Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98Custom w/ r/t, and LP kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vasmir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vasmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98Custom w/ r/t, and LP kit
    Posted: 24 October 2005 at 12:29pm
I'm helping out a friend who wanted me to install a low pressure kit in their 98 custom w/ responce trigger. When I was all good and finished, I hooked up my 68/4500 pure energy tank, fired her up, and instead of cocking and firing like normal, it cycled on F/A for a few seconds, then finally caught the cocking pin. I pull the trigger again, and same thing happens. It goes into F/A mode for a few seconds, like it's not snatching the cockin pin. Anyone know what the deal is?

vasmir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vasmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 12:32pm
btw, my tank was at 1500 psi, which is plenty.
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 4:42pm
You have a high pressure output tank, you need to buy a low pressure output or take the LPK off the gun.
gomez583 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gomez583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by rossy11223 rossy11223 wrote:

You have a high pressure output tank, you need to buy a low pressure output or take the LPK off the gun.

That's not true. Just raise your regulator pressure all the way out until it has enough air to recock the gun. You might need to get the upgraded parts for the R/T from Tippmann.

I am running my low pressure kit of CO2. With no problems. I even put the stock bolt in it. Instead of the rear cocking bolt, because of my stock. I am running 285 fps at 250 psi.

Edited by gomez583
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro E
Ricochet Apache LCD
Tapco T6 Stock
10 Pc Empire Barrel Kit
Low Pressure Kit
Palmer Male Stabilizer
Ape Board
Ape Trigger
D H Titanium Hammer (soon)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic