FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ban CO2? Upgrade to HPA Now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by KrimsonKamikaze KrimsonKamikaze wrote:

Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

Originally posted by tigman250 tigman250 wrote:

Originally posted by Sargent Duck Sargent Duck wrote:

And really, $15/day isn't that much.

add on a $10 playing fee and $50 for a case of paint then $10 for gun rental (if needed) and you have spent the better part of a hundred bucks!!! seems like too much for 1 day of fun now dosen't it?

$15 or a nasty bleeding welt on your neck that is extremely painful because CO2 can spike so badly?

$15 and/or a nasty bleeding welt on your neck that is extremely painful because you were a retard and got shot from 3 feet away at 290 fps...

Ok, mr. pro. You've never been bunkered. Or maybe you've just never played.

290? Some fields chrono higher than that.

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 3:52am
I totally agree that CO2 sucks.

I wouldnt have a problem if they banned it, if the fields were like TAG and rented the tanks to those that didnt have them, for a cheap price like that. I use CO2 for now, until I can get the old bills paid down so I can buy a tank. But until then if my field rented them for $5 a day, I would be renting them everytime I went to play instead of using the CO2.

Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:46am
All of you guys are saying that banning co2 is good and I'll have to disagree on that and not because, that I jus received my order of a PE 72/3000 for $80 in the mail the other day...but, do you think its fair to the manufacturers that make and sell Regulators, X-chambers and co2 tanks?

And it wouldnt be fair to the new players that are getting into the sport everyday of every year and not every new player or an experienced player planning to make a switch to HPA would be able to afford to get a used or new HPA tank for some time....so, in actuallity banning co2 would hurt the sport more than anyone would think.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:12am
Originally posted by ^Pirate^ ^Pirate^ wrote:

Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Originally posted by cv222005 cv222005 wrote:

i think thats kinda wrong, i mean people spend money on their CO2 tanks the same as they do for hp, but most of us who cannot afford hp have to suffer now? that also just makes the CO2 tanks we have bought useless.

Well, they haven't forbid the use of CO2 (yet!) just that there must be provision made to reduce the likelihood of spikes by using regulators designed to handle CO2. You can install a Palmer for around $75. You can buy light weight wrapped HPA tank off Ebay for $130-$150. Some of the steel HPA tanks on Ebay go for less than $100.

So there are alternatives. I see this as little different than setting standards for goggles so that shop goggles and ski goggles were no longer acceptable.

72/3k used is like $60-$80, not as cheap as non-reg CO2.

I agree with the second part of that statement as well.

actually skirmish has the PMI 72Ci./3k PSI tanks for 72$ brand spankin new in box

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 8:35am
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

All of you guys are saying that banning co2 is good and I'll have to disagree on that and not because, that I jus received my order of a PE 72/3000 for $80 in the mail the other day...but, do you think its fair to the manufacturers that make and sell Regulators, X-chambers and co2 tanks?

And it wouldnt be fair to the new players that are getting into the sport everyday of every year and not every new player or an experienced player planning to make a switch to HPA would be able to afford to get a used or new HPA tank for some time....so, in actuallity banning co2 would hurt the sport more than anyone would think.

Exactly. If I couldnt have gotten CO2 when I first started, I wouldnt be playing today. HPA tanks are just too expensive. You need the tank and a reg.

If they do this for an almost entirly safe gas, whats going to happen when companies start using propane?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
darthpredator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthpredator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 10:39am
This is all nonsence.  The only reason I can see for field owners to ban CO2, is that they take your $$$ for HPA rentals, just abusiness trick, just a steal of your money.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 10:53am

If they do ban CO2, HPA tank prices will drop because there is not competition to not get HPA.

They will never fully ban CO2 because of stock class. Without 12g there will be no stock class.

ghillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 2:14pm
actually if c02 is gone they could raise the prices because that was the only thing left....
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 3:21pm

All of you guys are saying that banning co2 is good
and I'll have to disagree on that and not because, that I jus received my
order of a PE 72/3000 for $80 in the mail the other day...but, do you
think its fair to the manufacturers that make and sell Regulators, X-
chambers and co2 tanks?

And it wouldnt be fair to the new players that are getting into the sport
everyday of every year and not every new player or an experienced player
planning to make a switch to HPA would be able to afford to get a used or
new HPA tank for some time....so, in actuallity banning co2 would hurt
the sport more than anyone would think.

This is just like back when they started to teach everyone how to read and
write!! What about those poor scribes that were totally out of a job
because they were no longer needed??   

Or how about when they invented that damn gasoline engine and then all
the steam engine manufacturers and mechanics had to switch over to
manufacture and repair gasoline engines?? What a total bummer that
was!!

This is SO not fair!!

Edited by FyreFly

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
TIORMA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIORMA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 5:49pm
You guys are all missing the main point.  First, there wasn't a switch from steam to gas engines, both are still used, but one became predominant.  Second, you are forgetting who made the gasoline engine predmoninant.  It was the CONSUMER.  If you don't like that a local field is banning C02, even if you use HPA, let them know.  If you feel really strongly, go somewhere else AND let them know.  They'll lose more money by losing a couple players than they can make by forcing HPA on the players.  Rather than arguing which they (the fields) should choose, realize that it is YOU who get to choose, and act accordingly!  That is both the responsibility and the privelege of being a consumer in the know!
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

If they do ban CO2, HPA tank prices will drop because there is not competition to not get HPA.

They will never fully ban CO2 because of stock class. Without 12g there will be no stock class.

man i was about to say before reading yours the same thing, and what about all the sidearm pistols.

Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 2:40am
Originally posted by TIORMA TIORMA wrote:

You guys are all missing the main point.  First, there wasn't a
switch from steam to gas engines, both are still used, but one became
predominant. 

See that's true. Not too many steam engines used to day. Unless you count allthe Nuclear ships and submarines. Those are technicly Steam powered.

I know, it was off topic. I was just being stupid.
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 12:22pm
TIORMA, I was responding to evil_fingers post refering to all the poor people
that manufacture expansion chambers and CO2 tanks. Times change,
companies must change with them...

As far as my view on banning CO2, I've already commented on that in my
original post.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 2:50pm

It's called supply and demand. If there is a demand for X-chambers and CO2 (Regulators are used for HPA, get it straight), then companies will see that there is a market for them, and fill the need, supplying the above items. If that item were to disapear, the companies would simply drop that particluar line. Do you really think Tippmann soley relies on selling their x-chamber? I don't think so. If CO2 were gone, they simply sell a Tippmann branded regulator. No biggie. Business adapt, and I don't think there is a single paintball business with all their eggs in the CO2 basket.

Don't you think Brass Eagle would drop their cheap CO2 tanks and instead make cheap HPA tanks? Again, there is a market for cheap tanks for starter players. Businesses would see that, and then fill that need with cheap HPA tanks.
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
Saint View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness - 7/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 4:09pm

add on a $10 playing fee and $50 for a case of paint then $10 for gun rental (if needed) and you have spent the better part of a hundred bucks!!! seems like too much for 1 day of fun now dosen't it?

$15 or a nasty bleeding welt on your neck that is extremely painful because CO2 can spike so badly?

Personally, I'd take the nasty bleeding welt.

First to play, last to stay. MN Militia.
SETUP
Tippmann C98
12" All American - Opsgear M4 Foregrip - M4 Mag Kit - Solid Stock
KrimsonKamikaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrimsonKamikaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 5:18pm

$15 and/or a nasty bleeding welt on your neck that is extremely painful because you were a retard and got shot from 3 feet away at 290 fps...

Ok, mr. pro. You've never been bunkered. Or maybe you've just never played.

290? Some fields chrono higher than that.

OK, mr. n00b.  I have been bunkered, probably a lot more than your n00bish self.  You are probably too scared of getting hit by paintball so you compensate by "internet paintballing."

I have never, seen a field that allows a significant amount over 290 fps.

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 2:12pm

Originally posted by Blaze SA Blaze SA wrote:

Guys for the price of putting X-chambers & regs etc on a few of your markers just get one HPA tank ! No one that has HPA regrets it. + co2 kills your markers & cant be used on higher end markers. Moral of the story ... Co2 sucks the quicker you get off it the better.
Just see the light !

what about thoes of us that don't always play at a "field"? if you want to play in the backyard with your buddies how can you afford 4-5 hpa tanks? you can't, but i shure as heck can afford 4-5 co2 tanks. i don't ever see them banning co2, it's been arround for too long and it works fine. i won't debate the fact that hpa is alot better than co2 but with a few precautions co2 is just as good.

FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 1:55pm

OK, mr. n00b.  I have been bunkered,
probably a lot more than your n00bish self.  You are probably too scared of
getting hit by paintball so you compensate by "internet paintballing."

I have never, seen a field that allows a significant amount over 290 fps.

So, by your logic... if you have been bunkered, at a distance of 3 feet or less,
and the bunkerer was shooting around 290fps, this makes you a retard.

This is exactly what you said in your previous post.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
workin man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workin man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 6:37pm
what's the diffrents between co2 spikeOuch and some a##hole with a $1000 intimidators with a cheeter board cranking up the fps. past 300,going full auto spraying sobody with paint.
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 2:48am
A CO2 spike, unlike a hot gun, is uncontrollable.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic