Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball artillery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
God_O_7hunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God_O_7hunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball artillery
    Posted: 20 September 2005 at 1:59pm

heres an idea you take an 8 inch pnumatic cannon, have a 3 ft long finned projectile loaded with about 20-30 paintgrenades with a timer to release the grenades, point in the general direction and fire

if i get satisfactory returns on this i will go into detail

cv222005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cv222005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 2:04pm
jumbo shotgun. might work dunno, may have to many nades and be too heavy to do the job, id say like 5-10 nades?

98C
R/T
M4 foregrips W/sightpost
3POS-M4 STOCK
REMOTE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God_O_7hunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 2:58pm
i was thinking more like an mlrs rocket the projectile spins at a high rate and spreads the grenades out over a large area the projectile is made of a hard foam and painted bright orange mabye a whistle on it for safety but i was thinking of using pod rocket grenades from specialopspaintball.com  but the range would be more suited for ok dday rather than just a small game because of the high pressure of firing somthing like close to 1000+psi by my calculations if the idea works mabye mobile artillery like 4-6 cannon firing these things people call in strikes where needed and everything in that area is Dead

Edited by God_O_7hunder
Giblin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 3:54pm
There are compains that already make paintball cannons, but most can
only be purchesed by the military and police. There not open to the
public. I use to have there site address, but cant seam tof ind it now but
its out there.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 6:22pm
easy. make a potato cannon, stuff a paper towel down, then about 100 paintballs, then another balled up paper towel, and boom. that works very well, i did it in a local scenario at my cousins house. it got some 5-6 people out per hit. (only 2 shots during the whole day)
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 6:30pm
Google up the Tippmann Ordinance, you wont be disappointed.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 10:22pm

I think I would get the irrepressable urge to shoot people directly with one of those.

Hence, a hazardous weapon.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 11:36pm
Or you could just, you know, shoot them . . .
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 11:56pm
^^^ why hit em with one shot when you can pelt em with 20! personally, i would make it my honor-bound duty to beat the shooter with an abnormally large stick if i got hit with a cannon blast...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

^^^ why hit em with one shot when you can pelt em with 20! personally, i would make it my honor-bound duty to beat the shooter with an abnormally large stick if i got hit with a cannon blast...

Seriously, though. I would just make something that launches a lot of paint in the form of a liquid. Picture a morter like launcher that launches paint in liquid form (similar to a water gun) up into the air and down onto a target. It wouldn't hurt like getting pelted with twenty paintballs. If you give this idea enough thought it might actually work. I don't have enough time to build anything so I'll just stick to my paintball marker. If someone cares to invent one I might just look into buying one. I love scenerio paintball.

NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 3:20pm
hmmm, sounds like a paintball howitzer to me....

and where exactly would the carrier/timer land?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God_O_7hunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 10:05am
the projectile timer would be in the back (just a kitchen timer) and when the timer goes off it pops open quarter panels which are hinged just in front of the fing assembly the panels act as a drag system to slow it down
model 98
16" j&j ceramic barrel
20oz pure energy co2
stock hopper
one fast trigger finger
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:53pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

lol thats, great..., sorry to spoil the fun but like in an earlier post about this basic kinda thing that would be an insurance hazard, not many insurance companys like people lobbing 2 pounds of paint filled balls at each other at extream rates of speed... or shooting a fist sized paintball at someones head... that would not only knock them down and possibly uncountios but somthen that big moven that fast could bust their mask, but i gotta hand it to ya somthen about taken a pvc pipe filled with 100 paintballs and blasting somone with it *however that would earn yourself the right to be beat with a stick^^^* that does seem like a bunch of fun

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 11:53pm
screw the hazard of hgetting hit by paint filled balloons. Tippmann Ordanance does that.

My point is where it the carrier gonna land? A metal or plastic large casing that it big enough to accomodate a timer, servo, and batteries.
dovehunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dovehunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 2:47pm
Make it out of foam, and set a paruchute on the timer so it comes out w/ the paintballs and slows it down. If you want to shoot liquid paint, talk to your local fire department, I'm sure they know how, you could even fill a fire extinguisher up w/ paint.

Edited by dovehunter9
20% of people understand percents and 94% don't, so keep them out of sigs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God_O_7hunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 11:14am
i never said anything about batteries and servos the whole thing could be mechanical linkageright off of the timer and the whole projectile is made of a stiff foam
model 98
16" j&j ceramic barrel
20oz pure energy co2
stock hopper
one fast trigger finger
skarshnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skarshnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 11:57am
of course by elimnating the cool factor people cold just throw 25 gernades and put them wherever they wanted. crazy amount of air would be needed to push so many 'nades.
PB 24/7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB 24/7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 8:57pm
Here's something like what you guys are talking about.

Cool... but waaay expensive. I would do the potato cannon thing over this any day.Link to Special Ops paintball item
A-5
Response Trigger
14" All-American barrel
Expansion Chamber
Drop Forward
paintballdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 9:16pm
 using a mortor from tm. ordenance is the best you can do. but hey if you can make something with a sabot (looks like a shotgun wad) like carrier, made out of cardboard.  your good at your private playing grounds
woodsball rulz trees stop bullets ballons don't      keep working millons on welfair depend on YOU!!!!
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:25pm
how long has this post been dead... wow its forum reincarnation... nifty...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic