Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x-core expansion chamber question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x-core expansion chamber question
    Posted: 17 September 2005 at 5:43pm

since i am not going to buy hpa i am looking at buying the dop x-core stage 8 expansion chamber. i have heard on these forums that the x-core is the best x chamber out there. but i was wondering how do i install it? is it hard?

county sells the x-core for $19 so i might buy it from there if i dont find a cheaper place

A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 5:44pm
Its very easy to install, jsut make sure you get the right length hose and have some teflon tape around.
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 5:56pm
should i have my pro shop install? or do you suggest i do it by my self
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 6:05pm
I did mine by myself, so you should be able to do it. Its not hard at all.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 6:23pm
On the A-5 it's very easy. All you have to do is unscrew the steel braid line from the Tombstone, then screw in the X-chamber. Then re-install your line into the bottom of the x-chamber.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 6:39pm

^^o really???? thats all i have to do??? i thought i needed to get a whole new air line with new fittings and stuff.. but wow.. now that someone explained it, it seems really easy

so i just unscrew from the tombstone and just install?

Edited by TOPGUNxx
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 7:25pm
Unscrew the hose from the tombstone and screw in your X-Core. Then, you will need to install a shorter hose from the bottom of the X-Core that runs to your ASA. A 5 inch hose should do it.

Here is a picture of my A-5 with the X-Core. Mine uses a four inch hose but that's because I have a drop. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by TOPGUNxx TOPGUNxx wrote:

^^o really???? thats all i have to do??? i thought i needed to get a whole new air line with new fittings and stuff.. but wow.. now that someone explained it, it seems really easy

so i just unscrew from the tombstone and just install?

You can use the stock hose but a shorter one would look better (and you won't have a big curve in your line). And if you're going to get a new line get a 90* fitting to go from the line into the X-chamber. This is not necerssary but it will prevent the line form having to curve in order to srcew it in.

MacDev Militia
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 11:58pm
bango is there any other way to assemble the x-core/a-5 drop combination.... i just dont want the hose to bend and look like that...
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 5:35pm
any other ideas for the configuration???
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 7:08pm
-edit- oops, thought i was in t&o. sorry.

Edited by bluemunky42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 7:17pm

Originally posted by TOPGUNxx TOPGUNxx wrote:

any other ideas for the configuration???

Just order the right size hose and one of these. http://www.countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item= 1127 . The line will be straight and the 90* fitting will make the bend for you.

MacDev Militia
TOPGUNxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUNxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 7:26pm
hhmmmmmm ya i was thinking about using a 45* under the x-core (is that possible?) and then connect the hose to the 90* on the asa under the drop
A-5

Hogue Grip Sleeve
GTA Double Trigger
J&J 14"

Drop Forward = ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic