Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x-core/drop air fitting configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x-core/drop air fitting configuration
    Posted: 20 September 2005 at 1:08am

i am going to use a pic of bango's a-5 because he has the upgrades that i want to have on my a-5.

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/575/uptodate40kr.jpg

but.... instead of having the steel line come straight down from the x-core, could i put a 45* fitting there instead? then from there i will run the air line which will connect to another 45* fitting which will be turned to the right of the asa.

my question is: could i use 45* fittings for the x-core and replace the 90* fitting on the asa with a 45*?

i just dont want the air line bending like that and i just want to use 2 air fittings

Edited by TOPGUNxx
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 8:39pm

come on guys i need help

plz

A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 10:37pm
i didn't understand what you were talking about....
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:19pm

can i run the air line straight out of the x-core without an air fitting? i cant seem to find a straight air fitting for steel braided line...

A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 2:02pm

Yes. These fittings can be found at your hardware store under the pressure fittings aisle. They are used for power washers and other pressurized devices. The most common ones found on a gun are 1/8" and 1/4" and they're just like running PVC- you can shape it any way you like.

Also, the angle you want isn't exactly 45 degrees, so it'll still bend (curve) slightly.

I'd also ditch the steel braid (difficult to work with) and use mAcroline.

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:30pm
^^You sure using macroline is a good idea? I've heard that macro doesn't like CO2 much, and has a tendency to blow with CO2 (Just what I've heard)
Ref: I want a nice clean game
player: but it's paintball!
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Yes. These fittings can be found at your hardware store under the pressure fittings aisle. They are used for power washers and other pressurized devices. The most common ones found on a gun are 1/8" and 1/4" and they're just like running PVC- you can shape it any way you like.

Also, the angle you want isn't exactly 45 degrees, so it'll still bend (curve) slightly.

that was a yes to which of my question???

A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by TOPGUNxx TOPGUNxx wrote:

Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

that was a yes to which of my question???

I'm pretty sure that was a yes to the question "can i run the air line straight out of the x-core without an air fitting".

MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
bronco9588 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronco9588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 10:22pm
my proshop threw on some macroline and fittings for a nominal fee, Ive put a lot of shots through it, and never had a problem with the macroline.
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:06pm

so should i run 45*s or 90*s like bango??

i think im gonna go with the 45*s with the one under the asa turned to the right

Edited by TOPGUNxx
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic