Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

apex barrle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
A5 Man View Drop Down
Guested - F-bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: apex barrle
    Posted: 21 September 2005 at 4:07pm
should i get the apex barrle
tippmann a5
e-grip
14 inch
new hopper
and a scope
double trigger
flatline
remote
remote pack
stock
more on its way
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 4:21pm
If you're looking for added range and the abiltiy to curve shots, then the Apex is for you. Only you can decide if you get it or not.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Cheetos3254 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Too cheesy for mere words to describe ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheetos3254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 4:22pm
I'm gonna have to say get the flatline over the apex
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 4:35pm
Personally, I'd go with the flatline over the apex.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Cheetos3254 Cheetos3254 wrote:

I agree.  The APEX is a weird barrel... forget about conventional straight shooting.
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32 Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by Xspyderman Xspyderman wrote:

Originally posted by Cheetos3254 Cheetos3254 wrote:

I agree.  The APEX is a weird barrel... forget about conventional straight shooting.

The Apex can shoot just like a regular barrel if you want it to.

Edited by SuzukiRider987
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
A5 Man View Drop Down
Guested - F-bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 5:41pm

dose the apex have differnt settings

tippmann a5
e-grip
14 inch
new hopper
and a scope
double trigger
flatline
remote
remote pack
stock
more on its way
tippy a5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy a5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 5:49pm
yeah 8 i think
Tippmann A5
Tippmann double trigger
Smartparts Progressive 16"
E-Grip
Empire reverse spike Jersey
05' Proto Pants
PMI 72/3000
Soon to Come
WAS board
reg
QEV mod
new barrel
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 6:39pm
Are you speedball or woodsball? If speedball, I'd definetly say NO. If you're woodsball, eh, it's really up to you. If they (flatline and Apex) are roughly the same price, I'd say go for the APEX. It has 8 different settings and it's not as picky with paint.
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 8:51pm
your choice, but I say NO!
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:38pm
no, i hate apex. it kills the point of strategic placement of your team. basically all cover is null and void, and you look like a cheater. obviously, i hate the apex. get flatline.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:48pm

Originally posted by A5 Man A5 Man wrote:

Should I get the Apex barrel

You have gotten a number of suggestions from people who obviously haven't even read the available literature on the barrel. First of all, it can be instantly adjusted to curve the ball right, left, up or down. You can easily adjust, literally on the run, the AMOUNT of curve the barrel delivers. Adjustments range from Flatline trajectory to sharply upward curving flight paths. The left, right and down paths can be adjusted from slight to extreme. AND, run the adjustments back to "0" and the thing shoots like any straight smooth bore. Looks like the best of all worlds to me. I just bought one off Ebay for $89 and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:54pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

No, I hate apex. It kills the point of strategic placement of your team. Basically all cover is null and void, and you look like a cheater. Obviously, I hate the Apex. Get a Flatline!

At one time many people said the Flatline was cheating. The Apex is just another innovation like the semi-auto marker or the electric hopper, all of which were called cheats when first introduced.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

I just bought one off Ebay for $89 and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!

Please provide a detailed review when you have a chance - some actual first-hand information would be great.

Thanks.

EriK6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EriK6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:26pm
Just get a Flatline Barrel.
I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:57pm
flatline + apex....both crap

dont waste the money...well the flatline has potential if you freaking baby the thing...if you want a solid performer that never lets you down, get a lapco bigshot.
Sig is WAY too big.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by benttwig33 benttwig33 wrote:

flatline + apex....both crap

dont waste the money...well the flatline has potential if you freaking baby the thing...if you want a solid performer that never lets you down, get a lapco bigshot.

Hmmm! My Flatline never let me down!

whiskey_091 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiskey_091 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 5:03pm

If you are looking for accuracy, no but if you want to cheat, yes

I say get Freak Barrel System

Tippmann Model 98= $140
Adco Sure Shot Sight= $33
32* Whisper barrel= $43
Shooting someone in the mask= Priceless
twinnol1345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinnol1345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 5:17pm
i would go with the apex it seems better than the flatline but you can get accuracy without money by just getting a longer barel if thats what your looking for.
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 7:11pm
I'd say don't get it. I've seen one in the packaing it shows the ball start to curve right after the bunker to actaully hit the person....ya right like it will do that
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic