Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

flatline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Decay67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decay67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flatline
    Posted: 01 October 2005 at 6:36pm
i got a custom 98 and i got a flatline on it and the paintballs keeps breaking everytime i play and shoot i want it to stop i think i installed it wrong but can someone help me out
MY Setup

98c
200 hopper
FLATLINE BAREL
16 OZ tank
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 6:42pm
what grade do they teach you what a comma is, or a period???

let me do this in a language you can understand.

OMG u prolly have the velocity up to high and its breaking balls in the barrle or you are using really crappy paint buy better paint and turn down your velocity
Decay67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Decay67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 2:59pm
I have the volicty at like 220 thats not high
MY Setup

98c
200 hopper
FLATLINE BAREL
16 OZ tank
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 8:25pm
its installed wrong. Take it off and try again.
svillesoccer16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svillesoccer16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 4:46pm
220 isnt soposed to be arround 260 for a flatline
tippmann 98 custom
bullet drop forward
20 oz. co2

GRRWingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRRWingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 5:21pm

Yeah, try taking it off and putting it back on, that may help.

Every flatline's velocity will be a bit different, but most of them perform the best between 245-265 fps.

The flatline barrels are also very, very picky about what you feed them.  If it's a brittle shell paint, it will break frequently.  Try using Marbs, or Evils, or comparable grades....those seem to be universally accepted.

jj

A5RT Specops A5A2 kit
Soon a Flatline with UMS shroud, and Specops F.O.G. grip
A-5_massacre View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming, Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_massacre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 8:00pm
The first mistake you made was buying a flatline. You should have got another after market barrel such as the all american or freak.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by A-5_massacre A-5_massacre wrote:

The first mistake you made was buying a flatline. You should have got another after market barrel such as the all american or freak.

OK, we get your point, you don't like the Flatline. I gather that from several posts where you say the same thing. What's the matter, get shot out by a Flatline?

Strike 2 - Flaming, Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_massacre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 1:35am
Your first mistake was buying a flatline. They are very unreliable and slow. You should get a sceptor or freak barrel.
duffer1497 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 2:33pm
my flatline is fine im at 280-300 with an r/t i have no problems ECEPT when im low on air other than i change tanks and im back makeing people unhappy with me. Reinstall it you should be fine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 2:34pm

Your first mistake was buying a flatline. They are very unreliable and slow. You should get a sceptor or freak barrel.
I think someone got out shot
Strike 2 - Flaming, Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_massacre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 1:16am

Actually I shot the **edited** out of someone with the flatline from 30 ft. away and I was using my friends VL Orion. So ya, I think they suck and you guys don't know what the **edited** your talking about. If anyone gets tagged out by a flatline then that is sad, according to my experience. And by the way yes, i do have a flatline, although I never use it. It even performes poorly with my A-5. I am better off with an All American or a Freak.

Edited by A-5_massacre

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 10:55pm

Actually I shot the **edited** out of someone with the flatline from 30 ft. away and I was using my friends VL Orion. So ya, I think they suck and you guys don't know what the **edited** your talking about. If anyone gets tagged out by a flatline then that is sad, according to my experience. And by the way yes, i do have a flatline, although I never use it. It even performes poorly with my A-5. I am better off with an All American or a Freak.

hey pissy chill out an a5 with a flatline doesnt work as well as a 98c your shooting 2 different guns so when you want to kick and scream about something make sure you are shooting the same gun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 10:56pm
dont lie you did get out shot with a flatline didnt you
Buder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 11:08pm
My flatline is freakin awesome, and is not picky with paint. I had this problem and all you have to do is make sure the barrel is pushed all the way into the sleeve. It should stop breaking paint.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 11:56pm
tippmann98brawl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann98brawl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 10:32pm
i jus went paintballin with my flatline, i was shootin 260 and i only broke a few balls the whole day.... it really not a bad barrel
98c
R/T
L/P
Flatline Barrel
2x Trigger
Evolution II hopper
Pure Energy 68ci 5000psi HPA
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 12:25pm
i fail to understand some people. in this thread, its A-5_massacre.

Why in world you you think that the reason you shot out a person with t flatline barrel from 30 feet, means that the flatline was the reason?

the reason you shot out the person with the flatline from 30 feet away is becuase the player wasn't very good, or didn't see you or something like that. it had absoutly nothing to do with the fact he was using a flatline.

at 30 feet, the stock barrel could have taken you out.

when will people learn that its not the equiptment, its the player. i play with guys who play stock class pump on speedball fields.
For those of you who don't know what that means, stock class is only the ability to hold 10 or 15 rounds on your gun max. sir supply is from a 12 gram. and you have to rock and cock the marker to load the next ball inbetween each shot. hows that for hard?

These guys will eliminate 2-4 of the opposing team, while only shooing 10 balls total. do you think its the gun? don't be silly. i can't do this becuase i'm not that good. but they are. i'm also not knocking speedballers here, they will take out any semi players. I have personally been taken to school by them. heck, one of them loads each ball seprately. one at a time. takes a shot, reaches into his pocket and drops another in. unbelievable.

so next time you think that you eliminated that player becuase you spend x amount of dollars on your gun or you can shoot xx bps, just remember, its you not your gun. i would think people would take more pride in the fact that they actually good and its not their gun.

end rant
www.pbteamwow.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 10:09pm
mills you are 100% right. when i got into paintball i had a pos pumpgun i went up against some one who had a bob long needless to say he went to school and got his can handed to him.I have a vaste knowledge of guns and how to shoot money bags didnt.
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 1:12am
I use xball bronze  in my flatline.
Xball silver worked fine but it didn't like to break long distance.
I've shot about 1500  to 2000 shots through it and haven't broke a single ball.

Just a thought...  wouldn't the first half of the barrel put a huge FRONT spin on the ball?  Cause it hits the bottom part of the barrel pretty hard.
In a world where everyone has gone mad, only the lunatic is truly sane.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic