FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline vs Apex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 9:51pm
I must be a n00b as well, because I sold my A5 Flatline after using it for a few months, and I think the Apex looks like a more promising barrel.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 9:57pm
I think neither are all that great and over priced. Standard barrels are much more accurate and not as loud. That Apex looks goofy, as far as appearence the A-5 Flatline has it beat hands down. And as far as durability I think the Tippmann Flatlines will out-last the Apex.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:40pm
I don't think either is really overpriced, but I do prefer a quality one-piece.

Looks are personal preference, but I actually like the looks of the Apex. Have you ever shot an A5 w/Flatline? They may look kinda cool, but they make the gun very front-heavy and unbalanced. And I'm 6'2" and not weak by any means, it just makes the gun uncomfortably balanced.

I haven't seen the mechanics of the Apex, so I can't comment on the durability. But it's made by Ben Tippmann for christ's sake! just because the dude doesn't make "Tippmann" paintguns anymore doesn't mean he changed his views on reliability.

With all the people complaining about their A5 Flatlines needing re-texturing, I wouldn't want to harpe on their durability.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:31am
^ I've seen both, The Apex is all plastic up front at the business part of the barrel, With a good jab into an Air bunker or the ground or whatever I bet it breaks.

As far as refurbishing the Flatline I had mine for over a year and shot a bunch of paint through it and never had problems.

And I dont care what Ben Tippmann makes or whatnot.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:51am
I heard flatlines are pretty worthless after about 20,000 rounds,  is that true?
neocool00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neocool00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 3:03pm
My brother-in-law has an original Flatline (bought it two days after it was released to the public). I don't know how many shots he's put through it, but it still works as good as the day he got it.
Tippmann 98 Custom
14" J&J Ceramic
Q-Loader
Lapco Direct Feedneck
Dye Sticky Grips
20oz w/ on/off valve
coiled remote line
JT Spectra 260 Thermals
JT Tatical Gloves
Olive Green Flight Suit
Alienbow13 View Drop Down
<sniff> What’s that smell?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alienbow13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 12:34am
The Apex is tourney illegal is because teams can "dial them in " and then every player on one team could focus on a specific bunker and the person in that one bunker could be getting shot at from every angle. well atleast that is how it is explained to me. But i really like the concept of the Apex barrel even though i have my flatline and havent really used teh apex much.
One step I leave an imprint, Two steps is commitment
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 11:03am
Well, Like I said I haven't seent he Apex to compare, but I did own an A5 Flatline which promptly sold to Kreeper-X.

Quite honedstly, I find it hard to believe that Ben Tippmann would make a product anything less than totally durable and reliable. The Apex has been out for long enough that we would have started to hear reports of barrels snapping and breaking, but we haven't and probably aren't.

Just because BT left doesn't mean his dedication to quality paintgun products has changed!

It's funny, when he's producing stuff under the "Tippmann" label, you love his stuff. Once he tries to do his own thing, he gets no respect.

personally, I would show some more respect for the man that was a big part of the Tippmann Co. well, if you enjoy shooting your Tippmanns that is.

I had the Flatline and was unpleased with the accuracy, the weight of the barrel, the bulkiness, how hard it was to clean, and the fact that you can't tilt your gun or the balls will wing al over the place.

the Apex seems to have addressed nearly all these issues, from a Manufacturer that we know and trust, all for no more than $20 extra, and you get adjustability to top it off and completely own the Flatline...why are you hating?
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 3:17pm
^ I traded (2) Tippmanns for an ION with ups. So like I said I dont care what Ben Tippmann is doing or WHATNOT! I mainly come here to help the newer players because when I was new to the sport and my A-5 I got alot of advice here and I try to return some of that.

I heard the Apex isnt all that accurate anyways, plus it's made from plastic (the working part) so in my book it's a waste of money. They want nearly $100.00 (right?) for that thing? BAH!

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 8:34pm
I paid $100 for my Flatline, and it was made of metal, but it wasn't all that accurate either.

I still wouldn't call it a waste of money. It did what it was advertised as, just those features came along with some drawbacks that I couldn't really comfortably/enjoyably play with.

I haven't used an Apex, but until I hear solid confirmation otherwise(the video on it looked pretty primising, IMO), I don't have any reason to knock its performance.

I would personally trust Mike from CountyPaintball, and if he says it's "an adjustable Flatline", I will take his word for it.

I personally give Ben Tippmann props for putting his company on the map in a big way.
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote County Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 9:32pm
I know a lot of people knock something if it's made from plastic. These days, plastic can be very strong. In most cases with paintball, something that's made of plastic is still more than strong enough. I wouldn't turn away from a product simply because it's plastic.
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

I wonder why spyderman keeps calling the Apex a "cheater gimmick"?  Could it be that he just got his Flatline, and now wishes he had waited for the Apex, and his defense mechanisms are in full effect?

I don't think anybody should be calling an Apex a "cheater gimmick" - least of all people with Flatlines.

Whiner Luddite.

No. ^^^ That would have nothing to do with it what so ever.

I'm sure the first few guys that got tagged by the flatline at 150' thought it was a cheat.  I'm sure the same was said about the semi, the first e-grip, and the R/T.  This is just my opinion.  If I were a field owner, I would not allow the Apex in any type of game.  One basic premise of paintball is that you will be allowed to have cover.  You think it will prevent some from nesting behind a bunker for to long?  An Apex user could find cover and theoretically own most of the field wthout ever moving, and in some cases shoot without leaving cover... blind firing from cover which is cheating...  I can only truly respect full mechanical markers... no batteries, no field adjustable crap.  I set my R/T and FPS in the chrono shack and play... not allowing adjustments in the field is a fundamental rule of paintball.

Edited by Xspyderman
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32° Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by Xspyderman Xspyderman wrote:

...One basic premise of paintball is that you will be allowed to have cover.  ... not allowing adjustments in the field is a fundamental rule of paintball.

All these "basic" premises and "fundamental" rules...   You don't get out much, do you...

At my preferred field, there isn't much cover - concealment, yes, cover, no - and we play with whatever adjustable stuff we want.

And guess what - we all have lots of fun!!

I stand corrected - you are not a Luddite.  You are myopic.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 5:10pm
I really just can't see how someone could support the Flatline but not this barrel.

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 5:27pm
I'd say Apex.  You can adjust it to be like a Flatty, and other ways if you need to.  I'd deffinetly say Apex.
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 5:27pm

CK! Hostile much? ^^^^

I "get out much" to one of the most respected and well run paintball facilities in the USA... Hell Survivors in Michigan... Home of the Tippmann challenge, Global Conquest, Monster Game... I also play at other local fields with rules and safety first policies that keep the game fun and fair.

We have one field locally that has a free for all atmosphere.  It is very poorly run and a hazardous environment for all that cross into the parking lot, let alone the playing fields.

Luddite?  I live by new technology... my carreer is all about it... and why would someone who has myopia need a Flatline?  Nice big words though... we are all impressed.

BT Apex users probably need the compensation...  I could see someone that who was handicapped being allowed to use one... maybe someone with a physical disability.  It could make a nice equalizer for someone with special needs.

Did I mention that the Apex is really ugly to boot?  Atleast my Flatty looks cool.

Edited by Xspyderman
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32° Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 6:10pm

Not hostile - astounded.

You clearly have a very specific view of what paintball is and ought to be - with your "fundamental" rules that somehow I manage to do without.

Your posts simply speak of complete lack of perspective, that's all.  But that's fine - you play your way, I'll play my way.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 7:12pm
As a former A5 Flatline owner, I came to the conclusion that all it does is compensate for laziness, and offer a cheap way to get eliminations with no chance of being hit yourself.

If you want to harpe about fair play, why would you support a barrel that shoots farther and flatter than any other?

Shouldn't you be consistent in your demand for fair play?

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 7:36pm
I think we all should play a game with some BE Talons.

Yeah the Apex is fugly in my eyes too!

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
alucardhellsing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alucardhellsing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 9:11pm

what do u mean by hook??

like it can go around corners??

wow that like stupid

i say STOCK BARREL

shooting is being able to hit your target.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic