Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SNIPER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
MP Sniper View Drop Down
Strike 1 Language. 1/22/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:00pm

definition of an oxymoron

OXYMORON:
"A rhetorical figure in which an epigrammatic effect is created by the conjunction of incongruous or contradictory terms"

do u understand now and maybe icecube isnt one maybe i was thinking of something else

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:03pm
and gold stars are earned not given for post counts...
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:04pm
Tough. Hot Chile isn't either. You suck at english. How is it i know this and english is my second language!?!?! You had however many years to learn english. I started speaking english when i was like 12. It looks like your teachers failed you on a massive level. Where is the acountability?
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:04pm
I've always known what an oxymoron is, I wasn't asking for clarification. I was incinuating that you need to recheck your definition, if you could list ice cube as an oxymoron.
Tenacious and Versatile
MP Sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:07pm

[/QUOTE]

First the Pilgrims where not the first or only colonists. The Virginia colony predates them by several years. Nor were most colonists here to escape religious persicution. The majority were looking for less crowding and less government. And back then, none of them were coming to the United States, they were heading to one of the British Crown Colonies in America.

History over back to tactical discussion.

Yes you have freedom of opinion. You also have the freedom to learn when that opinion is continously demonstrated to be founded on false assumptions.[/QUOTE]

yeah i know they wernt the first ones there i did not say that and yes there were a number of reasons why they went to the "us"(i say that because there wasnt really a name for the region there except for the british colonies)

SR_Crewchief View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by MP Sniper MP Sniper wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Open invatation to prove your skills against a US Army Trained Combat Expierienced Sniper. I carried a XM21 Sniper System before you were a gleam in anyones eyes. Please arange attending a major scenario within 700 miles of Lincoln, Nebraska, you and I will both have to travel, but as we used to say: "Don't talk the talk, unless you can walk the walk". But again I'm betting mommy will not let you travel that far to play paintball. Also a member of OMHW and have proven many, many, many times at major scenario events that the wanna-be paintball sniper is just that a wanna-be, predictable, lazy, hollywood movie trained and overall useless in the scenario world except against other newbies and wanna-bes. Ask any OMHW about the ponytail on my Den wall.

it sounds cool but at the momment i dont have the money to go to nebraska i live out in New Jersey

That's OK, we have several members of OMHW on the east coast, including Jersey. Oh, and Mike Everland happens to be one.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------

One of the pre-requisites for the MOS designator of sniper in any military service, or law enforcement agency is a good grasp of the English Language, both written and oral, so just a hint MP Sniper, a little growing up, learn the language, and study a subject from a true tactical application before you again show yourself on a forum debating a subject where many more have far more expierience and knowledge.

iam ok at english but iam not the best iam more in the lines of a Math or Science guy u know ------------------------------------------------------------ ------<!-- Signature -->Mr MP Sniper: I seriously doubt with your attitude and writing skills any military service will see you as an asset, other than joe average. Doubt you could handle the Infantry, let alone Airborne, and Ranger School before selection to Sniper School. The Army looks for the achievers going the extra step before you get into the "select" schools. Having had to review, recommend and sign the waivers of a troop or two going to a select school, unless we in the chain of command see achievment above his peers and serious proffesional development, and a top 5% of class grad rate of previous schools, that troop does not get signed off for attendance to a select school. And after 4 months of "expierience" and making such an idiotic series of statements, I do not see a potential of any of the pre-requisite qualities needed.<!-- Signature -->

if your basing all that on just what i said in the forums then that is a bad idea,as for writing skills iam not the best but iam ok, and for attitude i would know my rank and not back talk a commanding officer,but in the forums there is no rank except for the gold stars but thats not much going on for that except for how many posts u put up on this forum

Perhaps you should look at membership dates as well. Just to point out a small datum, 10 June 2002 is when this incarnation of the Forum came online. Several members of the forum, like myself have been around for several versions before that and OS predates me. I'm a retire platoon sergeant and he is a retire first sergeant. Who knows, you could prove us wrong, but you haven't yet.

you happy <SPAN =bold>Mag-a-Man iam pretty sure i aswered all his post </SPAN>

MP Sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by SR_Crewchief SR_Crewchief wrote:

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Open invatation to prove your skills against a US Army Trained Combat Expierienced Sniper. I carried a XM21 Sniper System before you were a gleam in anyones eyes. Please arange attending a major scenario within 700 miles of Lincoln, Nebraska, you and I will both have to travel, but as we used to say: "Don't talk the talk, unless you can walk the walk". But again I'm betting mommy will not let you travel that far to play paintball. Also a member of OMHW and have proven many, many, many times at major scenario events that the wanna-be paintball sniper is just that a wanna-be, predictable, lazy, hollywood movie trained and overall useless in the scenario world except against other newbies and wanna-bes. Ask any OMHW about the ponytail on my Den wall.

it sounds cool but at the momment i dont have the money to go to nebraska i live out in New Jersey

That's OK, we have several members of OMHW on the east coast, including Jersey. Oh, and Mike Everland happens to be one.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------

One of the pre-requisites for the MOS designator of sniper in any military service, or law enforcement agency is a good grasp of the English Language, both written and oral, so just a hint MP Sniper, a little growing up, learn the language, and study a subject from a true tactical application before you again show yourself on a forum debating a subject where many more have far more expierience and knowledge.

iam ok at english but iam not the best iam more in the lines of a Math or Science guy u know ------------------------------------------------------------ ------<!-- Signature -->Mr MP Sniper: I seriously doubt with your attitude and writing skills any military service will see you as an asset, other than joe average. Doubt you could handle the Infantry, let alone Airborne, and Ranger School before selection to Sniper School. The Army looks for the achievers going the extra step before you get into the "select" schools. Having had to review, recommend and sign the waivers of a troop or two going to a select school, unless we in the chain of command see achievment above his peers and serious proffesional development, and a top 5% of class grad rate of previous schools, that troop does not get signed off for attendance to a select school. And after 4 months of "expierience" and making such an idiotic series of statements, I do not see a potential of any of the pre-requisite qualities needed.<!-- Signature -->

if your basing all that on just what i said in the forums then that is a bad idea,as for writing skills iam not the best but iam ok, and for attitude i would know my rank and not back talk a commanding officer,but in the forums there is no rank except for the gold stars but thats not much going on for that except for how many posts u put up on this forum

Perhaps you should look at membership dates as well. Just to point out a small datum, 10 June 2002 is when this incarnation of the Forum came online. Several members of the forum, like myself have been around for several versions before that and OS predates me. I'm a retire platoon sergeant and he is a retire first sergeant. Who knows, you could prove us wrong, but you haven't yet.

you happy <SPAN =bold>Mag-a-Man iam pretty sure i aswered all his post </SPAN>

thats awesome he's a member too?

SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:45pm
I'll tell you what he isn't.

A paintball sniper.
Tenacious and Versatile
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 1:42am
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Chilly = Cold.

Chile = A word from a foreign language! It has no english meaning, its a food you imbicile.

Nay, Chile is the country, Chili is the food

Not an oxy-moron...
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 7:00am
Mr MP Sniper:

Have I got a deal for you. I am originally from New York, and know of several fine field locations in southern New York, well within a limited budget travel range (since I am driving in from Nebraska). I along with family are heading back to New York for family visit this summer.

I can arrange for myself and or several OMHW to be available for you to prove the skill you claim. Or we can one on one, where I will even let you take the field first, and I will hunt, while you hide (probably more your style due to limited knowledge on the subject).

Being retired Infantry, along with an ex Drill Sergeant, Ranger Instructor, and a line serving NCO, I base my initial opinion on your behavior based and referenced on years of expierience dealing with the trembling youth getting off my bus in basic/AIT/ or Speciality school. You fit many personality profiles researched by the Army in what we call sub standard initial personality , and usually merit special attention in Basic. Just a heads up.

The issue of Paintball Sniping has been hashed around by many Combat Veterans involved in the game, and myself a Combat Expierienced Sniper, and we can not adapt any of the basic tenants of the skill into the short ranged game of paintball. Please download a copy of FM-7-11 Rifle Platoon and Squads, Infantry, Airborne, and Mechanized, or FM 7-8 Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad, FM 21-75 Combat Skills of the Soldier, and after review of these Field Manuals then download FM 23-10 Sniper Training, and then see which skills are the more applicable to the game of paintball.

The everage Paintball Sniper is doing nothing more than Light Infantry (Lightfighter)tactics and Techniques, and engaging the opposition in what is tactically defined as a close ambush.

Again sometime this summer, probably in the late July early August time frame will be in New York, plan accordingly to walk the walk.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 8:48am
Just an example of tactical and technical differences.

I am also involved in Airsoft, and I own several high powered 350+fps weapons. The average out of the box AEG shoots at 280-290fps and with .20gr BB, the standard BB, which gives a maximum effective range of 50-75meters.
My G+G M-14 shoots at 400fps and I use the .25gr BB which is effective out to a range of 125-150meters. (There is actually a M-82A1 8mm .32grBB system that is the current Barrett .50BMG replica available which shoots up to 430-450fps effectivve to 200-250meters.)

(before we go left on this conversation understand that the impact energy of a airsoft BB is far less than that of a paintball due to weight, so a 400fps .25BB will not have the impact energy needed to damage and or penatrate a standard goggle, the safety issue is not a factor here)

Last weekend we had a skirmish drill with my airsoft group and we did run several drills. I played the "sniper" and could use several tenants of the skill since my weapon outranged by 100% the standard weapons of the opponants. I engaged and displaced at ranges where the opponant could not isolate and or eliminate by immediate effective return fire. Still many tenants of the skill are not applicable even in airsoft.

But the primary tenant of the skill, engaement of the target from outside of effective return fire was applicable. Even their M-249 machinegun could not reach and or suppress me with area fire, while I continued to engage using accurate aimed select fire.

Just for grins and giggles look at all the toys available at: www.redwolfairsoft.com

Edited by oldsoldier
Carrr View Drop Down
Grand Olí Man of the Forum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 2:57pm
Hay OS, I think you had him at "Mike Everland is a OMHW.
"Older than Pic but younger then OS, Pepprdog, Takita, Rock Slide........."
Fat Stalin View Drop Down
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fat Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 3:02pm

these are oxymorons

20. Government Organization
19. Alone Together
18. Personal Computer
17. Silent Scream
16. Living Dead
15. Same Difference
14. Taped Live
13. Plastic Glasses
12. Tight Slacks
11. Peace Force

10. Pretty Ugly
9. Head Butt
8. Working Vacation
7. Tax Return
6. Virtual Reality
5. Dodge Ram
4. Work Party
3. Jumbo Shrimp
2. Healthy Tan

1. Microsoft Works

19.alone together this is an oxymoron because it has too opposites

hot chile is an oxymoron because it has too opposites hot=warm chile=cold ok

Are you that dumb? It's spelled chilly.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

jesus christ how hard is it to type the 2 extra letters is 'you'... i mean all of the letters are all in the same row for god's sake. 

Most valuable insight in this thread.

-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 3:37pm

I still don't get this.

Just let the loser call himself a Sniper for christs sake.  Who cares?

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 3:52pm
i didn't have to read this thread to say...ENOUGH
WITH THE SNIPER CRAP!
MP Sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 4:01pm

Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i didn't have to read this thread to say...ENOUGH
WITH THE SNIPER CRAP!

exactly iam just a rifleman ok i wont be calling myself a sniper now on ok ya happy, jeesh (no ignorant opinions regarding me and finally understanding) lol

on a side note, oldsoldier that M-82A1 is friggin awesome but the price is crazy though almost $1500.00 but if i was into airsoft that much i would deffinatly buy it i love how it can shoot almost 450 fps bet that thing would put a hole into someone if its really close(which isnt very good) but maybe it wont, maybe it would just hurt like hell, and that dummy shell is a pretty good addition

Edited by MP Sniper
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 4:14pm
OK, It's simple... You can only snipe if you have a GOLD super chronium, Since your not a gold or plat member, and Big al' has never told stories of you, AND you dont smell of apple butter... I can deduce you dont have one.

With out a GOLD super chronium barrel, You are just some pansy, twine wearing, paintball catcher.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 6:16pm
Wow, where did you find an M82-A1 for only $1500? The last time I checked Barrett was selling them for $7995.  A USMC prototype is on sale on gunbroker right now for $23,000.

Personally, I find the .50's a bit big to handle. Carrying a rifle that weighs half as much as you are, in addition to your regular combat load, is a little bit much for me.

My personal fave is the H&K PSG1, though admission to that club starts at $10k. I used to have an MSG 90, but have since traded to a G3k.

RLTW, Old Soldier

EDIT Airsoft???  Sorry, completely missed the airsoft thing. Never tried airsoft, I prefer the noise and smoke of the real thing. For $1500 you can get 2 genuine Draganov sniper rifles with all the accessories, and they shoot bullets, not bb's.

Edited by TRAVELER
For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
MP Sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 6:23pm
its a airsoft not the actual .50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic