Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shooting to fast???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XxTippyballeRxX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxTippyballeRxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shooting to fast???
    Posted: 30 October 2005 at 4:48pm
My 98 custom is shooting about 15+ bps. idk y but the balls are chopping like crazy!!! i can shoot really fast, and the balls are accurate for about the first 15 shots, but then they start breaking and curving off in different directions. anyone know whats wrong???
Tippmann 98 custom
14 inch cp barrel
12 v revy hopper
Pen spring trigger(lol)
3 stage expansion chamber
double trigger
phsycobalasitcs drop
rocket cock 2
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 4:59pm

"anyone know whats wrong???"

you're shooting too fast

Sent from a phone booth
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 5:53pm
Fifteen bps? I kinda doubt it's quite that fast.

Your hopper isn't feeding the paint fast enough, so the bolt will destroy a ball that is halfway into the breech.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 6:23pm

Unless you have an RT you didn't mention in your description, you aren't shooting 15 bps...

But a Revvy is really only reliable up to 10ish bps, so there is your problem.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 6:28pm

Do you have a response trigger in there? an e-bolt? anything like that?

Did you do any homemade modifications to it yourself? Did you take it apart and put the sear in wrong/forget it?

Theres a few things here that you should supply us with that'll help assess your situation.

jesus freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesus freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 7:06pm
Like reb and clark said you have to of had a firepower upgrade in order tobe shooting 15bps.  My e-gripped a-5 shoots that.  If you removed your sear that could be the problem. If you don't have your sear in your gun will go fpr the most part full auto at crazy speeds but it wears down the gun and is not safe.
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

"anyone know whats wrong???"

you're shooting too fast

i agree

your hopper is to slow if your getting the numbers you say you are.

i had to get a halo b cuz for some reason my egg was feeding to slow. no problems after that

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 8:32pm
Why do you need to shoot fast when it only takes one shot and there out???
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
goats_896 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goats_896 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 10:21pm
Get eyes and a good loader!  Assuming you have an electronic grip (15bps for stock????I assume you have some upgrade)
Zafira
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 1:31pm

Originally posted by XxTippyballeRxX XxTippyballeRxX wrote:

My 98 custom is shooting about 15+ bps. idk y but the balls are chopping like crazy!!! i can shoot really fast, and the balls are accurate for about the first 15 shots, but then they start breaking and curving off in different directions. anyone know whats wrong???

What mods have you made that allows you to shoot 15 bps? Then, how have you verified that you are shooting that fast? Also, your hopper is not up to the task of shooting that fast!

For the rest of the crowd here, a month or two ago there was an article in one of the paintball magazines of a test done with a pro team. None could sustain higher than 11 bps. Only 2 on the team could reqach 14 bps and even they could not sustain that for more than 1 second...WITH A TRUE SIMI-AUTO ONLY TRIGGER SETUP.

vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:13pm
as everyone else said, your hopper isnt feeding fast enough....and your bolt is chopping the paint, and the paint is curving after it starts chopping because when paint gets in the barrel....well your accuracy decreases about 250%(did the percent thing even make sense!?)
novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
paintballdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:44pm
 slow down man no need to hose down all the trees and miss your target
woodsball rulz trees stop bullets ballons don't      keep working millons on welfair depend on YOU!!!!
Pro_Carbine View Drop Down
Struck out with naughty language 2/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro_Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 9:19am
Originally posted by goats_896 goats_896 wrote:

Get eyes and a good loader!  Assuming you have an electronic grip (15bps for stock????I assume you have some upgrade)
I wanna see a pic of your gun ^^
98c
R/T
Eggy w/ Z-Board
Hpa Tank
Double Trigger
Drop Foward
12" Smart Parts Progresive
Team Morelli Company
"autococker with 40 inch hammerhead barrel mounted onto a flatline"-Lester98c LOL
fathead1616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fathead1616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 2:05pm

For the rest of the crowd here, a month or two ago there was an article in one of the paintball magazines of a test done with a pro team. None could sustain higher than 11 bps. Only 2 on the team could reqach 14 bps and even they could not sustain that for more than 1 second...WITH A TRUE SIMI-AUTO ONLY TRIGGER SETUP.

Back to Top View Bruce Aank's Profile Search for other posts by Bruce Aank Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Its called the ALMIGHTY WAS board.....lets them shoot 20-22 (with QEV)

Edited by fathead1616
A-5:
egrip with WAS board
QEV
Dead ON Front grip
14" JJ Ceramic/ flatline
JCS Egrip double trigger
Richocet Hopper
EriK6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EriK6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 9:28pm
Get a Halo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic