Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new aimer thingy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
shadow ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 7:35pm

that takes all the fun out of it. next were gonna have somthin that pullsn the trigger when u blink.  too advanced

just point and shoot

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
98c
r/t
flatline
superfly bolt
mini drop
revvy w/xboard
rear cocking
trigger mods

aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 7:42pm
yeah^^  exactly what he said.
Play it the old fashioned way,  forget I said any of this lol
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
mcurrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcurrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 12:21am

The army was showing off a concept a while back that would allow a soldier to fire around corners without leaning out, it used some kind of video system.  I'm not sure if they scrapped the idea or not.

It sure would make for a long game of paintball if all you had for targets were hands and markers.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 1:04am
The Israli Army was playing with a concept weapon a while back for shooting around corners during urban clearing operations.  It used high capacity 9mm magazines and a video linkage.  The operator could stick the weapon around a corner and aim and fire without having to expose himself at all.  Here is some info on it for gee-whiz purposes.

MrRiblets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrRiblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 2:36pm
   You would get bunkered, and laughed at.
I wand to buy an ION

Second place in Young Gunz Tourny Div.3
Ambush paintball, surrey, bc, canada
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 6:09pm

i wonder how much it would cost lol just stick with the basics man

JustLooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustLooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 6:52pm
You need bedrest...   just SHOOT A PAITBALL youll know exactly where your aiming
04 Kapp Autococker
Planet eclipse E-Blade with Eyes
Sto Ram
Palmers Lpr
Delrin Bolt
Freak
Clamping feedneck
QEV's
CP Drop
Samuri Trigger
AKA Regulator
68/4500 WGP Adjustable Output Tank

sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:31am
Originally posted by mcurrens mcurrens wrote:

The army was showing off a concept a while back that would allow a soldier to fire around corners without leaning out, it used some kind of video system.  I'm not sure if they scrapped the idea or not.

It sure would make for a long game of paintball if all you had for targets were hands and markers.

ya, thats the Intagreted Warfighter System (or IWS) it wasnt just some cool gun from ghost recon, they actually made it and still do

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Mr.Shake56 Mr.Shake56 wrote:

i wonder how much it would cost lol just stick with the basics man

Pinhole camera- $19.95

3" LCD video screen- $49.95

Solder, 3' of wire & soldering iron- $9.99

Ability to look around corners- Priceless.

Seriously though this is possible to do.  The real limitation is the lack of range that most paintball guns have.  As for aiming your shots from a video screen, that is acomplished the same way a scope is.  Simply put the crosshairs on the video screen and adjust the camera until the paintballs land where the crosshairs are pointing.  While this sort of set up wouldn't be very usefull on a speedball field, it would be neat to have.  And would be a good project to demonstrate your ability to be creative, and not have to rely on others to tell you what is possible.  Go for it and tell me how it works out.  Expand your horizons and leave ignorance to others. 

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 9:25pm
i am going to be honest and say i do not like the idea...it would be a distraction in my opinion and might make you falsly aim somwhere if you jerked your gun somewhere
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 12:20am
it may just be my A.D.D. but that would distract and confuse me....
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 12:43pm
In general the act of aiming is to look at your target and determine where you want your shot to land.  In order to aim falsely, you would need to close your eyes, which of course negates the idea of aiming in the first place.  Besides, if you cannot see what you're shooting at, whay are you shooting at it.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:02pm
speedballers do it alot...
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

There's something like this in Apache Heloicopters. The cannon underneath the nose of the chopper is linked the the gunner's helmet; wherever he looks it points. It's prohitively expensive though.

The trouble with projecting a crosshair in your helmet is ensuring proper eye relief and eye positioning so that the angle isn't screwed up. a milimeter of alteral displacement of the eye compared to what the computer thinks it is could utterly screw up your aim with this system.

Simply put, it ain't gonna happen.

They have the same thing in the F-15's missles...
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

There's something like this in Apache Heloicopters. The cannon underneath the nose of the chopper is linked the the gunner's helmet; wherever he looks it points. It's prohitively expensive though.

The trouble with projecting a crosshair in your helmet is ensuring proper eye relief and eye positioning so that the angle isn't screwed up. a milimeter of alteral displacement of the eye compared to what the computer thinks it is could utterly screw up your aim with this system.

Simply put, it ain't gonna happen.

yea, the apache has this, my grandpa worked on it while at grumman, he also worked on the lunar project and the f-14 tomcat.....i wish i had gotten the genetic trait for being smart enough to be an electrical engineer lol

Doublecross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublecross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 1:41am
hell for the price of soemthing like that you could buy a gun that plays for you
98 tippy ebolt
j&j ceramic
68/46 crossfire
revolution

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 2:10am

lol, i can see it now, a gun with wheels and a motor, runnen around with motion cencors a swivel mount and shoots 20bps... and an optional energy shield for those sticky situations... comes with a remote control, or when your thumb gets tired, and automatic playing mode so it plays all by its self!

The rich dumbass gun by Smart Parts
COMING SOON TO STORES NEAR YOU!

Evanh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 8:50pm
Well that system is used on the apache helicopter(i work on it) yea in the way of coolness hells yea. MONEY NOOOOOOOO like over 60,000 is just for the little tv for your eye not to mentiont he trackers for the helmet and the computers and the sight and the hydraulics. Pay 30 bucks and get a laser lol. Or a spy cam and small video moniter like the new systems the army is trying to develope. Nifty idea though. just not money smart.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 3:48pm
this should go on the list with paintball bayonets, and paintball artillery, and heat seeking paintballs...
redraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:13pm

Another idea is you could use that camera and get adown-the-barrel view, not for aiming, but for getting some sweet in-game action shots...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic