FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it just me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it just me?
    Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:26pm
or does anyone else get constantly screwed by their union?

UFCW Local 1776

Those are the <poopy>I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Ever since I started my job they've done nothing but screw me. Apparently when I filled out paper work, i marked down i wanted to donate $10 from my paycheck for a "Political Conrtibution". I'm not even old enough to vote, WHAT THE HELL. So, I call them and they can't just stop it. I have to send a fax. I send a fax. "We didnt get it".  I send another. It takes 5 weeks for it to stop. That's $50 i'll never see again.

Then, I had union orientation. Me and a few other co-workers sat in a room while our rep bravo sierred to us about how the union is important and how Walmart is evil. I started out making 5.50 an hour, I bet if I worked at Walmart, I'd be making more right now. The only reason I make $7.00 now is because I worked my ass off. The union is supposed to be you're friend, protecting your rights agaist your evil managers.  I like my managers. Well, most of them. They are the reason I got promoted and got a raise, not because of a money hungry union. After I did get the raise, the union was taking out 8.65 for dues each week. When its only supposed ot be what you make + one dollar. I made $7, tell me where the extra .65 cents came from? After another 5 weeks, that was finally fixed.

So I get my paycheck this week and they took out $26 for "bels Fund". I'm like WHAT THE FRIGGIN HELL!? And i ask the front-end manager and she says its something they take out when you get a raise. Its such bull. And I am due for another rasie next week, so I'll get another Bels Fund taken out. I hate the union.

They are a bunch of <poopy>.

Edited by Rambino

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:33pm
HA! I have never belonged to a union. Never will either.

Why not quit the union?
Hoytshooter View Drop Down
Guested - Language++

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoytshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:39pm
Wal-mart is a good place to work, good benefits for retirement and such. (two uncles were managers)
I shoot a Hoyt

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:40pm
I would never work at wal mart. Ever.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:55pm
I work at Cheeburger Cheeburger, and I started off at $6.75 per hour. I got 5 bucks deducted out of my first paycheck for the uniform(Cheeburger Cheeburger Athletics t-shirt). My job pwns
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 9:58pm
Quit the union..

Fat Stalin View Drop Down
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:00pm
That sux. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:08pm
I can't quit the union. It doesnt work like that.

sporx wrote:
Teh_Ninja View Drop Down

1 strike, 10/26, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teh_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:29pm
Unions, the real communists.

can you even overthrow a union?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:31pm
De-unionize? Doubt it, the rich fat-cats are too powerful.

Our dues go up, the president gets a new car. That kinda deal.

sporx wrote:
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:34pm
From what i hear, unions have mob ties.

Your never getting out. Unless your dead, this cosa nostra, this thing of ours.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:12pm
Hah!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:14pm
They were mobbed up when kennedy was elected. And they were mobbed up when Jimmy Hoffa went missing.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:21pm
I was rolling my eyes at Plenti....

Sure $50 bucks might seem like alot now but wait till your managers stop being nice abd fire you and your union gets you $50 million in an unlawful firing law suit.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I was rolling my eyes at Plenti....

Sure $50 bucks might seem like alot now but wait till your managers stop being nice abd fire you and your union gets you $50 million in an unlawful firing law suit.

I'm a hard worker, and i do my job right. Why would they suddenly stop being nice to me when I don't do anything wrong?

I'm sure the union gives a damn about some 16 year olds summer job.

sporx wrote:
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:29pm
Maybe you end up working so hard that you expect more pay then they are willing to pay you. So they fire you and hire the next 16 year old willing to work for cheaper.

Welcome to the world of business...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Maybe you end up working so hard that you expect more pay then they are willing to pay you. So they fire you and hire the next 16 year old willing to work for cheaper.

Welcome to the world of business...

Or a mexican!

... *cough*
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:38am

Unions certainly served an important purpose at some time, and occasionally they still do - a good union can be a good thing for everybody, including the employers.

But in my experience, unfortunately, unions are all too often counterproductive, and a hindrance to good business practices as well as good management/labor relations.  And, as pointed out in this thread, unions often do not benefit their own members either.

impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 5:26am
What grocery store do you work at?
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Unions certainly served an important purpose at some time, and occasionally they still do - a good union can be a good thing for everybody, including the employers.

But in my experience, unfortunately, unions are all too often counterproductive, and a hindrance to good business practices as well as good management/labor relations.  And, as pointed out in this thread, unions often do not benefit their own members either.

I agree. Unions started out doing well. But it seems they do more harm than good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic