Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Compressed air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berlinetta91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berlinetta91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compressed air
    Posted: 21 September 2005 at 8:12pm
Would it be worth it to buy a compressed air tank rather than use my 20 oz. c02 all the time,and what is the difference and why do alot of people like air better.
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 8:17pm

personally if you have the money i would deffienyl get a HPA tank.

Their are many reasons why they are better then c02.  They are more consistant , they are alot cleaner for your gun more gas les luquid.  Most fields have free air refills.  If you shoot at a high rate of fire it wont freeze your gun over like c02 could.  their are more reasons but thats what i have.

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 8:33pm

if you can spend it do it...

(1) more consistant
(2) more efficient
(3) you can shoot more
(4) you can use it in all weather
(5) they are safer

Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:33pm
If you have the money get hpa. It gets rid of the problem that liquid CO2 causes. Your marker just runs smoother with hpa.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:35pm
^^Basicly what they said. So if you have the $ then defiantly look into getting it. You can find some good deals on ebay (on tanks).
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:15pm
Is HPA better than CO2? Yeah, pretty much. Is it worth it to upgrade? Well, that depends. How much do you play? What type of paintball gun do you have? How do you play on the field?

If you have a high end electronically controlled Autococker, Automag, etc and were screwing a CO2 tank into it, you would be half nuts. The CO2 can do damage to the valves of these guns that were built specifically to run on HPA. If you are running a basic Tippmann setup, the gun will work just fine, even if a little liquid CO2 DOES enter the gun. Do you shoot a ton of shots on the field, or do you play a tad more conservatively? Rapid shooting will kill the pressure on a CO2 tank, whereas it doesn't much affect an HPA tank.

Lastly, there is the price concern. If you just play a couple weekends a summer, it's not really cost effective to pay for the equipment to run air over CO2.
sugarfree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugarfree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:21pm
^^He's right. I wouldn't get it if I were you. Tippmanns run just fine with co2, HPA isn't needed.
Signatures are **edited**
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic