Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lube Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hell_Spawn002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hell_Spawn002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lube Question
    Posted: 22 October 2005 at 4:06pm
Alright, I know this may seem an elementary question to some, but since I bought an A-5 I figured I would learn the RIGHT way to take care of my Marker. I was looking through all the documentation on the Tippmann page and I Ran across the correct form of lube for my gun somewhere, and I cannot for the life of me find where again. it was something #6 and I am new to paintball (only A year of on/off play) and I am going to the store soon to get my new N2 tank filled and hopefully get some lube. Any help would be really appreciated. - Chris King
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 4:51pm
are you sure it wasnt Hoppes #9 cuz if you have a tippmann, thats what is recommended
Hell_Spawn002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hell_Spawn002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by Frobs Frobs wrote:

are you sure it wasnt Hoppes #9 cuz if you have a tippmann, thats what is recommended

Yea your right, i knew it was # something, Thanks a lot man, I am going online right now to order some

TippmanHotshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 10:03am
I think that any lube for blowback markers would work though. I have some Empire lube, and it works really well (no scuzzy stuff, now drippy mess, it just works.)
Overshooting,
America's greatest pastime.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 8:41pm
i heard that hoppes 9 eats away at o-rings and you should just use regular hoppes, i may have it backwards though.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 9:00pm

Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

i heard that hoppes 9 eats away at o-rings and you should just use regular hoppes, i may have it backwards though.

Hoppe's #9 cleaner may go after "O" rings. Hoppe's oil is what Tippmann recommends!!! Hoppe's OIL is what you want.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic