FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inside the C3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Kpoofs Kpoofs wrote:

Waitaminute...

the C-3 is electronic?!?!?1

It's a fricken pump.
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 11:58pm

Originally posted by Whazuuup! Whazuuup! wrote:

Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

I believe the combustion fires a piston, which in turn pushes the ball.  I could be wrong.  Do a search, there has been a lengthy discussion and educational session on the workings of the C3.

Uhh, actually it's right in Enos' article there...

Man that thing is a beast!
I want to at least shoot it some time though, to see what it's like.
That's sweet that you got one early. Never sell it!

Oops..Dumb as me!!!

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:05am
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Originally posted by Kpoofs Kpoofs wrote:

Waitaminute...

the C-3 is electronic?!?!?1

It's a fricken pump.

heh heh... Children.

Ask yourself, How does a Car Start?  dur-dur-dur!  SPARK PLUGS.

Thats basically why the C3 has Electronics, to kind of.... "Ignite" the Energy that will be needed to propell the paintball.

I'm really suprised Tippmann didn't do this Earlier. The Design of this marker is pretty basic, and a 16.4oz Propane tank weighs about the same weight as 9oz. C02 tank except you get 10,000x more shots.

Edited by Panda Man
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:24am
My little to do list:

The pump is LOUD. Since the pump handle is hollow, it makes a really loud CLACK sound when you pump. Gonna look into filling it with foam or something.

The link from the pump handle to the bolt is a little loose, and it rattles and makes noise. Gonna see if I can work out a way to silence it.

Yes, it is electronic. My first electro gun is a pump. Take that, speedballer kids.
Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:09am
Do you think propane has potential to be the new nitro? how long do you think till the semi version?
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:16am
@ Enos

I'm hoping to get mine soon. I'm trying to sell my Impulse and a few other things(X-box, etc..) to get some cash together soon.  I think I'm done with Speedball, I played Sunday and it was the worst time I've ever went paintballing before, and I've had my fair share of bad days... I'm hoping to go back to my Roots(woodsball(things so much simpler back then, heh.. when 250 paintballs would last me for hours))

Hopefully I'll have a good enough time with a C3 I wont wan't to go back to a Semi.

Edited by Panda Man
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:56am

I want one just to tinker with....

But 230 for a tinker toy isnt worth it for me, I dont make that much income.

Enos, is SHI going to make mods/upgrades for this thing?

Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:25am
Hey there,

New C-3 came yesterday

Before it left the box it got the nickname of Zippo. Comments were bantered about, wondering if we could hook it up to our Grill tank and shoot it all year, or if it would work on MAPP Gas (it does but it's dirty).

Went out to the shop and took the tank off of my torch and filled it with paint and took it outside.

1. LOUD
2. Works Nice
3. Velocity wandered from 275-375, Not happy about this!
4. Smells like propane grill.
5. Shoots better groups than the stock A-5

Fun toy to tinker with but I'd rather shoot my Custom Pro

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:53am
You have purdy hands.....

But seriously, my buying one now depends on the parts you can make for it.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
MuRdoc18 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
aka ALWAYSRIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuRdoc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:07pm

Is 230 the msrp or what, thats pretty expensive for a pump with a plastic barrel...

Member of Forumer Against Most Forumers.
maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Thompsonshooter Thompsonshooter wrote:

3. Velocity wandered from 275-375
5. Shoots better groups than the stock A-5

???
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
dmp4892 View Drop Down
Goodbye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 3:02pm
Quote I want one just to tinker with....

But 230 for a tinker toy isnt worth it for me

PB MISFIT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Salty Marshmellow Man #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB MISFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 3:39pm
I hope you broke it when you took it apart.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 3:49pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Yes, it is electronic. My first electro gun is a pump. Take that, speedballer kids.

ROFL

pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 3:56pm
lol nice gun Enos i might be intrusted in getting one , nice 98 too.
seargeantjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seargeantjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 4:08pm
Id deffinitly wish they would have put some sort of a rail on it for scopes or red dots.... it would have given me much more interest. Although I would probally still buy it due to the whole propane deal is alot cheaper.
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 4:43pm

sweetness

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by seargeantjim seargeantjim wrote:

Id deffinitly wish they would have put some sort of a rail on it for scopes or red dots.... it would have given me much more interest. Although I would probally still buy it due to the whole propane deal is alot cheaper.

Im already working on a bolt-on rail.

Anyway I just hauled the thing outside and shot it. Its definately interesting.

Sounds like a .22, not at all the sound of any other paintgun. Its got more of a firearm rifle crack sound to it. Really cool.

I dont have a very big yard, but I was easily stacking the balls on the same spot at about 50 feet. The plastic barrel doesnt seem to be a problem or anything.

DEFINATELY smells like a grill after firing a few shots. Personally I thought it was really cool. Makes you think of steak and burgers.

I didnt notice it getting too hot, but I wasnt firing too fast. The back of the grip where the web of your thumb sits got warm, but it wasnt hot by any means.

I gotta tweak the reg a bit more then go out and really go to town on it. Ill try to get some video for you.

Oh and in case youre curious, I paid a whopping $2.17 for a propane tank at Target.

Edited by Enos Shenk
seargeantjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seargeantjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 5:28pm
Well, If I buy that gun, you have a GUARANTEED customer on that rail.... your so smart enos.... I envy you. hahha good work man!
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 5:34pm
Sign me up for a rail when you are done.  I'm definitely putting a scope on this baby.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic