Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airsoft vs paintball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kittyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airsoft vs paintball
    Posted: 27 October 2005 at 8:05pm

i heard about this game called airsoft its like replica bb guns that shoot plastic bbs sounds cool. but what do u think and why

SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 8:06pm
Paintball>Airsoft. And search next time. There was a thread 'bout this a coule weeks ago (maybe a month).
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 8:36pm

theres no comparison, actual thrills(paintball)> no thrill (airsoft)

these answers will be biased, your at a paintball forum

kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 8:42pm
jeez search. even though your new
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 8:57pm
Paintball is way better!
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 9:50pm
Beg to differ, with the greater accuracy and range of airsoft the game is more of a hunt, good tactics, and combat skills game, than the point and hope howitzer arc, spray down the woodline game,total luck game, paintball has become.

I am totally into airsoft, sold off most of my paintball gear, and enjoy the thrill and skill of airsoft. Not the wallyworld guns, the good AEG's, I own a TM M16A1VN 400fps accurate to 70m, hits at 100m, a TOP M-60STD 380fps 600rpm, TM M-14 350fps, again accurate at 70m hits out past 100m, as compared to 20m paintball guns.

Walking point, knowing that somewhere out there is someont that can hit you from 100m, pumps a lot more adreniline than any 20m spray fest.
commie_killer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commie_killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:59pm
There's no way an airsoft gun will shoot 100m effectively.....they have an effective range of about 65 ft and they are extremely prone to the wind because of their weight....unless you play indoors or close quarters stick with paintball.
kittyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 11:10pm

i would rather airsoft than paintball even though i do love paintball also but no one airsofts out here and im not that rich paintball is cheap to get into but expensive in a long run and airsoft is vise- versa so ya i just stick to paintball cause everyone does it out hear and nobody i mean nobody airsofts and there is no airsoft stores.Airsoft is sweet cause of the mil-sim.

So if you wana get into paintball or airsoft and people airsoft where you live and you got 500 bucks go get a aeg and airsoft but if not be like me andjust paintball.

Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 11:14pm
what the hell did you just say?
smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 11:31pm
i have no idea
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 12:30am
Originally posted by commie_killer commie_killer wrote:

There's no way an airsoft gun will shoot 100m effectively.....they have an effective range of about 65 ft and they are extremely prone to the wind because of their weight

Before you make such grand pronouncements you should try researching the airsoft equipment that OS specifically mentioned in his post.
commie_killer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commie_killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 1:05am
I did, not to mention it's a simple matter of ballistics

Edited by commie_killer
P8ball3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ball3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 1:14am
Paintball is much better!!! Airsoft may have coll, realistic looking guns but way more people are into paintballing!
READ!!!
Gilaga_Demon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gilaga_Demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 1:44am

the reason i dont play airsoft is my dad and i dumped a few hudred into paintball equipment and didnt want to just give it up

we both like guns and were a little disapointed about the look of the paintball guns (until i joined the forum and got some sites like opsgear)

so we go to camps and just play campaigns and scenarios with our milsim guns

blue orchids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue orchids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 4:56am

i tried airsoft at my friends field, its alright, not that good though

airsoft- 7/10

paintballing- 10/10

a-5
14" progressive
68/5000 tank
empire tank cover
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 8:08am
70m is effective, can hit at 100m. Using heavier .25/.32/.43gr BB's at higher than stock (stock 280-310fps vs modified up to 400fps, sniper rifles can go up to 450fps) accuracy and range is greater than your average wallyworld cheapo plastic airsoft gun shooting .12's at 240fps. My M-14 set up as a XM-21 Sniping System with highair chamber, 200% spring, shooting 450fps with .43's will punch paper at 100m, 6in shot groups, and I have hit opponants out to 125-130m.

The accuracy increase from .20g to .25g is in itself considerable. Full Infantry rifles (M16A1/2 M-14 etc)shoot further and more accurate than carbines (M-4's)and SMG's (MP5's), simple balistics.

8mm airsoft guns shoot even further.

Price is right too, 3750 .25g BB's @$11.00, just recharge battery after eash use, and you are good to go for a day, instead of @$60.00 plus for 2000 paintballs and up to $5.00 per fill. And my M16A1 complete with factory mods costs less than many stock hi-end paintmuskets, and you do not need to add every after market add on to make you "competitive".

Until you actually play airsoft with people who know and expierience the total difference, you can not judge, I too was an airsoft doubter till I fired a real AEG M16 and memories returned and my eyes were opened. Now like I said I am sold on airsoft, and my paintball gear went on ebay.

Edited by oldsoldier
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 8:12am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

70m is effective, can hit at 100m. Using heavier .25/.32/.43gr BB's at higher than stock (stock 280-310fps vs modified up to 400fps, sniper rifles can go up to 450fps) accuracy and range is greater than your average wallyworld cheapo plastic airsoft gun shooting .12's at 240fps.

The accuracy increase from .20g to .25g is in itself considerable. Full Infantry rifles (M16A1/2 M-14 etc)shoot further and more accurate than carbines (M-4's)and SMG's (MP5's), simple balistics.

8mm airsoft guns shoot even further.

Price is right too, 3750 .25g BB's @$11.00, just recharge battery after eash use, and you are good to go for a day, instead of @$60.00 plus for 2000 paintballs and up to $5.00 per fill. And my M16A1 complete with factory mods costs less than many stock hi-end paintmuskets, and you do not need to add every after market add on to make you "competitive".

Until you actually play airsoft with people who know and expierience the total difference, you can not judge, I too was an airsoft doubter till I fired a real AEG M16 and memories returned and my eyes were opened. Now like I said I am sold on airsoft, and my paintball gear went on ebay.
i know what this guys talking about. they shoot a lot harder and further than people think they do. 65ft is the crap guns you get for cheap (50 and below)
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 11:18am
We played air soft back in the days I guess, but we called the guns BB-Guns.

Paintball > Airsoft.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 11:22am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

My M-14 set up as a XM-21 Sniping System with highair chamber, 200% spring, shooting 450fps with .43's will punch paper at 100m, 6in shot groups, and I have hit opponants out to 125-130m.
The kid with the WallyWorld equipment doesn't stand a chance against you and your God gun, Snipa.

spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 11:25am
Does airsoft hurt more or less when being hit?  And is it MORE of an honor system than paintball, since the airsoft leaves no mark (or does it)?  Just curious....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic