FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You know what would rock???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know what would rock???
    Posted: 25 October 2005 at 4:15am
Vectorized computer displays. That way, you could download a small video file, blow it up to full screen, and still keep it at awesome quality....
blandpart2 View Drop Down
A breath away from a guesting...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blandpart2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:57am
Good thing you explained what it would do, otherwise I would have no clue what you meant!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:04am
Originally posted by blandpart2 blandpart2 wrote:

Good thing you explained what it would do, otherwise I would have no clue what you meant!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:19am
Ok, jpegs images are created using pixels. Tiny squares. When the image is inflated, it becomes "pixelated" since the squares expand too, becoming more visible.

Vector based images dont use jagged boxes, but mathmaticly created lines and curves to create the image, that at no matter what size, will re-calculate and create the same image, at any size. Think of a circle.

If you created a pixel circle, and inflated it, it would get blocky. A vector based circle would keep the same smooth quality no matter what.

If this were to happen with a small movie file, when you put it to full screen on your computer, it wouldnt lose any quality, simple re-create the images using smooth lines instead of blocks.

Get it?
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:46am
That'd be tight!

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:09am
good idea, submit it to dell.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:45am
Wouldnt that file be kinda large and take the puter a while to figure out how to display it?

Either that or it would be smaller....Oh crap, now Im confused.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:47am
interesting. if its so much better. why dont we see more of it!?
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 9:47am
im thinking the file size would be much larger... if you did it with a movie it may be laggy...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:25am
mmmm....interesting.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:37am
File size wouldn't necessarily change, but everything else would. Monitors, video cards, drivers, possibly even the kernals of most OSes.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:13pm
Just use a larger parent format...

Like you can do with wet process film!

Ever see a camera with a taller than normal body? Thats because it doesnt take your standard 9mm film. It takes a larger taller wider film cell per shot. It also absorbs more light so you get more detail. One shot with this film might take a couple seconds longer. But, i could blow the picture up and stick a big picture of my smiling face on the side of choops house, sans pixilation, or that grainy look for the wet process guys out there.(i dont think there are any )
Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:25pm
Ummm... vector graphics is essentially having every part of the image drawn as vectors. As such, when you zoom in, the image is simply redrawn at the higher zoom. Flash for example, as you can always zoom in on flash animations with no loss in quality.

In any event, as 'sweet' as it would be, good luck finding a way to convert images into vectors without any loss in quality. Also, taken from a low quality source, you can't exactly create detail that wasn't captured from the source in the first place. As such, I figure said converter would have to do some guess work aswell.

"Don't you hate pants?"
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:27pm
Boy, this all sounds like alot of work and money just to get those downloaded p0rn clips bigger...

FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:27pm

The media needs to be vector based, not the hardware.  Hardware could "smooth" the media (movie, picture, etc.) to some extent, but it could not increase the detail of the media itself.  Additionally, vector based media can be, and usually is much larger in filesize...

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Boy, this all sounds like alot of work and money just to get those downloaded p0rn clips bigger...
Are you suggesting it wouldn't be worth it to achieve that goal?
Mitchthesniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitchthesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:03pm
mmm...ok
I shall not flag or fail. I shall go on to the end. I shall defend my island whatever the cost may be. I shall fight in the hills and in the streets. I shall never surrender.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

The media needs to be vector based, not the hardware. Hardware could "smooth" the media (movie, picture, etc.) to some extent, but it could not increase the detail of the media itself. Additionally, vector based media can be, and usually is much larger in filesize...

Exactly, it would have to be encoded as vectors, not just converted to vectors. And yeah, it would take alot of work, but it would be cool to see.

If they can make a wooden mirror I think they could put some time into this.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:54pm
Yeah, that would be sweet.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 4:13pm
that wooden mirror is awesome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic