Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

speedball idea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: speedball idea
    Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:04pm

i was just thinking one day and thought like how hyperball uses tubing and stuff like that, so i was why not get like some plexi glass thick enough to stop paintballs.

the bunkers would be clear so you know where everyone is and i either think this would make the game move quicker or make it more strategic.

ne thoughts??

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:15pm
Someone already made this exact thread like 2 weeks ago.

In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:37pm

really?

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
fishsticks View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Better than a sharp stick in the eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishsticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:53pm
one of the fields i play at has a speedball field like that. The bunkers are made of pvc frames with netting wrapped around them. It is a really fun field to play on.

A gun is not a weapon... It's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or...uh, a...an alligator.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 1:02pm
sweet well i thought it was original, but oh well. can you see where everyone is at the field you go to fishsticks?
98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
fishsticks View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Better than a sharp stick in the eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishsticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:02pm
yes you can

A gun is not a weapon... It's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or...uh, a...an alligator.

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:57pm
its fairly old...but i think it would be fun to play a couple of times...it would never get huge tho
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:15pm
i think being able to see your opponent would actually kill the strategic value and not make it as fun. opinion though.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 12:21am

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

i think being able to see your opponent would actually kill the strategic value and not make it as fun. opinion though.

ya i gotta agree here, my favorite move in speedball even tho i hate it is to get one guy to shoot like mad at the guy shooten at u, and while ur covered run to the snake and take people out sneekily(dont think this is actually a word) when u get there, with netting and plexiglass that couldnt b done

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:44am

i kinda see it as, im not trying to get all smart here, but like you know where your opponent is but do you know where he will be next?

what if it was modified as to where half the field was plexi-glass and the other half would b like soild bunkers, like plywood? these would be spread out randomly through out the field.

now thinking about it. it would kinda kill the strategic value, but you would know when and where someone is shooting at you from, so it would some how increase your speed.

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 1:32pm
Hey it sounds awesome to me.

Make sure you don't play with any newbies though,  they'll sit in the back and "spray and pray"   cause they know where you are the whole time.  

I say  think of it as a game of chess.
In chess,  you can see all the opponents pieces  the whole time.
You just have to out manuever him.

This could really call for serious game planning before getting out on the field you know

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:10pm

your right it would

id like to see some of the pro teams play this way.

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 11:35pm
it would be interesting...
X
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 10:12pm
It would be very interesting. I think you may be on to something here. Ask your local field what they think.
The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 11:20pm

i did have a local feild/pro shop but they went out of business, but there is this feild close by to where it use to be that would probably cling to this idea big time. so ya ill go there when it gets warmer, in this frigid michigan weather.

could anyone help with the rules

here what i have so far,

1) speedball rules - get shot your out (obviously)

2) capture/center flag

3) shoot everyone out

there has to be some sort of difference like how x-ball is like speedball but it has its originalities.

any help?

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
dbldeodorant989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbldeodorant989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by bigomondis105 bigomondis105 wrote:

i did have a local feild/pro shop but they went out of business, but there is this feild close by to where it use to be that would probably cling to this idea big time. so ya ill go there when it gets warmer, in this frigid michigan weather.

where in michigan do u live? Im from around huron county.

County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote County Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 9:36am
Clear bunkers would just lead to a lot of "blind firing". Since people can see through, they don't have to stick their heads out to see where people are. They'd just hold their gun over the top and fire.

Would turn into a very boring game in my opinion. It would also lead to less movement. Most people move when the other team is tucked in and can't see them break. That would never happen with clear bunkers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 1:10pm
this guy ^^^ has got a great point

But think of it this way,   if you've got the right guys out there,  ya know the guys who've been playing a while,   the honorable type of guy who will work as a team,  who will move up the field,  the aggressive type  then  you'd be ok.  If you have NOOBS  on the other hand,  then  yes,  you'll have LOTS of blind firing  and practicaly no movement.

It's a good idea,  you just have  to get the right people to play it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 4:38pm
any ideas on how to improve this idea?
98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 4:56pm
Maybe if you have one plexi glass shield at one end of the field. One person could stand behind it to distract/sacrifice himself for his players to move around and get theire opponents. Once the opposite team is shooting at the guy behind the plexi, everyone else on the team is able to see where the shots are coming from and able to move and hit them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic