FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C3 w/ PEP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

Second, Rambino, your comment about speaking out of ignorance is uncalled for and ridiculous.  I do know alot about propane as it applies to not only spudguns, but household uses.  I don't doubt the efficiency and safety, as OS states.  My issue was and is, what OS said "[people] insist on doing STUPID things to create a problem".  So read what I said before calling me ignorant.

I apologize for my outburst - it was uncalled for.

But I do stand by the substance of my comment.  Tippmann has done significant research on this - all of the safety comments that have been raised have been raised in ignorance.  Not ignorance of propane, but ignorance of the intended application of propane to paintball.  As OS pointed out, airsoft companies have been doing this years.

CO2 has become a safety issue over the years, with valves coming off and other pressure concerns.  Propane solves all of those problems in a single stroke.

This will be MORE safe, not less safe.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:25pm
I just dont get the mindset of people that will run around with 4500psi HPA tanks yet call propane dangerous...

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:25pm
Using propane in this gun certainly seems safer than in a GBB airsoft. This gun actually burns it, therefore not discharging flameable gas. You won't have idiots, like someone trying to be a trick shot and shoot the flame out on a candle, miss, get frustrated, then get closer and fire full auto at the flame(can't say I ever did that with a GBB )causing a flamethrower-like effect and burning the hair off his arms or worse. It seems like a safe system just for the fact that it burns the propane. But I'm still wondering how the RVA works.
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I apologize for my outburst - it was uncalled for.

But I do stand by the substance of my comment.  Tippmann has done significant research on this - all of the safety comments that have been raised have been raised in ignorance.  Not ignorance of propane, but ignorance of the intended application of propane to paintball.  As OS pointed out, airsoft companies have been doing this years.

CO2 has become a safety issue over the years, with valves coming off and other pressure concerns.  Propane solves all of those problems in a single stroke.

This will be MORE safe, not less safe.

Thanks for the apology, accepted.  And, I would say, you're absolutely right in what you say about Tippmann doing their homework, otherwise they probably wouldn't be allowed to market the product.

I guess, having built spudguns, done plumbing work and girlling with propane, I just have issues with safety as it pertains to kids and experimentation.  I have seen propane spudguns blowup on people and have personally seen my wife singe her eyebrows  sparking the grill.  I guess it's the volatility issue.  There is a reason they won't let some bulk cannisters of propane (like the ones on your grill and camper) through tunnels, but will let HPA tanks thru.  VOLATILITY.

However, point taken.  Thanks.

Edited by spudcrazy
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:30pm

Shorty, I own a Pasload, too, I've never modified it, have you?

Unfortunately, I don't own one. I only wish I did, it would save my arm from swinging so much! Used one once before (not on my own project), and have watched them being used a couple times... in envy.

BTW, how's the house coming along???
Kickin my butt. hehe. And will until the day I move out. Never enough time or money to get any real progress done. But... $200K in equity built up in 16 months... can't complain too much.
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:34pm
ShortyBP, if you decide to get a Pasload, don't.  The new Dewalt battery power crown nailers and framing nailers are awesome.  No hose like a conventional pnuematic and no fuel cell replacement.  Just recharge the battery.  I've used one and they're awesome...
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 1:49pm
ne from smart parts LOL
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 2:59pm
I wonder what the smell is like.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 2:59pm
Maybe we can add some woodchips and get a sweet hickory BBQ smell.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 3:08pm
I'm a little upset that it's electronic but if I could cook with it too, that might make up for the need for batteries.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by paintbusta paintbusta wrote:

ne from smart parts LOL

I think its easy to say...

Worst. Edited Picture. Ever.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

But I'm still wondering how the RVA works.

The gun work by combustion on one side of a piston, the piston compresses air in a chamber that fires the ball. Just like a nerf gun except it uses propane instead of a spring.

The RVA simply changes the volume of the air chamber.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Just like a nerf gun except it uses propane instead of a spring.

Winner for best C3 marketing slogan. 

"Really - it's just like a Nerf gun"

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 6:07pm

"Really - it's just like a Nerf gun"

bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 6:34pm

"Really - it's just like a Nerf gun"

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 7:17pm
This may be the dumbest dumb question. But 50,000 shots. Do you think they'll just make the tanks like 12grams? So companies can make money off the tanks.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 7:29pm
here's my concern: as a future oldschooler, in about 5 years will this new technology take over the world? will other companies make these guns, slowly killing out all of the hpa or co2 guns we all now know and love? i forsee a future in which we will be forced to give up our beloved 98's, a-5's, even angels and autocockers/mags. What a bleak future i predict...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 8:04pm
IM intrestead maybe next year i spring for one as my paintball budget this year is maxed out already.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 8:05pm
It burns the propane? It burns the propane!
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 8:07pm
i am on the sketchy side for this one...I guess we will see if Tippmann gets sued or not in a couple of months
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic