Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

which barrel will preform best

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JamMasterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamMasterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which barrel will preform best
    Posted: 01 October 2005 at 3:32am
I'm a new Tippmann A-5 owner and have made a LAPCO BighShot my first barrel of choice. However I'm dissapointed at the range. My teammate Kev always blows me away with his flatline's extended range in our sparing matches.

As I'm considering a new barrel, I've read alot of positive things about the two piece barrels ie: SnapShot & Dye Ultralight.

What two piece barrel will out preform my existing bigshot's range and maintain a good level of accuracy?

Thanks alot for your help!

Edited by JamMasterJ
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 6:11am
Well, the Apex or Flat Line is the only thing that is going to out range any other barrel. A two piece barrel means you can change the bore size. And that will increase accuracy, but it isnt go do anything for distance.
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 6:41am

I cant believe that you are dissapointed in the bigshot, it is an amazing barrell in my opinion ...One of the best

A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 9:52am
Your friend is outshooting you because of the flatline. It and the apex are the only ones that add range. Getting a new barrel would do nothing to make the ball go farther. Want more range? Point the barrel up.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 11:30am
^^Exactly. No barrel except for the Flatline and Apex will add range. So if you want more range you're going to have to get 1 of the 2. Or like Rossy said, practice lobbing balls for extended range.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic