Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline vs Apex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Lt. Wolfwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt. Wolfwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatline vs Apex
    Posted: 01 October 2005 at 10:56pm
Im sure this quesiton has been asked already but i wanted to know my self couase im going to get one of these barrels, so witch you think is better
Marker Setup:
-Tippmann Custom Pro E
-12vlt Revolution Hopper
-Model 98 Flatline Barrel
-20oz Pure energy tank
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Lt. Wolfwood Lt. Wolfwood wrote:

Im sure this quesiton has been asked already
You could have stopped right there, searched, and not had to post this.....
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 11:00pm
I'm gonna have to say flatline!
Lt. Wolfwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt. Wolfwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 8:17am
LOL you wont see me, your probably right. I didnt really think of that, but thanks.
Marker Setup:
-Tippmann Custom Pro E
-12vlt Revolution Hopper
-Model 98 Flatline Barrel
-20oz Pure energy tank
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 12:30pm

I'm a Flatline fan. What about you YWSM?

The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
ThunderPants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThunderPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 12:36pm

apex= super flatline

and you dont have to take apart your gun to install it like a flatty, i would deffinetley go with the apex

its been awhile YWSM, did you get mean?

teamtriggerhappy.com
eatonpaint.com
wevopaintball.com
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 1:10pm
Everybody will have their own opinion on this question. But I persoanlly think the Apex is better. I mean is has the capabilities of the Flatline and more.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 2:08pm

I'd rather take the flatline. The apex is illegal in tournies(not sure why you'd use one in it anyway) and by teh time you sit there and adjust it you're going to end up getting flanked/bunkered.

And sorry if the first post sounded a little harsh. I posted it right after flaming that ollie guy and probably was still a little mad.

Edited by You Wont See Me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThunderPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 3:35pm
apex's arent tourney legal? why?
teamtriggerhappy.com
eatonpaint.com
wevopaintball.com
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 3:58pm
According to mike from county they arent.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThunderPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 4:08pm

thats stupid, just because they can "hook" around bunkers?

teamtriggerhappy.com
eatonpaint.com
wevopaintball.com
TippmannBro View Drop Down
Enos for Prez.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 4:59pm

Yesh, my friend, it can hook around bunkers.

Wow.

Yet another way for bad paintball players to cover up their lack of skills.

WAR EAGLE!!!

County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote County Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 11:40pm
The Apex is pretty much an adjustable flatline. You can adjust the amount of curve and the direction. It's really an awesome barrel - but it IS illegal in tournament paintball.

You can use it in scenario and most other rec-style games though. It does give you a big advantage.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:16am
Originally posted by TippmannBro TippmannBro wrote:

Yesh, my friend, it can hook around bunkers.

Wow.

Yet another way for bad paintball players to cover up their lack of skills.

Pwned! Good reply.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 12:32pm

Go with the Flatty... its proven... not some lame cheater gimmick like the Apex.

What is the point of having bunkers, if you can't have good cover, because some no skill cheaters got a trick barrel?  We might as well start playing paintball like pre-Revolutionary War... just line up and shoot at each other...

Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 1:50pm

I wonder why spyderman keeps calling the Apex a "cheater gimmick"?  Could it be that he just got his Flatline, and now wishes he had waited for the Apex, and his defense mechanisms are in full effect?

I don't think anybody should be calling an Apex a "cheater gimmick" - least of all people with Flatlines.

Whiner Luddite.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Xspyderman Xspyderman wrote:

Go with the Flatty... its proven... not some lame cheater gimmick like the Apex.

What is the point of having bunkers, if you can't have good cover, because some no skill cheaters got a trick barrel? We might as well start playing paintball like pre-Revolutionary War... just line up and shoot at each other...

You know, some people think the exact same thing about the Flatline. It shoots farther and flatter than a standard barrel, so don't you think Tippmann was trying to create an unfair advantage by creating it?!

Lots of people feel the Flatline is a "cheater gimmick" barrel, just FYI.

Now, Ben Tippmann has left and owned them with a barrel that is just plain superior from the looks of it, and instead of admitting the Flatline is inferior, you rip the superior product.

basically anything bad about the Apex you could say about the Flatline, and the Apex has some clear and distinct advantages over the Flatline.

Also, I would dare say the Apex will improve all forms of paintball! No more little cowards hiding behind the safest bunker on the field hiding behind their firepower!

One Apex barrel could wrap around and clear his lazy ass out of there.
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 6:55pm
"I don't think anybody should be calling an Apex a "cheater gimmick" - least of all people with Flatlines"

^^^^^^exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^
monty_sniper View Drop Down
ions are better than any high end gun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

I wonder why spyderman keeps calling the Apex a "cheater gimmick"?  Could it be that he just got his Flatline, and now wishes he had waited for the Apex, and his defense mechanisms are in full effect?

I don't think anybody should be calling an Apex a "cheater gimmick" - least of all people with Flatlines.

Whiner Luddite.

kent i bet your a noob and don't know what your talking about.  For my backup gun i have both i like flatline better.  Apex is for n00bs.  Everyone knows that.

98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.
Proud owner of 3 guns and counting.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 9:30pm
That must be it.  I'm a n00b.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic