FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C3 w/ PEP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 12:39am
I am sure that Tippmann has thoroughly researched this to make it safe. I think the point that some folks were trying to get across above has more to do with the fact that it never pays to underestimate the power of human stupidity.
County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote County Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 1:38pm
I'm putting my order in today. Should have them in this week if Tippmann has them ready to ship.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 2:01pm
the amount of propane used in the combustion of one shot is very small... it's not like everytime you shoot flames are going to shoot out the gun and a deafening "BOOM" will come from inside the gun...

tippmann would not have developed this and introduced this technology to the public if it wasn't throughly engineered and designed to be safe... i'm sure some of the tippmann engineers thought the same things as some of you guys. "omg it's gonna blow!"
Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 3:18pm
If it was semi auto and mechanical id get one...
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 4:22pm
i dont think it can be semi. the propane doesnt give enough pressure to drive the pneumatics. the shot count with pneumatics would be drop from like 50,000 to 1000. it would take a lot of propane to drive the heavy springs. even if they are set light.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

PaulJ69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 4:34pm
im just gona wait acouple of years for all the kinks to be figured out and stuff. and i dont think milling on this gun is a good idea...

Edited by PaulJ69
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 5:59pm
I'm curious to know how the propane is ignited. Is it a static electrical spark? Or does the pump action compress air to combine with the propane for a diesel like effect?

When I was younger I could make an air rifle shoot like a rifle by adding a fraction of a drop of atf to the rear of the pellet. The spring piston design of the air rifle compressed enough to cause the atf to ignite in the air chamber, send the pellet out at terrific velocity.

Unfortunately, this was a $1300 Feinwerkbau rifle, and my experiments caused some expensive to fix damage to it.
For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

i dont think it can be semi. the propane doesnt give enough pressure to drive the pneumatics. the shot count with pneumatics would be drop from like 50,000 to 1000. it would take a lot of propane to drive the heavy springs. even if they are set light.

Assuming that is true, why use gas to run the pneumatics?  Heck, why have pneumatics?

A simple electric motor can run the bolt back and forth.  All you really need the gas for is to create propulsion.

But, of course, there is plenty of pressure from the propane to run pneumatics - after ignition.  Propane isn't stored under very high pressure, but there is nothing like lighting a fire to increase pressure.  :)

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

tippmann would not have developed this and introduced this technology to the public if it wasn't throughly engineered and designed to be safe... i'm sure some of the tippmann engineers thought the same things as some of you guys. "omg it's gonna blow!"

I trust the Tippmann technology to be safe, it's people I'm not so sure about.  As an example consider those cardboard sunshades they make for car windshields.  On most of them, someplace on the back, in small print, it says "Warning, do not drive with shade in place", or something along those lines.  The warning would not be there if someone hadn't tried to do it.  It's those same people that I worry about being around if they get their hands on a C3.

Edited by Mack
PB MISFIT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Salty Marshmellow Man #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB MISFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

tippmann would not have developed this and
introduced this technology to the public if it wasn't throughly
engineered and designed to be safe... i'm sure some of the tippmann
engineers thought the same things as some of you guys. "omg it's gonna
blow!"

I trust the Tippmann technology to be safe, it's people I'm not so sure
about. As an example consider those cardboard sunshades they make
for car windshields. On most of them, someplace on the back, in
small print, it says "Warning, do not drive with shade in place", or
something along those lines. The warning would not be there if
someone hadn't tried to do it. It's those same people that I
worry about being around if they get their hands on a C3.

They dont put that on there because someone did it. They put that on there so if someone was retarded enough to do it, they wont get their butts sued off.

I've been looking for a pump, once I hear a review I might buy it.
County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote County Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 9:52am
You can order it now. I should have them in stock later next week.

Order your C3.
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:01am
That's going to be something I'll have to invest in. I've always wanted to play with a pump.

For a while, I was thinking that Tippmann was becoming another company that recycles their old stuff with flashy new features and calls it "new". My faith in Tippmann is restored now. For the first time in a very long time, a paintball manufacturer has actually introduced a new, innovative idea to the market. Very cool.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:18am
^true.

Anyone know where you can Get one of these, small propane tanks?
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:28am
Wal-Mart, any outdoor/camping store. They are fairly common.

Standard disposable propane tank used for mini-grills/stoves, lanterns, heaters, etc.

Example: hardware store:

http://outdoor-living.hardwarestore.com/56-323-camping-stove s/coleman-propane-cylinder-274654.aspx

Don't think you can purchase them online... will be an in-store purchase. As you can see... the $8 price that Tippmann quotes is on the high side. I typically pick up 4 packs (at Home Depot I think) for about $10 on sale.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:33am
WOW.

The only thing that stinks about this marker is that it needs a AAA Battery.     A Mech that needs a battery.

Edited by Panda Man
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:34am
Gotta ignite the Propane somehow. :)

Not just a Mech that needs a battery... a PUMP that needs a battery! Whodathunkit?
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:39am
haha.

Yea, I'm pretty much sold on getting one.  I've wanted a pump since Febuary, and I also wanted another Tippmann... I guess this makes the best of 2 worlds, and hey....  I can bring my 3.3 Harness with me, and never have to worry about running out of Air. (though it would take alot of stupid shooting to blast off 1000+ rounds in a game with a pump.)

I can just imagine if this idea takes off what some people will be like.

"BAH, my dang Tippmann wont shoot anymore... Hmm... guess I have to go to Autozone/Napa/Pep Boys. and pick up some more spark plugs.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 11:15am

Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Heck, during the summer Walgreens carry them.  That's definitely one of the big plusses of this new design - the easy availability of these propane tanks.

The more I think about this idea, the more impressed I am.  If Tippmann is able to develop a semi that is able to put out 8+ bps, and the lingering safety concerns are put to bed, this could truly be a complete revolution of paintball.

Think of field start-up costs - no need to buy expensive CO2/NO2 fill stations, or constantly hydro rental tanks.

Genius.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Heck, during the summer Walgreens carry them.  That's definitely one of the big plusses of this new design - the easy availability of these propane tanks.

The more I think about this idea, the more impressed I am.  If Tippmann is able to develop a semi that is able to put out 8+ bps, and the lingering safety concerns are put to bed, this could truly be a complete revolution of paintball.

Think of field start-up costs - no need to buy expensive CO2/NO2 fill stations, or constantly hydro rental tanks.

Genius.

Hehe.  BYOP's new slogan.

Bring-your-own-propane.

Not to mention its easy aviablity, but how many shots you get.

GENIUS!
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 1:04pm
No one answered my question. When we ar edone playing for the day. can we unscrew the tank and use it again at a later date? or is it like a 12gram type thing? I know nothing aobut camping and what not, therefore I know nothing about these tanks. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic