dissapointed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
diedonimpact View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: very dissapointed
    Posted: 05 November 2005 at 3:30pm
I was so excited when i purchased my tippy 98c pro about 2 weeks ago. the first time i took it to the field the velocity trigger was screwed up...i used a crappy rental but life goes on. a day later i bought another velocity screw but when i went paintballing today i found out that the gun had internal problems and i would have to send it back...im extremely disappointed in tippmann
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 9:20pm
Sorry to hear it. I know how you feel.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2005 at 11:31pm
What was wrong with it, like what was it doing?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 6:58pm
double-feeding (beyond repair) and extreme chopping
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 7:14pm
even the best companies in the world will put out the occasional dud. Tippmann will make it right with you i wouldn't worry about it, at worst it will cost you a coulpe of weeks.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:16pm

Originally posted by diedonimpact diedonimpact wrote:

double-feeding (beyond repair) and extreme chopping

Double feeding beyond repair? That's a new one. Beyond repair...hmmm.

You say that the velocity control screw was, not sure what you were saying, missing from the power tube? You replaced that and then found the marker had internal problems?

Who assessed these "internal problems"? First, now you didn't say you were using an after market hopper so I assume you are using the OEM gravity feed. For the grav feed to double feed requires somewhat significant failure, but easy to fix. They must have left the detent out of the marker during assembly! (at the same time they forgot to install the velocity screw?)

A detent costs a dollar or two at ANY paintball store that does service. If your marker is missing the detent it will likely feed more than one ball. It may feed more than two balls. With no detent one ball may feed and a second may partially feed as the bolt closes, causing the second ball to be chopped. Two may feed, and since there is nothing to prevent a third (except a restriction of the barrel throat, which may not be a restriction if the paint is small) from partially feeding and getting chopped as the bolt closes.

Now, on a new marker, when you discovered the velocity screw was missing you should have set aside the marker and returned it to the place of purchase as soon as possible. They should have installed the missing part at no charge or handed you a new marker.

If the store installed the missing velocity screw, and THEN you discovered the double feed problems you should have again returned the marker to the store. Told them the marker was defective and requested a (new) replacement. This is no skin off the store's nose as Tippmann stands behind the marker and would have replaced it to the store. At this point the store has failed in their obligation to a customer...I would get this problem resolved and then take my business elsewhere.

At this point your best bet may actually be returning the marker directly to Tippmann...with a letter of explanation (written a bit more clearly that you posted here) and the name, phone number and address of the dealer. Or, if you have the verbal finesse, return to the dealer, explain the sequence of problems and request that they replace the marker with new or return the marker, post haste, to Tippmann at no charge to you.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:06am
everything was stock and the person who assssed this was a trained profesional from my local paintball field (specializes in 98c's cus thats the fields rental)
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 2:26pm
Well there is no such thing as double feeding beyond repair. I think the field owner messed up. Becuase each marker that comes out of the factory is tested for problems, and if there is any, they fix it then test it again.

Edited by Monk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 6:29pm

look im just going on what the EXPERT said no offense but why are you fighting me on this??

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 7:34pm

look im just going on what the EXPERT said no offense but why are you fighting me on this??

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 8:32pm

Who's fighting you? We are trying to point out that you may be getting jerked around and that there is recourse to have your maker repaired or replaced right NOW. Statements like  "beyond repair" and "extreme chopping" are not assessments one would expect to hear from an "expert" on a Tippmann. These markers are dirt simple which is why they are so durable and easy to fix. One does not have to be an expert to solve 99% of the "malfunctions" that occasionally happen with Tippmanns.

Ever hear stories of people taking their cars to the dealer and getting told that it's the thing-a-ma-bob-widget gone wrong and its not covered by standard warranty. You will either have to wait a month to get factory coverage of we'll fix it now for a couple a hundred bucks. The dealer doesn't want to fool with the customer...he might even get to extract a few more dollars by poor mouthing the product.

The value in buying from a local dealer is so that he can solve your problems if there are any. From the bogus service you are getting you should have bought on-line or bought a used marker off Ebay.

On second thought, maybe we are fighting you, because we know Tippmann products are top quality for the price you pay.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 10:27pm
Yeah, I thought the expert dude was just yankin you chain to get some money from you.
neocool00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neocool00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 3:06pm
When I got my 98 Custom last year, it was soaked in oil. I couldn't shoot a straight shot to save my life. I didn't realize it till I had gotten out on the field and had to strip it down and clean it. It came out of the box like that. It was so badly soaked that I had oil oozing out of the hand grip.
Tippmann 98 Custom
14" J&J Ceramic
Q-Loader
Lapco Direct Feedneck
Dye Sticky Grips
20oz w/ on/off valve
coiled remote line
JT Spectra 260 Thermals
JT Tatical Gloves
Olive Green Flight Suit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 7:19pm

Originally posted by neocool00 neocool00 wrote:

When I got my 98 Custom last year, it was soaked in oil. I couldn't shoot a straight shot to save my life. I didn't realize it till I had gotten out on the field and had to strip it down and clean it. It came out of the box like that. It was so badly soaked that I had oil oozing out of the hand grip.

And I'll bet you that there was no rust. Funny, I have never bought a new firearm that did not require cleaning before first use. USUALLY there is excess oil all over the place. Good to hear that Tippmann follows such good shipping prep!  

Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 11:32am
Just because the guy at the field rents Tippmans, and works at or even owns a paintball store/field, does not make him an expert. Is he trained by Tippmann to work on their guns? If not, then he is not an expert. Is the guy at Jiffy Lube an expert in car repairs? OR is he just some guy that knows how to remove and replace a bolt and dump some more oil in?
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 2:08pm
Ya companys always have a few markers every so often that are messed up.

As long as it is new and it still has a warranty don't worry about it...they will fix it
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic