FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Paintball Footwear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Paintball Footwear
    Posted: 02 November 2005 at 11:34pm
Alright, since I'm bored and just got new boots, what do you all wear when you go paintballing? Regular sneakers? Cleats, Hiking boots, combat boots of some sort? Maybe even overpriced specialty stuff from DYE? List what you wear, why you thinks it's good for your style of play /budget/image/corns and bunyons.

Personally, in hot weather I go with a pair of black Altma Jungle boots. They're light weight, keep my feet cool, dry out fast when they get wet, and have nice Panama Soles which gives cleat-like traction.

For when it's a little cooler or wet, I had a pair of regular old insulated workboots from K-Mart. This was for when There was a bit of standing water on the ground or mud and I didn't want it coming in through the side vents on my Altmas. However, if keeping my feet dry was a lost cause I'd go with the Altmas since these vents would let out the water when I went in over them.

But those boots have been retired in favor of my new Bate's Durashock ICBs. I fell in love with these boots over the summer and just had to get a pair after I came home and turned mine in. So easy on the feet compared to the Altma's and K-Mart junk, great ankle support, tread that sheds the mud unlike the Altmas which get clogged(drives my mom crazy when I come in the house like that)and they're Gore-Tex lined to be water repellant and slightly insulated, but not so much as to be uncomfortable in warm weather like the Blue Light Specials. On my own part, I felt guilty getting anything with the EGA on it, but I couldn't find a version w/o vents that didn't, but since they're USMC rejected due to slight blemishes(I don't really notice, I think the leather might be slightly discolored in a spot on the inside of the ankle? ) I figure a reject like me can wear them.

Anywho, what's on your feet?
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 11:36pm
Football cleats in the woods/outdoors.  Random sneakers indoors.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 11:42pm
Since my parents would never let me buy boots especially designed for combat, I settled for $30 workboots from Wal-Mart. They took forever to break in and even though it's really well broken in now, the traction and the weight suck. I wear them because I have no other choice.

I really want Magnum boots.
chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 11:49pm
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 11:49pm
ive got a pair of speedlace "combat" boots. i decided i dont like them for paintball. i like hiking boots. a little on the heavy side. but i get good grip. thats for outdoors. for indoors. old sneakers. the carpets get so oily and greasy from the paint i dont think a specialty paintball shoe would work.
General Bissell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Bissell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 12:07am
Nike Crosstrainers...they are beasts, been through everything, mud, water (knee deep), paintball, work, running, forests, the works...i take pride in them
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 1:06am
Since where I play usually has lots of broken glass, upturned nails, rusty wire, jagged metal spikes and edges, rattlesnakes, and cactus all over, I usually where pretty heavy duty hiking boots.

I was just thinking how I might play alot differently if I did have to worry or think about some of those risks all the time.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 1:10am
Football cleats.
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 2:19am
DXS shoes that I got for 20 bux
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 6:44am
Nike soccer cleats.
I need a new Sig...
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:27am

They are also my everyday shoe, pretty much....

MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:32am
Some 20 dollar cleats i found at **edited**s Sporting Goods

glazener24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 8:24am
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Football cleats.
"It strikes fear in my heart..." -Former OU coach Barry Switzer, in regards to OSU football.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 8:29am
dye ATCs that i paid $20 for brand new
TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:05am
K-Mart Boots during the winter

Summer boots, or a pair of running shoes'
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:09am
I wear some old leather boots with thick sides and thicker soles. They're great out in the woods with rough terrain, and in the caves they keep me from ramming my toes into limestone. The cave floor is sandy and flat ( which makes a thick paste when mixed with paint) but because of the field size I'm really running when I go into a bunker.

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:13am
for many years i wore survivor brand boots. they lasted 4 years each (i had 2 pairs)

then my gf told me i needed a new pair so after a few months of looking for something half way diecent. i got a pair of magnum stelths

magnum stelths were alright but they started to come apart after a month and i only wore them for day shues.

about a month after that i got a job at a machine shop and needed a pair of steel toed boots. so i went down to the NEX and thought "if its good enough for real combat it should be good enough for me" i should have been thinking "low bidder won" within a month they were shot.

so heres a break down.

hurman survivers rock but dont make boots with the features i like any more.

stelths were comfterble and light weight but the rubber and leather started to seperate after about a month of wear.

bates have features i like but little padding and that wore away after a few weeks.

personally i have high standereds in boots.and im hard as heck on them.

my next pair of boots will need to be/have

-high top ankels (8" or what ever)
-leather and canvious to breath
-steel toe
-none of the clips for the laces. must be fully inclosed eyes
-zipper up the side
-wide size (my feet are short but wicked wide)
-thick insolation
-black

my bates boots. i do like how it has wide tred. metal chips dont get stuck.

Edited by merc
saving the world, one warship at a time.
cv222005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cv222005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:24am
altama jungles, or rocky alphas 8inch

98C
R/T
M4 foregrips W/sightpost
3POS-M4 STOCK
REMOTE
bluemunky View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:33am
I play in Adidas lax/football cleats.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 9:41am
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

for many years i wore survivor brand boots. they lasted 4 years each (i had 2 pairs)

then my gf told me i needed a new pair so after a few months of looking for something half way diecent. i got a pair of magnum stelths

magnum stelths were alright but they started to come apart after a month and i only wore them for day shues.

about a month after that i got a job at a machine shop and needed a pair of steel toed boots. so i went down to the NEX and thought "if its good enough for real combat it should be good enough for me" i should have been thinking "low bidder won" within a month they were shot.

so heres a break down.

hurman survivers rock but dont make boots with the features i like any more.

stelths were comfterble and light weight but the rubber and leather started to seperate after about a month of wear.

bates have features i like but little padding and that wore away after a few weeks.

personally i have high standereds in boots.and im hard as heck on them.

my next pair of boots will need to be/have

-high top ankels (8" or what ever)
-leather and canvious to breath
-steel toe
-none of the clips for the laces. must be fully inclosed eyes
-zipper up the side
-wide size (my feet are short but wicked wide)
-thick insolation
-black

my bates boots. i do like how it has wide tred. metal chips dont get stuck.

Try some ROCKY boots... (Rockyboots.com) I have a pair of Duty fort hoods.. and Love um' been with me for 3 years now, through complete crap conditions and are still in FINE shape, Justneed a polish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic