FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

propane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 8:58am
I guess it uses a battery to create a spark to ignite the propane...
boarder2k7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boarder2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 3:50pm
It would have been way better had they used a piezo-electric sparker. Then there would be no batteries.
I play speedball with a 98 custom.....
www.tippmannowners.com
PaulJ69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 4:20pm
well i bet the batterys would faster than running out of propane...so start stocking up on tripple A's!!! lol
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

Looks like a nail gun. 

Thats what it is basically and from look at the pic, it kinda reminds me of an old Black & Decker Power Drill.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2005 at 5:35pm

"I guess it uses a battery to create a spark to ignite the propane..."

Well in my opinion it is a downside to the marker

but i was thinking could you fit one of these on http://www.backcountrygear.com/images/JetboilFuel.jpg because it would be cool with a stock on it aswell and one that small will beable last about 4,000 shots

A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
noobtacular View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noobtacular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 1:39pm

lol i dont think it ignites the propane :P from what i heard... the expanding propane propels the paintball...

But if it did use battery to ignite... why not just use the bolt thingys to make a spark lol... (the thingys that ignites bullet in gun) cuz that needs no bateries, and is much better^^

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 1:54pm
You guys need to do some reading. Goto the main tippmann page and click on the C3 and read up.

Allot of your questions and assumptions will be answered.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
custom pro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote custom pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 3:00pm

yea

Airforce is my future.
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 3:15pm

a reason you cant use propane on you regular gun is because the C3 has a spark plug in it to ignite the propane. imagine if that went wrong, and you were playing rec ball in the fall in the woods, well i guess there would be a forest fire.

im kinda weary about this whole propane, spark plug thing.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by boarder2k7 boarder2k7 wrote:

It would have been way better had they used a piezo-electric sparker. Then there would be no batteries.

Yeah and it would also have a 20 pound 1 inch long trigger pull.
Scotchbroth View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Languge 1/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchbroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by noobtacular noobtacular wrote:

lol i dont think it ignites the propane :P from what i heard... the expanding propane propels the paintball...

But if it did use battery to ignite... why not just use the bolt thingys to make a spark lol... (the thingys that ignites bullet in gun) cuz that needs no bateries, and is much better^^

The "thingy" that ignites a bullet in a gun is a pin striking the back of the cartridge wich causes a chemical reaction with cordite then propells the projectile. you would need to use self propelled paintball cartridges for this idea to work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:30am
if you read/look at the manual there is a spark plug.
98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:12pm

ya also looking at the manual there is an exhaust valve at the rear of the gun, also there is a warning that says "caution extremly flamable, explosion hazard, and carbon monoxide warning"

so with the exhaust valve by the persons face dont ya think that someone will eventually faint due to carbon monoxide inhalation?

this gun just doesnt seem safe

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:39pm
Do you pass out from inhaling CO2 blow back? Don't worry about the exhaust.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic