FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inside the C3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:16pm

why does it have a battery in it

model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by kuhndog599 kuhndog599 wrote:

why does it have a battery in it

To provide electricity for the ignition of the propane.

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:43pm

Enos, how does it "meter" the amount of Propane for the next shot? how long can you leave it cocked with a gas charge in it and it still fire? this would have to be affected by ball-barrel match, unless the propane charge does not contact the ball until fired. is that little wire thing the detent?? dang i would like one of these things but as stated earlier $230 is alot for something to play arround with! thanks for the pics and description, get that vid up!!!!

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by tigman250 tigman250 wrote:

Enos, how does it "meter" the amount of Propane for the next shot? how long can you leave it cocked with a gas charge in it and it still fire? this would have to be affected by ball-barrel match, unless the propane charge does not contact the ball until fired. is that little wire thing the detent?? dang i would like one of these things but as stated earlier $230 is alot for something to play arround with! thanks for the pics and description, get that vid up!!!!

Its pretty clever. The propane is regulated, then it goes into the little brass valve under the barrel. When you pump it, the valve opens the gas source and closes off the LP hose to the back of the gun. Then when you pump back and the valve closes, the volume of propane inside the brass valve is all that is used for the shot. As you pump back forward the big plunger mixes the propane and air.

Its not in contact with the ball at all. Theres a piston in the rear with a big huge spring that gets forced back by the combustion, and exposes the port to the bolt.

Heres a pic of the actual guts of the thing:

Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:25pm
Its not gona be 230 guys...

theres a pre order on canadianpaintball.com for 239 cad. to put that in prespective an a-5 is 280, and a 98c is about 180-190 canadian
dmp4892 View Drop Down
Goodbye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:28pm
Nice thread, maybe the thread to end all C3 threads.
I'm seriously considering picking up one of these if I have any money left over from my Prostock purchase.

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:29pm
so lets see if i am getting this, the propane is metered by how much will fit between the 2 spools on the brass valve, then when you pump ahead it is channeled in front of the piston with 2 o-rings wich pushes it through the black thingy wich mixes the gas with air? pretty simple really. thanks again Enos
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Teh_Ninja Teh_Ninja wrote:

Its not gona be 230 guys...

theres a pre order on canadianpaintball.com for 239 cad. to put that in
prespective an a-5 is 280, and a 98c is about 180-190 canadian

But with canadian paintball you will have to wait 500 years before you get it
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

joetheman89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joetheman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:26pm
one question, what if you have a break, how do you take the barrel out to clean it? it looks like it is locked in, if u know wat i mean

Edited by joetheman89
98 Custom
Armson Stealth 13"
Flatline
GTA Expansion Chamber
GTA Double Trigger
Ben Tippmann Sealed Bolt
Lapco Drop
APP Sling
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 9:53pm
Enos, you da man. The pics explained it well. It is a beast. It looks huge cause of the combustion chamber.
The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:09pm

Bump

..I'm waiting on the arrival of mine as we speak.

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Bump

..I'm waiting on the arrival of mine as we speak.

The FBI will happen to monitor you package and think that it is a threat to national security.

/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 7:57am
If it doesnt show up, I WILL be a threat to national security.

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by jrod1321 jrod1321 wrote:

wait its made out of aluminum! doesnt aluminum produce a toxic gas when heated too high or burned...i thought thats why they dont make tanks out of the stuff

Aluminum, toxic gas!!!??? I don't think so. Hmmm, let's see, watch out for that frying pan coated with Teflon. Oops, never mind, by the time the aluminum gets hot enough produce any kind of gas, the toxic fumes from the Teflon coating will have killed you!

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 3:10pm

Enos,

Would the velocity be "souped up" if you substituted MAP in place of the standard propane? Experimenters want to know!

Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by joetheman89 joetheman89 wrote:

one question, what if you have a break, how do you take the barrel out to clean it? it looks like it is locked in, if u know wat i mean
Look at the 3rd picture
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Enos,

Would the velocity be "souped up" if you substituted MAP in place of the standard propane? Experimenters want to know!

lol - Toolman Tim is on the loose.    :)

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Enos,

that wouldn't be a good idea because the volume that the valve allows in is set for propane, use any other type of flamable gas and you would be asking for trouble!

BTW, Aluminum dosen't emit any toxic fumes when heated, i weld it every day and there is nothing wrong with me! /head twitches

jh1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jh1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 12:26am
isnt MAP like not clean burning
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 4:09am
Originally posted by joetheman89 joetheman89 wrote:

You use a stick squeegee. I always liked them better anyway. The C3 comes with a straight shot stick squeegee instead of the little cheese cable squeegee that Tippmanns always used to come with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic