Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I was sucked in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Vladimir Lenin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Lenin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I was sucked in
    Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:35am
I was sucked in by that damn flatline...  I saw an add on Ebay ( a really good bye if you ask me ) which my signiture is the main picture of everything that came with my package. it came to a grand total of $292.83 for the gun, flatline, a truflight barrel, 2 9oz CO2 tanks, a 12oz tank, R/T, and double trigger kit. I was so happy the flatline sucks though... and the truflight is 21" long so it sucks two, but is better than the damn flatline... I need some help on a new barrel kit and i'm really tired of wasting money on a bunch of useless things...

Thats my package.
Thank you EBAY
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:00pm

ya that 21 inch barrel is killing your distance, due to drag.

ebay isnt the most reliable, my friend bought an autococker off ebay it worked for like 15 minutes and hasnt worked since even after he got $500 worth of upgrades done to it.

http://www.888paintball.com/Shop/Control/MainMenu/fp/order/a sc/scat/38360/order_by/sell_price/sfv/30842/page/2/SFV/30842 /order/asc/order_by/sell_price

i hear j&j are good barrels, there are some on this page

hope i helped ne

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
Pro_Carbine View Drop Down
Struck out with naughty language 2/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro_Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:13pm
You are probably stupid. You have to kinda tune the flatline
98c
R/T
Eggy w/ Z-Board
Hpa Tank
Double Trigger
Drop Foward
12" Smart Parts Progresive
Team Morelli Company
"autococker with 40 inch hammerhead barrel mounted onto a flatline"-Lester98c LOL
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:22pm
Yeah,  what are the problems you're having with the flatline?
Cause if you don't have it set in right then  it would cause big problems:
EXTREME  inaccuracy  and lots of ball breakage.

And do you have the adapter piece  all the way in?
With mine I have to unscrew the 2 front screws and THEN put in the adapter piece.  Once that's in ALL THE WAY (you have to turn it pretty hard)  then it should be fine.  I've seen alot of people who only screw in the adapter halfway.  The little notch  at the end of the barrel should line up with the front sight.  If it's even just a little bit off then you'll have paint curving way  to one side. 

21"  is just for show.  Like everyone else says  lol
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
Vladimir Lenin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Lenin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 3:15pm
You have all been alot of help, but I will let you know that I have turned the velocity to every volume, I have twisted, pulled, and lossened that flatline to hell and still the balls have a mind of their own. No wind/some wind does not matter When I shoot they go straight then make mad curves to no where and the thing is soooo inaccurate. I mean what point is farther distance if it would not hit a elephant at 250ft away...

Thats my package.
Thank you EBAY
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 3:29pm

Take a look at the inside of the Flatline. Tell use what it looks like, don't be afraid to use lots of detail. The interior surface may need refinishing.

The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 4:16pm

^^Yup. This happens every so often to the Flatty. If this is your problem, then I believe Tippmann will re-finish it for you free.

MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Rare-Faction View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rare-Faction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 4:30pm
What kind of paint are you using? How old is it? Use a smaller-bone, high quality paint and you should do fine

I recommend either Blaze or Evil, depending on your budget

Central Ohio Pirates

My Band, Lolligag
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 5:03pm
also, you need to make sure you paint is ok. cheap paint will result in poor results. you want the pballs to roll through, unlike more barrels where you want it to get stuck.

make sure the barrel is clean too. i will suggest to take the shroud off and litterially boil the barrel for 5-10 minutes, this will ensure that its perfectly clean. let it dry, you can aid this with clean paper towel's

once its clean, and you have the proper paint bore size, then you should try to make sure the flatline is tuned somewhere from 255-275 fps give or take. also the flatline is a consistancy hog. the more consistant your maker is, the better the flatline will be.

hope you get it working. its a great barrel and does exactly what it claims it can for alot of people who can follow those guidlines.
www.pbteamwow.com
amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if Iíd have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:32pm

The flatline is not the problem. Unless you got it used.

1) velocity

2) cheap paint

3) co2 stinks!!!!! Get a compressed air tank. Co2 makes the gun very  inaccurate.

Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
tightness79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tightness79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by amishman89 amishman89 wrote:

1) velocity

2) cheap paint

3) co2 stinks!!!!! Get a compressed air tank. Co2 makes the gun very  inaccurate.

Co2 does not make the gun inaccurate!! It effects the velocity,not the accuracy. Co2 is not going to make your balls curve, lol, anyway, i say you go and buy a nice barrel kit.

Ans GX-3
Dye ultra light
E2
JAckhammer LPR
ANS gen-x 2 reg
eclipse QEV's
nexus ram
Egg 2
68/3000 carbon fiber tank
Uni-mount
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:27pm

I'll take the Flatty off of your hands for you if you'd like!

Paintball4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintball4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:34pm
Not if I get it first! :D Probally wouldn't buy it unless it is real cheap, because it might be defective :P 
TippmanHotshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:45pm
First thing's first. Get compressed air and a good regulator. Then, when you have enough money, buy the Freak Kit with the stainless inserts.
Overshooting,
America's greatest pastime.
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:55pm

1) velocity

2) cheap paint

wow. Just wow. So a used flatline is automatically the problem? Don't think so. Only if it's been heavily used, it might need to be re-finished

And CO2 isn't unaccurate. It will affect the velocity, but won't affect accuracy. With my anti-siphoned CO2 tank and Palmers stabalizer, I'm shooting darts.

And although  HPA tank and regulator and freak are nice, they aren't needed nearly as much as a decent performing barrel.

Buy either a J&J barrel, or a Lapco Bigshot. Those are the 2 most recommended barrels on the forum, mostly becuase they provide good performance at relativly cheap prices.

Edited by Sargent Duck
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by tightness79 tightness79 wrote:

1) velocity

2) cheap paint

Co2 does not make the gun inaccurate!! It effects the velocity,not the accuracy. Co2 is not going to make your balls curve, lol, anyway, i say you go and buy a nice barrel kit.

Wrong. Consistantcy helps accuracy. If you're shooting 275 every shot, its going to be more accurate then if you're shooting 275, 240, 300.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

Originally posted by tightness79 tightness79 wrote:

1) velocity

2) cheap paint

Wrong. Consistantcy helps accuracy. If you're shooting 275 every shot, its going to be more accurate then if you're shooting 275, 240, 300.
Pwned.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 9:03pm
I try my best
commie_killer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commie_killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 12:04am
With the palmers and co2 it will be more like 285 +/- 5.  so many people waste money switching to nitro thinking they will shoot so much more accurately.  A good barrel should be first on your upgrade list.....if you want to waste money on something that won't make much of a difference go with nitro.
Attila View Drop Down
2 language strike, 1/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Attila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 12:12am

<<I said a bad word and got a strike>>

Edited by Reb Cpl
Hey! Are Those My BALLS On Your FACE?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic