Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 custom shooting hot!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zeke615 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeke615 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 custom shooting hot!
    Posted: 20 October 2005 at 1:18pm
Need help with a 98 custom I got used.  Will not shoot under 375fps.  I have adjusted the velocity all the way down and the lowest it will shoot is 375fps.  Any ideas what is wrong with this marker?
Zeke out...
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 1:48pm
Do you mean the velocity screw is screwed all the way in?  If its all the way out, then you have no air friction and are at the highest velocity.  Otherwise, I'd say get a Plamer Stabilizer, then you won't need to worry about shooting hot.
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 5:17pm
Any upgrades on the 98c?
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 8:50pm
cut the springs on your drive springs. do it one at a time. probable two will get you close. but i would suggest one ring at a time and check after each one. you'll have to put it back together which is a pain to do over and over, but this will do the trick
www.pbteamwow.com
Zeke615 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeke615 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 1:07pm
Thanks for the tips.  No upgrades tht I know about.  I'll try cutting the drive spring down.
Zeke out...
Tippy740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippy740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 11:07am
Make sure you didnt turn the screw the wrong way before you go cutting away.
A-5

R/T
Double Trigger
Expansion Chamber
Remote Hose
16' WERKS Barrel
Polished Internals
Trigger Mods
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:57pm
they screw can be turned either way,

it it is out too far, or in too far, the velosity will drop. bing out too far will result in a large cavity which the air flows into then out of, thus lower FPS.

since he said he was high at 375 fps, its most likely not a simple "doh i was turning it the wrong way" fix
www.pbteamwow.com
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2005 at 11:20pm

Originally posted by Millslane Millslane wrote:

it it is out too far, or in too far, the velosity will drop. bing out too far will result in a large cavity which the air flows into then out of, thus lower FPS.

i'm afraid i don't agree, if the screw is too far out i don't think it would slow the velocity at all.

spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 12:29am
Originally posted by tigman250 tigman250 wrote:

i'm afraid i don't agree, if the screw is too far out i don't think it would slow the velocity at all.

I would agree, but only a tiny bit.  If the screw was out far enough to make a divet, there MIGHT be a little turbulence due to Bernoulli effect, but I doubt enough to see a significant difference.  Also, if the screw was that far out (I checked on my own 98C), it'd probably fall out.  Too make the velocity screw flush, the screw is almost out (threads starting to show on the outside of the marker body).  Atleast that's the way mine is....

Edited by spudcrazy
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 1:11am

what i posted was correct. take you screw out and try to chrono. what you will find is a range of shots. high and low, but if you leave the screw in, but back it way out, what happens is the air flow will go up into the hole you have created by backing out the screw. thus creating the same effect as blocking the air with the screw screwed in. the air is going to flow into any space it travels past, with there being a hole to travel into, it will not flow as fast as if can, because some of the air will get trapped and will not hit the ball at the same time. so you have less air hitting the paintball initially resulting in lower velosity.

the smaller the blockage or smaller the hole, the faster the velosity. when the screw flush with the inside of the powertube, you will have maximum velosity because there is no obstruction, either way.

does that make sense now?

you can also go to ACE and buy a smaller velosity screw in length, allowing you place it flush and not feel like its going to fall out.

Edited by Millslane
www.pbteamwow.com
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 3:17pm

im with millslane on this one, due to that with the bolt out like this it will create more room for the gas and then with more room, less FPS.

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2005 at 11:38pm

are you using CO2? cause CO2 can cause guns to shoot hot...

Edited by TruePaintballer
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 12:22am
Shoot at a fat kid till the gun gets worn in.

Make sure he has a mask on, Saftey first, ya know.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 8:08pm

what i posted was correct. take you screw out and try to chrono. what you will find is a range of shots. high and low, but if you leave the screw in, but back it way out, what happens is the air flow will go up into the hole you have created by backing out the screw. thus creating the same effect as blocking the air with the screw screwed in. the air is going to flow into any space it travels past, with there being a hole to travel into, it will not flow as fast as if can, because some of the air will get trapped and will not hit the ball at the same time. so you have less air hitting the paintball initially resulting in lower velosity.

the smaller the blockage or smaller the hole, the faster the velosity. when the screw flush with the inside of the powertube, you will have maximum velosity because there is no obstruction, either way.

you can also go to ACE and buy a smaller velosity screw in length, allowing you place it flush and not feel like its going to fall out.

you suggesting that people screw their velocity screws out to reduce velocity? we all know the right way to adjust velocity if you wish to do it backwards be my guest, as long as you aren't shooting at me i don't care.

Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2005 at 10:47pm
tigman250, you are failing to understand what i am saying.

I know the correct way to adjust the velosity. i know which way turns the screw in and which way turns it out.

I will try to break this down so you can understand...

if you start with the screw all the way in, you will have the lowest velosity possible because you are blocking the maximun amount of Co2/Air possible, right?

now, to raise the velosity you will begin to back the screw out, blocking less and less space, allowing more and more Co2/Air to pass through, giving you higher velosity. right?

now if you continue to back the screw out until its flush with the inside of the powertube, so you have none of the screw blocking anything, you will have acheived the maximun velositym, right?
when the Co2/Air can flow the smoothest and most un-obstructed, it will have the highest velosity.

now, are you still with me? this is there you seem to fail to understand me so pay close attention and begin to think outside of that you know and learn something.

if you continue to back the screw out, past where its flush with the inside of the powertube and where you were acheiving maximum velosity, you will start to slowely lower your velosity at this point. why is that? becuase you now have a gap, a hole in the powertube which the Co2/Air cannot flow over freely. the Co2/Air will flow up into the hole, slowing it down. It will flow into and fill any space its given.
if you continue to back the screw out, making that hole deeper and deeper, you will continue to lower the velosity.

are you still with me?

go and try it. start backing the screw out past the flush position and the velosity will go lower.

please, next time, make more educated posts.
www.pbteamwow.com
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 1:14pm
Alright, MillsLane has a point, however, since quite a few people will not bother reading your post all the way through or for some reason just don't follow it all that well, I'm afraid you will have people turning their velocity screws th wrong way to lower their velocity, your suggestion of using a shorter screw makes this an even greater possibility.

To the kid with the problem, screw the velocity screw all the way in, if it's still a problem, cut the spring a little bit for a quick fix, but you might consider getting a spring kit and getting a lighter drive spring so length doesn't become an issue.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 2:58pm
partly right Millslane.

Rmoving the screw entirely though is not a way to prove your point. Removing it provides an exit port for the air to go out.

Screwing it the wrong way will only make a very tiny difference though.
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 4:25pm
yes, The Guy, i mentioned that before.

and i never said that should lower your velosity by screwing out the screw.

I am simply saying this because some people complain that they can't get the velosity up and they have the screw all the way out.

my latest post was for now one but tigman250, because he was havong a hard time understand what i was saying.
www.pbteamwow.com
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 6:58pm

it's not that i don't understand Millsane i will say it is possible for velocity to be reduced by taking the screw too far back, in fact it might, it wouldn't be alot or consistent though. i tried to be nice but because you got defencive and mean here it goes.

Originally posted by Millsane Millsane wrote:

and i never said that should lower your velosity by screwing out the screw.

yes you did this is a direct quote from your thread above.

now, are you still with me? this is there you seem to fail to understand me so pay close attention and begin to think outside of that you know and learn something.

if you continue to back the screw out, past where its flush with the inside of the powertube and where you were acheiving maximum velosity, you will start to slowely lower your velosity at this point. why is that? becuase you now have a gap, a hole in the powertube which the Co2/Air cannot flow over freely. the Co2/Air will flow up into the hole, slowing it down. It will flow into and fill any space its given.
if you continue to back the screw out, making that hole deeper and deeper, you will continue to lower the velosity.

oh wait...........here it is again

oh.....one last time

it seems you are the one that needs to make more educated posts, at least think about it before you post, mabey even read your previous statement to be sure you don't contradict your self. you are coming off like turning your screw out too far is an alternate way to regulate your velocity......and it's NOT! now any time you feel the need to discuss the mechanics of a marker or need to be humiliated just let me know i will be glad to help.

Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2005 at 8:12pm
i am done with you.

i never suggested that one should lower their velosity by turning the screw out. i only said that if you back it out too far, then your velosity will begin to drop.

ending my participation in this thread

www.pbteamwow.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic