Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

m98 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
popps235 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popps235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: m98 problem
    Posted: 24 October 2005 at 3:05pm

i can't adjust the velocity on my m98!even with the screw just about all the way out is jumps from 249 to 190 to 225.i have a flatline barrel and pro team stock which i removed with the same results.any help would be great.thanks pops

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 3:46pm
Look on the right side of your gun, are either of the two valve bolts missing?
popps235 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popps235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 6:57pm

no they are still there,any ideas?

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 7:36pm
is it a fresh tank? if so, dry fire it a good 10-15 times, then re-crono
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:07am

start by putting the velocity screw in all the way, then take a full turn on the bolt to bring it outward.  fire a few shots, and chrono them. if stil low, go another full turn, and fire a few shots. keep doing this with 1/4 turns until you get the desired speed.

another problem could be that if your using CO2 that it is affected by the weather(boo) and i dont know your situation, but you could of had it inside where it was either warm/cold and went outside and the weather was oposite of the inside conditions.

when the velocity screw is out all the way this is when velocity is all over the place. so try putting it in more.

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
Paintball4Ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintball4Ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 1:03pm
You can't completly unscrew it..  That might be your problem?
popps235 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popps235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 6:43pm
i have a 3000 psi crossfire tank.when i was at the field getting chrono'd the adjustin screw came all the way out.this has been going on the past few times i was getting ready to play.i even tried with my co2 and still the same thing.
gomez583 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gomez583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 12:46am
As far as you should unscrew it is flush with the body.
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro E
Ricochet Apache LCD
Tapco T6 Stock
10 Pc Empire Barrel Kit
Low Pressure Kit
Palmer Male Stabilizer
Ape Board
Ape Trigger
D H Titanium Hammer (soon)
ares View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 2:35pm
call the tippmann support line. ask someone who knows.

Edited by ares
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic