FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I was sucked in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
FalloutMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PRESIDENT: Tom Kaye Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalloutMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 12:43am
If you are going to get a barrel just get a big shot, and you will be all set.

Despite what everyone tells you barrel kits ESPECIALLY freak sets are a waste of money, plain and simple, I have used plenty of barrels and barrel kits in my time, and the best barrel I ever had was a 12 inch original boomstick for my really really old automag, with the next best being my 16" 692 bore newer style ultralight.

If someone really wants me to explain why a barrel kit is a waste, feel free to ask (don't expect me to answer within 5 seconds of your post, or at all if I forget I even posted here tomorrow), but do NOT try to argue this with me, I have no intent in wasting my time arguing subjects with people who come in to the argument close minded, and I have made my points clear and concise on many subjects in the past MANY MANY MANY times, and every time it results in the otherside resorting to petty insults.
"They were convicted in federal court of pennsylvania for a telemarketing scam involving invention and patent fraud."
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 1:23am

^^^why????? barrel kit????

A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:42am
not everybody has trouble with their flatlines. i am convinced that if you didn't like you flatline for any season other then you think its too loud, too long or too fat, then you just didn't understand how to use it. a properly tuned flatline will work exactly like tippmann says it will. strait and long flat shots.

Mine preforms flawlessly as long as i make sure everythings right...paint, FPS, clean

so don't talk about the flaltine as if the barrel its self is the reason for your failure with it.

its user error, not the bad barrel design.
www.pbteamwow.com
Vladimir Lenin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Lenin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 11:25am
Well let me fill in some details now so I can get the most recommended help for this problem. I do agree that the gun barrell can be helped or else it would be false advertisement and a big waste of money. I got everything I own on ebay for less than $300 that is the gun, stock, flatline, and crappy 21" true flight barrell. I also got a responsive trigger a reg. hopper and I got a dropforward. 3 co2 tanks(2x 9oz and a 12oz). The gun was in great condition when I got it and everything looked fine, I mean i would not of even bought from this guy if he had not had 3000+ positive feedback and no negative. So yes everything is used and when it comes to paintball im an Elite in training on Halo2 and struggling. If you catch my drift I'm a total noob...

Thats my package.
Thank you EBAY
Beavis View Drop Down
Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by tightness79 tightness79 wrote:

Co2 does not make the gun inaccurate!! It effects the velocity,not the accuracy. Co2 is not going to make your balls curve, lol, anyway, i say you go and buy a nice barrel kit.

shut yer hole ya dik. it will make it inacuret

please disregard all of my pantaloons.
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 4:19pm
what bevis is trying to say, although hes acting like a butthead (he he)
is that Co2 will make you gun less accurate. and thats true.

if something effecting the velosity, its going to change the accuracy. when you can hit the paintball with the same exact velosity each time, then you would know what the paintball is going to do. Co2 cannot deliver the consistant velosity, so what happens is you hit the paintball with 285 fps, then 290 fps, then 260 fps then 305 fps. with each higher or lower shot, the paintball will do something different, making it harder to aim and hit something.
www.pbteamwow.com
Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
^^^ Just got his fantasy fulfilled ^^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 5:05pm
I have a Flatline on my 98 that I run with Co2 and it works flawlessly. I think the diagnosis is the moron behind the system.
1) You have to use good paint that is the RIGHT SIZE. What paint are you using?
2) You have to make sure the Flatline is straight and like up the little notch toward the end of the barrel with the sight on the Flatline shroud.
3) You have to break the barrel in.
I had a problem similar to yours when I got mine. 1 out of 50 shots would break, and after it broke, all the balls either came out cork-screwing, or broke. If the inside of the barrel is rough and very gritty (or very smooth), that is your problem. The inside of your barrel should feel like 300-400 grit sandpaper.
Keep trying it. Give it time. Break it in.

The Evil Thong Girl had something called "Motion Lotion"...it tasted pretty good, I ate the entire contents of the bottle thingy..-Hell's Oracle
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Pro_Carbine Pro_Carbine wrote:

You are probably stupid. You have to kinda tune the flatline
This kind of response should get you banned from the forum.
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Devil2 Devil2 wrote:

I have a Flatline on my 98 that I run with Co2 and it works flawlessly. I think the diagnosis is the moron behind the system.
1) You have to use good paint that is the RIGHT SIZE. What paint are you using?
2) You have to make sure the Flatline is straight and like up the little notch toward the end of the barrel with the sight on the Flatline shroud.
3) You have to break the barrel in.
I had a problem similar to yours when I got mine. 1 out of 50 shots would break, and after it broke, all the balls either came out cork-screwing, or broke. If the inside of the barrel is rough and very gritty (or very smooth), that is your problem. The inside of your barrel should feel like 300-400 grit sandpaper.
Keep trying it. Give it time. Break it in.
What he said^^^.  Anyone suggesting it has to "fine tuned" has never installed one.  you install it once, correctly, follow the advice above and it will be fine.  I would not trade my Flatline for any other barrel.
Xs.

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalloutMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 6:58pm
there is no difference in regards to CO2 and CA in regards to accuracy. You guys are comparing apples and oranges when you say they do, CO2 when run through a regulated system is just as consistant. Problem is, every CO2 tank I know of does not have a regulator on it, where as every compressed air tank does, on top of the one that most guns outside of introductory guns have one or even two (or a dozen if your doc nickle) more regulators on top of them.
"They were convicted in federal court of pennsylvania for a telemarketing scam involving invention and patent fraud."
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Xspyderman Xspyderman wrote:

What he said^^^.  Anyone suggesting it has to "fine tuned" has never installed one.  you install it once, correctly, follow the advice above and it will be fine.  I would not trade my Flatline for any other barrel.

we know that the 98 flatline is installed and left alone.
but the A-5 flatline comes off easily and does require additional play to get it just right. but tunning it we mean with velosity, temp goes up, velosity can go up, maybe to high, then you need to tune it back down. things like that. so yes, there is "tunning" that goes on with the flatlines.

Originally posted by FalloutMan FalloutMan wrote:

there is no difference in regards to CO2 and CA in regards to accuracy. You guys are comparing apples and oranges when you say they do, CO2 when run through a regulated system is just as consistant. Problem is, every CO2 tank I know of does not have a regulator on it, where as every compressed air tank does, on top of the one that most guns outside of introductory guns have one or even two (or a dozen if your doc nickle) more regulators on top of them.

yes, of course there no reg on your standard Co2 tank. i was reffering to at unregulated system using Co2. Raw Co2 does effect your consistancy and thus your accuracy.

i use Co2 on my A-5, and with a Palmer and a remote, i am as consistant as HPA. so yes, if you regulate it, theres no difference. but its not the Co2 thats causing it to be consistant, its the regulator.
www.pbteamwow.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalloutMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 8:47pm
and try using unregulated compressed air and then make that same point, like I said apples an oranges. You can get a CO2 tank and a quality regulator for less than or about the same price for a good sized CA tank, and in a lot of areas still, there is CO2 as the only option.
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:11pm
ok, i see what you mean.

i was going with the point that you don't get a compressed air tank without the regulator, its pretty much standard.

but like you said, the Co2 tanks do not come with regulators, so thats standard.

i was talking about standards with the tanks. i see what you were getting at and i agree then.
www.pbteamwow.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalloutMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:06pm
They are both valid points, what I was trying to say basically is that CO2 is only more inconsistant than CA standalone is because they are two completely different beasts, and when you put them on the same table, depending on your situation, on may come out on top or the other on which is best for the user. I was directing my reponses towards the crowd saying CO2 is inaccurate without any regards to circumstantial evidence, etc.

In regards to barrel kits... from an economic stand point, spending double the price for the same quality barrel simply makes no sense for the benefits you MIGHT get from having a bunch of inserts or whatever. The reason for this is the difference between a properly matched bore, and one that is slightly larger (not the largest one possible and then some a reasonable bore like 692 is fine) is barely noticeable in regards to accuracy, the human body is a much great mitigating factor in accuracy than something as small as that.

The other BIG issue with barrel kits is the quality of paint. one paintball to the next, even in the same bag, even if each one was handled like it was a billion dollar ball, will be a different size, will have different characteristics, and in general tends to be garbage no matter what. That being said the chances are you match up a ball, and the next one you shoot will be smaller than the previous one, the next one will be bigger, etc. and when you have such a match and you do get those ones that are too big, increasing in breakage will happen, which there goes any hint of accuracy when you get a ball break. The only solution to preventing that is to go up a step or two in the barrels size which is basically the same size as the one I ended up suggesting anyway.

My experience on this matter also confirms my belief in this. I owned a freak kit for 3 or 4 years now, and after about a year it sat in its box until I sold it. It was terrible compared to the two dye barrels I have owned in my time.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:10pm
The only paintballs that are a perfect circle of .689 is "Perfect Circle" paintball, design by Tom Kaye.
But Im sure FalloutMan knew that.

Barrels aren't needed. Get a good barrel (Dye ultralight for one) with a larger bore size, and get the proper paintballs to match that bore.
neocool00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neocool00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 12:40pm
http://www.paintballzone.com/sniper_flatline_myth.htm

Flatline instructions at the bottom of the page.

If you don't want/like the Flatline, sell it on E-bay. I sold mine for about $75 and bought a 14" J&J Ceramic for $30 off of ActionVillage.com. I bought my 98 & Flatline so that I could shoot people from out of range, but once I used it a couple of times, I realized that was not how I like to play. Also, in the woods where I play there are not many places where you can get long shots off because of the number of trees.

My advice would be to try and see if you can get it working properly and try it out for a couple of games, then decide if it fits your playing style or not. For the price of the entire package, I think you got a good deal.

Edited by neocool00
Tippmann 98 Custom
14" J&J Ceramic
Q-Loader
Lapco Direct Feedneck
Dye Sticky Grips
20oz w/ on/off valve
coiled remote line
JT Spectra 260 Thermals
JT Tatical Gloves
Olive Green Flight Suit
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 2:38pm
14" St!ffi barrel Pwns! 

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Millslane Millslane wrote:

Originally posted by Xspyderman Xspyderman wrote:

we know that the 98 flatline is installed and left alone.
but the A-5 flatline comes off easily and does require additional play to get it just right. but tunning it we mean with velosity, temp goes up, velosity can go up, maybe to high, then you need to tune it back down. things like that. so yes, there is "tunning" that goes on with the flatlines.

That would be fine tuning the marker, not the barrel...
Xs.

Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 5:51pm
well, if you want to get specific. then yes. but the only reason we have to fine tune the marker is for the barrel.

it doesn't matter. theres tunning involved with the Flatlines, nothing major or diffucult. but its needed. its not a plug and play barrel.

lets not get technical over this
www.pbteamwow.com
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 12:43am
There is a sticky (or at least their used to be) in one of the other forums (upgrades and customizing maybe) that had quite a bit of useful flatline information in it.  I would recommend checking it out before you make a final decision on the dispostion of your flatline.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic