Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsmoking weed is fun for me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:11pm
Well you see. The thing is, like the classic saying goes, "Marijuana deals are done with a handshake, Cocaine deals are done with a handgun".
I need a new Sig...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

choopie911 said:"
It's 7x, and papers dont contain tar, if that's what you're getting at. Also, a pipe wouldnt filter it out tar, it's just a different method. Water bongs and such arent designed for filtering anyway, the water is there to cool the smoke, much like the loooong peace pipes of way back when. The length of the pipe cooled the smoke before it entered the person. Besides, water bongs filter out a fair amount of THC."

A few questions: what type of cigarettes is this test referring to? What kind of buds? How were the MJ and tobacco grown? How did they test it? What affect does tar have on the lungs?

I have read studies that say the waterpipe filters out THC, but I don't know what to say other than it's the safest and most efficient way to smoke. After a few uses, my waterbong is pretty darned "resined"....I don't see how you can say it isn't filtering anything.It's not just the cooling effect, because I've hit bongs with no water but full of ice, and it's not nearly as smooth and easy-ripping as one with water in it.

All I can say is, if I took 1/2 gram of MJ and smoked it in a joint or pipe, I would be nowhere near as high as I would be if I smoked through a waterpipe...so I fail to see how the waterpipe is anything but the best way to smoke. Add some ice cubes throuhgout the chamber to minimize oxidation, and that's the best smoking experience you're gonna get.

Dualy noted, you'd know better than I would.

So as for being higher with the waterbong/ pipe, would that be because you can smoke more that way, or what? Because if it is filtering THC (and whatever else) out of it, wouldnt it take more then?
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:15pm
The problem is, no one is gonna truly talk to your class honestly about drugs!

I remember I had health class as a junior in HS, we were talking about MJ use. He said it could cause lung cancer and such. I asked him,"Mr. Ironside, what about if you eat the MJ, what effects would that have?"

He said "good question" and (obviously talking out his rear-end) " I'm sure it would cause some kind of stomach cancer or something."

I know better than that, there is no way for marijuana to be carcinogenic if it is not combusted, so bascially my teacher didn't know WTF he was talking about, but of course he's not gonna say MJ is safe in any way shape or form.

And of course my opinions and experiences are not credible, because I am a stoner
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:18pm

The problem is, no one is gonna truly talk to your class honestly about drugs!

I remember I had health class as a junior in HS, we were talking about MJ use. He said it could cause lung cancer and such. I asked him,"Mr. Ironside, what about if you eat the MJ, what effects would that have?"

He said "good question" and (obviously talking out his rear-end) " I'm sure it would cause some kind of stomach cancer or something."

I know better than that, there is no way for marijuana to be carcinogenic if it is not combusted, so bascially my teacher didn't know WTF he was talking about, but of course he's not gonna say MJ is safe in any way shape or form.

And of course my opinions and experiences are not credible, because I am a stoner

It wasnt anyone related to our school, so the info was credible, and if you researched it (on pro sites too) the info would match up, which was good.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:20pm
Choopie911, you actually brouhgt up a good life lesson with that study. I have read the same study, it is legitimate, it was done by NORML, so they have no bias either way as far as the test would go.

I remember reading that a joint is the most efficient way to smoke, and the waterpipe filters out some of the THC and not enough carcinogens making it less efficient more dangerous way of smoking.

All I can say is this is a place where science and reality do not meet! Anyone and everyone that I know that has hit a waterpipe, will say the exact opposite of the test.

It's not really that you can take more in one shot, I could smoke .2 of a gram out of a waterpipe and be more stoned than the same amount from a joint. It's just the way it is.

Sorry for being so unscientific, but it's just one of those things
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:23pm
The hardest thing is to find a source that is nbiased, so if you've done that you're well on your way

and for the record, i don't recommend anybody try any illegal drug
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:27pm
Hey, I like having info. As I said, I don't poke smot, dont plan on it, but I still know as much as I can, and if I dont know it, I'd like to. Information is a very useful thing. And hey, reality and science arent always the same thing, and also, as we said before, different types afeect different people differently.

Just interesting to hear about experiences and such.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

It's funny that we are brainwashed to think alcohol and cigarettes and presciption drugs are okay, but MJ is the devil's weed.

I have smoked marijuana steadily since I was 13, I am about to be 22 next month...that is nearly 8 years of hard-core smoking.

I don't know, but I think 8 years is long enough to give my educated opinion.

Fact: Drugs affect different people dfferently. MJ is no different.

I can't say what's safe for me is safe for someone else, MJ is a powerful drug, that should only be used by those that understand it fully.

I am one of those people. My #1 hobby is smoking kind buds, and I do it very well. I have seen all sorts of smokers, from educated to just plain immature, and everywhere in between.

I'm tired of all you simpletons trying to lump everyone in one boat, because just like any other culture, MJ smoker's vary greatly from individual to individual.

All I cn say is for me, marijuana is a religion....it makes me sure that there is a God that loves me, and he has provided me with this wonderful drug in order to deal with the stress of dealing with all these sober squares, that think they know better just because they are sober.

MJ is NOTHING like alcohol, whoever said that needs to just bow out of this discussion. One destroys families, another brings them together.

To sum it up, the worst things about marijuana use are the negative stigmas and illegality that accompany it, not the negative effects of the drug itself.

Why is it that kids are dying of alcohol poisining every month, yet no one has ever died from smoking majijuana, yet you have the nerve to compare the 2?

The only bad things about MJ are all a result of the laws against it. There is nothing inherrantly immoral or wrong about it. It is a very useful and powerful tool.

And as a disclaimer, this is coming from a 21 year old man who smokes MJ legally.

Except, one joint has 7x the tar of a cigarette.

Thats just tar though, cig's are like smoking satan, so much other crap in them.

As you were people.

I'm pretty sure it's only 4x, not 7. I may be wrong.
-edit- Also, that's only the paper. Smoking out of a bowl, bong, chillum, or whatever one may use, is not all tar. Only if you use paper.

It's 7x, and papers dont contain tar, if that's what you're getting at. Also, a pipe wouldnt filter it out tar, it's just a different method. Water bongs and such arent designed for filtering anyway, the water is there to cool the smoke, much like the loooong peace pipes of way back when. The length of the pipe cooled the smoke before it entered the person. Besides, water bongs filter out a fair amount of THC.

I stand corrected on all that, but this I do know: vaporizers are the healthiest way to smoke pot, because (allegedly) they reduce a crapload of chemicals and tar and whatnot. I read it on a website.
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:03pm
Oh man, I was driving down the steet last night and I saw this guy standing by a tree. Now this road is in a forest stretch about 2 miles long, and the guy looked like he was a hiker, so I'm sure he couldn't wait to take a leak, because that's what I think he was preparing to do. So anyways, I guess I felt like having a bit of fun, and I mean, we're talking about Indecent Exposure! That's against the law and should be dealt with accordingly. So anyways, I decided that I wouldn't stand for it, so I hit him with my car. On my way back I saw him getting loaded onto a stretcher, I pulled over to see how he was. Apparently I broke his spine and ruined his life.

That's what you get for breaking the law!

Edited by SuperXero
Tenacious and Versatile
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:09pm
snitches get stitches.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:28pm
apu: they were across the st. i would have driven by in my car and in my gfs car regardless. taking the # and calling the cops was no big deal. (i was not driving while on the cell phone)

and im a crapy story teller i got the main points across in the 1st post.

super: so many things are wrong with your situation. taking a pee in the woods while may be illegal should not be delt with by assault with a deadly weapon (yes a car can be considered a weapon). not to mention hit and run and probly attempted murder if it could be proven you ment to do it.

now, did i do ANYTHING illegal while calling it in? anything they suffer from this is directly related to the things THEY were doing. NOTHING different would have happened if they got pulled over without me calling it in. i just helped in them getting pulled over. again if they werent doing anything wrong they would not have gotten in trubble.

i wasent sure but i had a hunch. i brought my hunch to the attention of the police. they checked it out and found something illegal.

i NEVER even came close to saying people should take the law into there own hands. i left that up to the police.

saving the world, one warship at a time.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Well you see. The thing is, like the classic saying goes, "Marijuana deals are done with a handshake, Cocaine deals are done with a handgun".
I need a new Sig...
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:31pm
^Yep, that's a good saying
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:33pm
Bluemonkey42 wrote : "I stand corrected on all that, but this I do know: vaporizers are the healthiest way to smoke pot, because (allegedly) they reduce a crapload of chemicals and tar and whatnot. I read it on a website."

Not to nitpick, but vaporizing is NOT the healthiest form of smoking, because it is technically not smoking, it is vaporizing.

But vaporizing is a very healthy alternative. Much healthier than smoking in any form.

SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

apu: they were across the st. i would have driven by in my car and in my gfs car regardless. taking the # and calling the cops was no big deal. (i was not driving while on the cell phone)

super: so many things are wrong with your situation. taking a pee in the woods while may be illegal should not be delt with by assault with a deadly weapon (yes a car can be considered a weapon). not to mention hit and run and probly attempted murder if it could be proven you ment to do it.

now, did i do ANYTHING illegal while calling it in? anything they suffer from this is directly related to the things THEY were doing. NOTHING different would have happened if they got pulled over without me calling it in. i just helped in them getting pulled over. again if they werent doing anything wrong they would not have gotten in trubble.

i wasent sure but i had a hunch. i brought my hunch to the attention of the police. they checked it out and found something illegal.

i NEVER even came close to saying people should take the law into there own hands. i left that up to the police.

I really did want to point out one flaw that no one else has really mentioned.

You noted that the engine was off. Therefore, all arguments about them driving under the influence are bunk. To say there were probably going to be driving does not hold any merit. I'm simply arguging that in my opinion, smoking marijuana is no different than indecent exposure if you are taking a leak. Both are illegal, both don't really harm anyone, both would go unnoticed unless someone was feeling like a jackhole and called the cops.
Tenacious and Versatile
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

If you had said nothing. Chances are, nothing would have happened. Yes they broke the law, but you were still in the wrong.

You come off as really arrogant. You think because technicaly they broke the law that you have the right to call the police. Wich, technicaly, you do. I hate US culture. This crap wouldnt have happened up home.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 10:54pm
Holy crap. I love you Zesty.

When i get back on this forum there's already 2 more pages added to this thread.

Zesty has pretty much nailed it. Everything he said i back up.

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 11:15pm
yes the engine was off. but lets go through what happened in my head while this happened.

1)car out of place at night (probly 10:30ish)
2)small 2 door car with 4 full grown teens/young adults
3)head lights off and no notacable signs of engine running.
4)cab lights on
5)no one getting out of the car for sevral mins (2 or 3 while we swiched cars i had to run inside and pee)

1 ive lived in this neighbor hood over 2 years and have never seen the car or the people inside.

2-5 when you have that many people in such a small car somethings just not right. not to be sitting in. if they belonged there they would have gone inside.

-now in my head everything here says somethings up. the kids in back looked excited and looked like they were going on about something the driver had in her lap.

-this reminds me of a time about 6 years ago when my friends sister rolled weed in her friends car while we were playing pool in the gurage.

so now i have 2 things in my head. 1 they dont belong around here and 2 they are getting ready to smoke.

off that conclusion i came to 3 possable choices

1: they are going to smoke then drive: not likely you wouldent sit out infront of someones house and smoke. less chance to get cought while moving.

2: they are going to drive and smoke: possable seeing as its the least likely chance for them to get cought.

3: they are going to drive then smoke: if they had a place to GO TO and smoke wouldent they just roll it there instead of rolling in a random neighborhood?

i do admit they could have just been sitting there. and if they did smoke and drive it dident mean someone WAS going to get hurt. however, someone could have gotten hurt. if not this time then possably another time...

as for DBibeau855 i want you to explane to me how im in the wrong about calling the cops?
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 11:19pm
Maybe they were looking for something that fell. Like a map.

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 11:24pm
could be. but have you ever seen anyone excited about looking at a map? if they were off the main road they could have easly gotten back on. it was right up the st visable from where there car sat. right off the main road is an empty parking lot.

if they were looking for a house why dident they call? i dont think i know of 4 people with licances and no cell phone. i dont have a cell phone and i cant think of 3 others...not younger people anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic