Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 take apart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WoodsBall. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WoodsBall. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 take apart
    Posted: 22 October 2005 at 3:40pm
Im going to buy a a5. Right now i have a tipp 98 c which is a very relible gun and simple. I take it apart with ease not worring that i might put something in the wrong place and ruineing it. But when I saw the exploded view's for the a5 it looks complicated. Is it hard to open, change orings, Take the cyclone feeder out and instal it  back in?
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 4:20pm
its not that hard at all.... i had a little trouble putting the frames back together but that was it... you just need to practice assembling and dissembling
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 4:43pm
pshh, the a5 is no harder than the 98. infact it bacically is a 98 with a cyclone and a heavier, bulkier body and the ability to be field stripped.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WoodsBall. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 6:00pm
I dont have any problems deasmbling the tippmann 98 ,is it really not a diffrence because the exploded view has a LOT of parts. What do i need to unscrew so i could change the bolts oring and what do i need to unscrew so i can put a stock?

Is the field striping really 60 sec to deasmble it and asmble it back and when you do field strip it dose the whole body come of like the tippmann 98c so you can acsses orings bolt and most of the major internals/

Also is the cyclone hard to put back on

Thank you for your help the tippmann forms is as much help as calling them
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 11:09pm
Alright, first, push out all your push pins. There should be four. Then, take off your rear end cap, that thing with the ring on the end of it. Next, take off your grip frame and the tombstone where the hose connects to. Then you should be able to slide all your internals out the back of your A-5. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WoodsBall. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 2:14am
It dosent open like the tippmann 98 it all has to go from the back? My freind told me it can open in to two parts those two parts are the main frame.
Tippy740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippy740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 6:38pm

It is very easy to do.....I had doubts when I first did it but it turned out to be very easy!

A-5

R/T
Double Trigger
Expansion Chamber
Remote Hose
16' WERKS Barrel
Polished Internals
Trigger Mods
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 8:32pm
its damn-near identical
GRRWingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRRWingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 6:08pm

Originally posted by WoodsBall. WoodsBall. wrote:

It dosent open like the tippmann 98 it all has to go from the back? My freind told me it can open in to two parts those two parts are the main frame.

yes, it can.  You can choose to take the reciever completely apart down to the two halves.  But if you simply take out the four push pins, the grip assembly will slide off the marker, and the end cap will come out, and with a quick shake, the entire driveline (rear bolt, linkage arm, power tube and front bolt) will slide out the rear of the reciever, allowing you to clean and oil everything that needs it.

I would, however, reccommend a complete teardown, at least every once in a while, so you can get to know your marker and what parts go where.  This will help you if something breaks, instead of having to send it in to Tippmann every time it doesn't shoot right.

jj

A5RT Specops A5A2 kit
Soon a Flatline with UMS shroud, and Specops F.O.G. grip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic