FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I was sucked in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 2:03pm

Now that is a well-thought out post! Nicely done!

Edited by hwayhzrd
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 7:34pm
well said mack, well said. i can't find anything that i don't agree with. as a A-5 flatline owner, it seems to me that you can apply the same steps as the 98 flatline. only, its not as hard to install correctly.
www.pbteamwow.com
Vladimir Lenin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladimir Lenin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 11:13am
Ok... Ok.... I finall did it. I cleanded the darn barell and OMFG... The thing was so dirty I about puked (in the means of barells), I really do not know how balls were coming through it at all. I completely cleaned it got a more expensive type of paintball (Premium Paintball) and with the clean barrell and new balls I got the thing shooting flys off elephants backs... So I think that this is a new beginning for me and this baurelle.

Thats my package.
Thank you EBAY
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 1:13pm

And another true convert joins the Brotherhood.

I have had great success with a wide range of paint, especially Draxxus Inferno.

There are lots of myths about the Flatline, as you have seen, and the vast majority can be solved by research, patience, and some trial and error.

Glad it's working for you now!

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 2:03pm
That's the problem.....everytime someone doesn't like the barrel all they get is a bunch of people giving the same old tips that I have read and done, trust me.

I have been a member of this site and the A5OG long enough to go through more threads about "tuning" the FL than I would care to guess.

I know it needs small-bored, smooth paint...that's why I used the smaller RPS/PMI stuff. All-Stars and Marbs mainly, but I also shot some Diablo/Draxxus stuff and some ProBall I got for cheap. I know it needs to be cleaned thoroughly, I understand it needs to be adjusted along a range of velocities(250-280), I gave it a fair chance. That's why I was so frustrated.

My problem is not with balls breaking! I even have an RT and I've never once complained that the Flatline breaks balls! My complaint is it is not nearly as accurate as quality standard barrels, even at longer ranges. Along with a few other quirks that make it a royal pain to play with.

I have no bones against Tippmann and no reason to sway people away from buying a Flatline....other than the fact I bought the barrel with my own cash, gave it it's fair shake, and in my final unbiased opinion it sucks as a paintball barrel for 90% of players, and there are better options for less than half the price!

I love Tippmann and would love nothing more than to say I was 100% satisfied with my Flatline, but I can't. I can say it did do what is advertised, it shot farther and flatter than anything out at the time that wasn't another Flatline.

My problem is not with false advertisement, because it lives up to the claim of shooting paintballs farther and flatter. My problem is with what ISN'T said! My problem is with the fact that no one except me seems to actually give an entirely unbiased review...you all seem to be Flatline Fanboys on one level or another, incapable of admitting to it's downsides...or maybe you just haven't played with them enough to start noticing like I did.

For the record, my major issues with the A5 Flatline were:

-made gun front-heavy and bulky....makes barrel shots exponentially more likely and unbalanced runnning remote w/o stock
-can't fire gun in "canted"/tilted position with any sort of accuracy
-must be kept religiously clean, and cleaning it is a pain
-picky on paint
-picky on weather....humid much where you live?
-picky on velocity

And after all that, it just isn't that accurate even when at it's peak of performance...certainly nowhere near as accurate as a quality standard barrel like a LAPCO or Custom Products at any range.

I can't stress enough that I am extremely happy with the accuracy of my all my setups using other barrels, the only factor that is changed is the switching to the Flatline, and accuracy is nowhere near as good, ever. I use my LAPCOs or SP or even my polished stock M98C barrel and I am more happy with the accuracy at all ranges than with the Flatline.

I just want to let my experience be known so that hopefully any potential Flatline buyer can see the perspective from both sides, because we all know that there's dozens of people that are willing to state how great they think theirs is. I'm just giving my opinion as someone that paid his money, given the barrel it's fair chance, and wants to let his experience be known.

The barrel definitely has flaws that a lot of people fail to mention.

Edited by Zesty
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 2:27pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

[lots of Flatline info]

Holy spectacular post, Batman!

Nicely done.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 1:16pm
I don't know, smells a lot like regurgitation(?) to me.
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic