Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 problems, RT and barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Schiavona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schiavona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 problems, RT and barrel
    Posted: 02 November 2005 at 7:10pm
Okay, so I bought myself an A-5 off eBay (I know, probobly a bad decision). It came with an expansion chamber, response trigger, double trigger, and a SmartParts Progressive barrel, all installed. I take it out to shoot a hopper or two, just to get the feel of it. First off, the pin of the response trigger that pushes the trigger out often (a lot) won't reset itself, and just sit as if you had pulled the trigger without an air supply attached. Also, I can see a good deal of CO2 coming out of the end of the barrel after each shot, but I'm not sure if thats just me not being used to it (I have a 98C with a CMI Tru-flight Quiet Barrel, barely see anything when you fire). If I point the gun towards the ground, a ball will actually roll out onto the ground.  I  REALLY need help with these problems. In all honesty, I don't have the time or the technical competence to figure these out on my own. Help!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 3:04pm
  • Ball rolling out- missing detent
  • visible gas- probly the temperature, or lack of barrel porting
  • stuck pin, use lithium grease in the R/T piston.
HPD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:21pm
On my a-5 when i have a full tank of Co2 i have lot of gas come out of the front of the barrel for the first 25 or so shots.

Make shure the R/t is greased.

Buy a new ball detent.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:26pm
You may also need to adjust the air to the RT...
GBLoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBLoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 5:06pm
Also check the O-ring at the top of the response trigger in the pistol grip.  If this is damaged when connecting to the upper receiver you will not have a seal and the response trigger will not work.  Even a small nick is enough to give you problems.  The ball rolling out of the barrel is a broken or missing dentent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic