Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

super rt?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
baconking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baconking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super rt?
    Posted: 10 October 2005 at 4:51pm

i have a response trigger and i'm trying to figure out if i want to make it even faster. ive heard about the super rt but how much more air does it use?

Edited by baconking
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 5:31pm
It doesn't use any extra air, and the normal response trigger doesn't either, it uses excess blowback gas, which is the result of blowback from your gun.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 5:31pm
i think it uses the same amount but it just makes more air flow through the lines (faster)
baconking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baconking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 7:10pm

cool, so i just call up tippmann and tell them what?

and i bet a wider hose wouldnt freeze up as bad as the little skinny ones using co2. 

and i guess i need a faster hopper. how fast can i expect this to shoot?

also, how would i go about installing one? do i need bigger fittings?

Edited by baconking
gsw.3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsw.3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by baconking baconking wrote:

cool, so i just call up tippmann and tell them what?

and i bet a wider hose wouldnt freeze up as bad as the little skinny ones using co2. 

and i guess i need a faster hopper. how fast can i expect this to shoot?

also, how would i go about installing one? do i need bigger fittings?

probally arround 17-21 BPS (if tuned properly)

Edited by gsw.3
CLICK THE LINK BELOW

ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 9:39pm
search supre r/t. there is a ton of info in here on  it
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
TippmanHotshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 10:08pm
Well, for me, I would just use a VL Revolution, which is rated about 12 bps. Besides, the RT is rated at 15 BPS, and unless going full auto, is hard to reach anyways.
DarkSideEchoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkSideEchoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

It doesn't use any extra air, and the normal response trigger doesn't either, it uses excess blowback gas, which is the result of blowback from your gun.

This is where i have to disagree.

I know people say it doesn't, but when i have an RT on my a5 and get two hundred shots off a 47/3000, it makes sense that it munches more air.  be warned or have a big tank.

ekim98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekim98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 1:02am
you don't mention what marker you've got. if it's an a5 then you may not see a big improvement. if you have a 98custom and only get 12 bps you probably need to retune it. a super rt on a 98c should need a halo b or an egg to keep up if it's tuned right. if your worried about how much extra air it might use then you probably shouldn't even go to the super rt,because you will be shooting more paint too.
baconking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baconking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 4:04pm
 i have a 98 custom. i just got an AK so i'll probably wait a while to get a faster hopper. but what do i tell tippmann i need?
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 5:17pm
Tell them you bought the LPK and the r/t and that you need the larger fittings.
baconking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baconking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 5:23pm
and theres no disadvantages to it?
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 6:06pm

Uses no extra air. It just seems like it because your shooting more shots in a shorter period of time.

Super RT requires polishing your internals, buying LP RT line, and putting the stock sear spring in.

Call Tippmann and ask for "Low Pressure Kit Response trigger Line and Fittings."

Expect 18-24cps, Halo B is pretty much mandatory.

Although I have no Super RT mods, I have managed to get my RT up to 20bps.

baconking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baconking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 6:37pm

cant i just get like an evolution and keep the rt tuned low?

and i have to put the stock spring back in?  i would think that i'd need a heavier sear spring to catch the bolt better because its going so fast. that seems like it would mess something up.

Edited by baconking
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 7:05pm

If your using an EVO, theres no point in really having the Super RT. That hopper cant feed past 17bps which you can acheive without the mods. Doing these mods may only make it easier to sustain that speed. Putting in the stock sear spring allows less time for the bolt to fully reset the sear resulting in a slightly faster ROF, but perhaps some mis-fires. With the Super RT mods it will be much easier to sustain maxing-out your hopper.

Heres my RT (no mods other than polished internals), starting at 17bps and as the burst lengethens gets up to 19bps. I have chrononed it at 20 on the feild.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=mountains-summer-181

baconking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baconking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 7:27pm

wait, i can see how many bps i'm shooting with a chrono?

and are there a lot of misfires? how often do they happen?

Edited by baconking
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 8:13pm

A lot of chronos measure BPS as well as FPS. I know those red ones do. If you shoot faster than 6bps it will automaticaly measure BPS.

Iv never tried it with my stock sear spring in. I never get mis-fires with my RT although the bolt does sometimes stick back because of the stronger spring. I get double shots from the Halo B pushing balls past the detents occasionaly too. Nothing to worry about though.

A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 9:51pm

A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by DarkSideEchoes DarkSideEchoes wrote:

I know people say it doesn't, but when i have an RT on my a5 and get two hundred shots off a 47/3000, it makes sense that it munches more air.  be warned or have a big tank.

have you ever thought that you dont so many shots because you have one of  the smallest comp air tanks on market???
ekim98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekim98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by A5 dude15 A5 dude15 wrote:

Originally posted by DarkSideEchoes DarkSideEchoes wrote:

have you ever thought that you dont so many shots because you have one of  the smallest comp air tanks on market???

the a5 is known to be a gas/air hog anyway, and running the cyclone feed and a rt you probably have to turn up the velocity just to have it the same (fps)if your not using the rt. plus your using hpa which on my 98c  doesn't shot as fast(fps) as when i use co2. not sure why !! i'm not sure if the super rt (lpk hose and fittings) will do any good on an a5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic