Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what gun should i get

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paintballer37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what gun should i get
    Posted: 13 October 2005 at 10:16pm

well i have been wondering for a while what gun i should get i had a 98 custom. but i sold it a while ago and i have jsut been trying to find out what gun i should get. jsut to many for me to decide. the type of gun i want to get is one that i can use in turoments. speedball and woods but mostly one for turnments . so any info will be helpfully. thanks

fighter
FoRenSiC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FoRenSiC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 10:44pm
Many will suggest this, the Ion its just a great gun.
TippmanHotshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 11:41pm
Yea dude, the Ion is smokin, but there are many choices. The Wrath, the Promaster, the Pirhanna Evo, or even the new Custom Pro's. I personally would make the toss up between the Ion and Promaster.
Overshooting,
America's greatest pastime.
Rhino 91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino 91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 3:24pm
I'd get another 98 and trick it out, or if u have the money a A-5. I think a tricked out 98 would probably out perform the A-5 in a tourney though.
Have Faith in God

Give me one bullet and your dead, give me a handfull -game over.
jh1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jh1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 7:28pm

Originally posted by Rhino 91 Rhino 91 wrote:

I'd get another 98 and trick it out, or if u have the money a A-5. I think a tricked out 98 would probably out perform the A-5 in a tourney though.

Really? I have a 98c and ws thinking about getting an a-5 and trikcing it out should I or trick my 98  out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:28pm
Between the A-5 and the 98 Custom, I think the custom is more fitted to the tourny scene. It's smaller, lighter, and I would argue that it can be faster, but as for speed, they're probably about the same.
Overshooting,
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:53pm
yup first 2 things to do is A.buy a double trigger and B. buy the madmann spring kit. Between thoose two if you practice you can get some good speed with a 98 im shooting anywhere between 10 and 13 bps with my 98c. You might also want to consider the custom pro e but do the same thing but buy the engler double trigger its awsome www.englerpaintballguns.com and look for it its only for the custom pro e though.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 10:43am

Can you really get between 10-13bps? That's awesome. The best I've over done or even seen is probably around 6-10 bps.

Overshooting,
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 1:28pm
i like my 98c. i use it for woods, speedball, and all that jazz.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 2:55pm
the 98Custom owns all guns in all categories except for looks and speed.
Overshooting,
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:49am
looks = same style since 1899
speed = not fast
accuracy = pwns
EriK6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EriK6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 7:38pm
Dye DMC
I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.
Tippmann Cqd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann Cqd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2005 at 9:37pm

Ion-10

omen 2.0- 10

promaster-10

pirahna-8

spyder-8

Karnis Rule
dye2k5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dye2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 3:43pm

sorry to say, but the A5 is all hype. as is the DMC

compared to the 98 custom, the A5 is 0.6 lbs heavier, 0.37 inches longer and what? $150-$200 more?... all for only a possibility of 2 extra shots per second... 98 custom is the way to go

and on the complete other end of things, the DMC VS DM5.... for the DMC your paying maybe about $400-$500 extra... it gets dirty and scratched very easily it is very slightly lighter and very slightly smaller... but aside from that, the internals are basically the same...

in the end, 98 custom and the DM5 are much smarter choices than their so called "betters"

Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 5:38pm
You can find a refurbished A-5 for like $150, or just check ebay.

Maybe look into Automags too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic