Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new aimer thingy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new aimer thingy
    Posted: 31 October 2005 at 1:36pm
Ok so what if some company were to put a sensor on the end of their barrel that would put crosshairs  in your goggles. 

The crosshairs would always point where your gun is pointing,  ya know?

So there would be no  need to look directly down the sights anymore and you could shoot people with great precision.

Your goggles would have to be one of those type of weird screens where you can see stuff on it and still look through it.  
I think that'd be awesome. 

Some rich electronics dude should try this lol

In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 1:49pm

There's something like this in Apache Heloicopters. The cannon underneath the nose of the chopper is linked the the gunner's helmet; wherever he looks it points. It's prohitively expensive though.

The trouble with projecting a crosshair in your helmet is ensuring proper eye relief and eye positioning so that the angle isn't screwed up. a milimeter of alteral displacement of the eye compared to what the computer thinks it is could utterly screw up your aim with this system.

Simply put, it ain't gonna happen.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 2:55pm
it could happen if you play paintball and are bill gates son.
98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 3:05pm
I doubt Bill Gates would buy a Tippmann. :P
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 5:05pm

nice idea but paintballs arent taht accurate and yea expensiiiiiiive. only someone with a lot of mula could buy that.

model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
cv222005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cv222005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 9:34am
i was actualy considering mounting a mini cam for a rc car that is wireless to my gun then get some sort of mini monitor to put in my mask out of the way of my straight sight but in the periphial and use it kinda like the millitarys land warrior stuff to peek corners and stuff at bases. oh, and i would also make a protective case for the cam out of some thicker plexiglass and stuff to keep it from gettin busted

98C
R/T
M4 foregrips W/sightpost
3POS-M4 STOCK
REMOTE
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 4:33pm
Yes, not to mention that pulling the trigger and sneezing with friends or teammates nearby could produce disasterous results.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by bigomondis105 bigomondis105 wrote:

it could happen if you play paintball and are bill gates son.

Made me laugh.

boarder2k7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boarder2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 5:31pm
Not gonna happen... Ever. There is no point of reference for the crosshairs to be represented with, everything in the system could move........

So unless you want to have sensors strapped all over you, with a laptop on your back to process it all.... forget it.
I play speedball with a 98 custom.....
www.tippmannowners.com
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 6:37pm
On the same note, A camera-on-gun system like the M29 OICW with the IWS (Integrated Warfighter System) gear would be pretty neat if not practical at all. Still, that would be awesome to play around with.
The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 11:18pm
If you guys remember in APG last year, it did have an article about using Heads Up Displays (HUD for short) and I wouldnt recommend it to anyone in gettin it, unless of course your a rich brat or like what someone mentioned "youre Bill Gates son" because, its extremely expensive.

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 2:49pm
Lol  yes well it'd be cool all the same.

I know paint guns aren't nearly accurate enough, but you'll always know the general direction that you're shooting at.
This calls for really great hip firing.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 7:57pm

Originally posted by aGUYnamedLARRY aGUYnamedLARRY wrote:

Lol  yes well it'd be cool all the same.

you'll always know the general direction that you're shooting at.

well personally i tend to know where my gun is pointed at all times... i duno about u but i tend to notice that...

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 10:01pm

^^

Same. I have a stock and I find that all I have to do is pull my gun to my shoulder and its kinda "self-aiming" (see special ops acticle on "self-aiming paintgun")

-98Custom
-Flatline
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 10:33pm
Yeah but see you would know EXACTLY  where you're  aiming.
I had a stock and I did notice  it "self aimed"  but my mask got in the way so I'm getting rid of it. 

But I'm not an idiot, I know where  my gun is pointed, I just think this would help  in certain situations.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 4:16am
It seems people forgot how to use their "own eyes" as an aiming device....
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2005 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Aiming?

I thought you just watch where the paint lands
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 12:23pm

^^^^

Lmao

-98Custom
-Flatline
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 9:18pm

That is a VERY good point.

It's another reason I hate 25 bps so much,  It's cheap.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

Aiming?

I thought you just watch where the paint lands

So? it works. Why do you think we have tracer rounds in the army? every fifth round glows bright orange on belt-fed weapons so we can see where it's going- sights tend to jump around when you fire full auto. It's really no different from watching your paintballs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic