FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SNIPER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:44pm

I thought SR-Crewchief pointed all this out in his post.

But the idiot still blabbers on.

MP Sniper View Drop Down
Strike 1 Language. 1/22/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:45pm

well actually some scientists said that 1 out of 3 deer are color blind or something like that

P.S. why the hell would scientises do this were they bored or had nothing to do but still it is good to know

and snake6 hunting can be compaired to paintball if u are a woodsballer

MP Sniper View Drop Down
Strike 1 Language. 1/22/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

I thought SR-Crewchief pointed all this out in his post.

But the idiot still blabbers on.

and hey didnt your mother ever say to u "if u dont have anything nice to say, dont say any thing at all"

Edit: i mean all u had to say was the first part u didnt need to say the last part and i just wanted to point out a few things that i personally thought about what Sr-crewchief which i thought was a very good post

Edited by MP Sniper
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:50pm

I play senerio.

It is more like Infantry School than hunting, unless you play that one person has a gun, and sits in a tree stand, and everyone else runs around and tries not to get shot.

deadeye007 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:51pm
There is a difference from being a great shot and a 'sniper'. Mp, I would clasify you as just a great shot. Headshots are nice but they dont constitute being a sniper.

BRad
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by MP Sniper MP Sniper wrote:

yep i said it SNIPER, its messed up how people say theres no snipers in paintball, i mean i call my self a sniper because before i got into paintball i used to play only shooting games(and still do) and i would always use the sniper rifle and since i was used to the rifle i of couse got a tippmann 98c with flatline and car stock and remote and also i hunt with rifles so of course i would go on to be a sniper in paintball and of course i can hit someone 100 fet or so with out having to arch the paintballs

Get off my internet.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 6:10pm

lets see MP, you said with the right equipment, spooking somebody or whatever you said won't happen.  Human ears are very sensitive.  Not as sensitive as a dog's but even with a remote line which quiets down your gun a bit, you can still hear people.  I play with a friend who has a remote line and his gun is very quiet.  He shot a few times and i could hear it, went for him and shot him. 

As for the headshots.  If you are a sniper in a SWAT team, odds are you aren't going for the head because if you hit a nerve cluster in a hostage situation or something, your mark may pull the trigger and shoot up everybody.  Also like said before, head shots are bad because if you miss just by a little bit your target runs.  Whats so important about headshots either?  If you shoot him hes out in paintball and in real life, i shot through the heart or that area should put somebody down fast.  Also the whole distance thing, i dont believe for a second that you can run around through the brush without making a sound,  Im sure youre pretty quiet but seriously dude.  Also all that camo and ghillie suit crap makes you pretty hot.  And on cold days your gun shoots water vapor or something out the barrel so that gives your position away just like blackpowder from a muzzleloader. 

So shoot from a colcealed position but theres no way you can take out more than like 3 people without being barraged.  Just give it up.  You shoot without being seen and you get out of there.  Just dont call yourself a sniper cause its just not the same.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 8:33pm
Open invatation to prove your skills against a US Army Trained Combat Expierienced Sniper. I carried a XM21 Sniper System before you were a gleam in anyones eyes.

Please arange attending a major scenario within 700 miles of Lincoln, Nebraska, you and I will both have to travel, but as we used to say: "Don't talk the talk, unless you can walk the walk". But again I'm betting mommy will not let you travel that far to play paintball.

Also a member of OMHW and have proven many, many, many times at major scenario events that the wanna-be paintball sniper is just that a wanna-be, predictable, lazy, hollywood movie trained and overall useless in the scenario world except against other newbies and wanna-bes. Ask any OMHW about the ponytail on my Den wall.
SR_Crewchief View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 11:09pm

<snip>

this is about me replying to crewcheif

Minor but important, it's Crewchief not crewcheif, aviation not cooking.

· A superior marksman

i have shot many guns both competitively and just for fun at a privet shooting range that i go too

I've been shooting for close to 40 years, over 20 military. That alone does not automaticly make one a superior marksman, but it does help.

· Expert knowledge in the art camouflage for concealment

i hunt so i have a lot of knowledge of camoflage since i hunt shotgun, muzzleloader, and bow and have never spooked a deer in my life time with out it being on purpose

Sorry, the hunters art of camouflage do not automaticly translate into being effecting against humans. But the can for a basis to work from. Here are some things that most don't consider when using hunting methods against humans. As pointed out before most animals are color blind to one degree or another. But more important is how the mind your trying to hide from processes what it sees. Most animals will not alert to a camou**edited**ed person because they don't see a threatening human shape, while the human mind can determine that the new shape does not belong and may be a threat. It take a lot more effort to fool a human (especially one trained) that your not there than it does a prey animal.

· The ability to approach the target without being detected

i do this every time i hunt especially when i spot a deer from a far and then i would stalk the deer untill iam in effective shooting range that is when iam bow hunting.

Humans can be much more difficult to approach, especially when they are expecting someone to try, than a prey animal.

· Engage the target from beyond effective range of return fire

this cant really be refered to as in hunting of in shooting competitively this can only be refered to in war or i guess u can say in paintball

your point being???? Paintball is at it's most basic level small unit force on force combat.

· The ability to engage the target without revealing your position

this is very easy all u need is the right barrel and the right equipment

Too what right barrel and equipment are your reffering? If you are within effective range of your target you are within your target auditory detection range. This one has yet to fly as a realistic, repeatable skill. When acting as a flank attacker your auditory signature can be masked by the main groups fire. But that is not acting a lone sniper.

· The ability to egress the area after successfully engaging the target without being positively identified and engaged

yes u can and i will use this tactic when ever i play paintball and i can move through the brush with out making a noise

Being able to move quietly is only part of it. If you've engage a group they are most likely to now be searching for you. If they have your general direction you will be found.
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 11:09pm
whatever...
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 12:07am
Taking the shot is the easiest part of being a sniper. The hard part is setting up the shot. If done correctly, any shot you take will be easy.

People are far more easy to shoot than animals. Animals are food for other animals, and are constantly on alert. People are not used to being hunted, even in combat situations. 4 out of 5 soldiers are clueless, and shooting them is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

I've spent a fair amount of time in the Army, and I've seen people hit by sniper fire. It never ceases to amaze me. A person is shot by a sniper, he falls, the people standing around freeze, half are looking at him, the other half are looking around wildly to see where the shot came from. No one does what they should, which is to hit the ground hard and fast.

I recently watched a video shot by an alqaeda sniper's spotter. The sniper shoots at a US Marine, hitting him center mass. The Marine's partner hears the shot, but stands in the same spot for 3 or 4 seconds waving his rifle around uselessly. He finally leans over and grabs his buddy to drag him to cover. The sniper fires a second shot, but misses, the bullet hits a tree right next to the unhit Marine.

Fortunately, Ahmed wasn't a good shot, the range was only fifty yards, but after the first shot he got the shakes so bad he couldn't follow up. A good sniper would have hit the second Marine as the first one was hitting the ground.

Rule #1, anyone standing will be shot.

If you want to be a sniper, don't play paintball, the military is looking for snipers. You get good training, good equipment, and somewhat fair pay.

Anyone looking for info about the Army is welcome to PM me.

Edited by TRAVELER
For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 12:14am

P.S. i started playing paintball serriously every thursday since may of 2005

I started playing paintball seriously every weekend since August of 2003.  So hah!  There are people here who have played well over 10 years, there are (is a) war veteran(s) here.  He said no snipers in paintball, I choose to believe the war vet over the kid who has played paintball for 4 months.
Seipher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 12:43am
ok. im tired of this. i call myself a sniper because of the tactics i use. its what i do most: i sneak around as quietly as possible and take the shot from a concealed position, i like to get as close as possible to take the shot. paintball is different than military rifle's physics. so you cant take longshots without the apex or the flatline. so you have to get close, and there is always going to be return fire. a paintball sniper has to take as few precise shots as possible, preferably 1, and get the heck outta there. FAST. you, mister MP Sniper, are classified as a longballer. We snipers completely dispise your tactics. we take accurate shots while you hose the field from the back using a flatline. flatlines are horrible sniper barrels because they just arent accurate. also, its pretty noobish to say your a sniper because you play video games and shoot a hunting rifle. I believe in snipers, but longballers need to wake up. (i have braced myself for the flames to come...)
in modern warfare, victory goes to the nutcase with the biggest explosions.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 1:12am
Well tought cookies. You arent snipers, none of you are. And im sick you kids calling yourself snipers. Its an honored name that the men of the armed forced EARN. They EARN it. They become experts in long range firing, night firing. They become artists of their craft. They get so good, that when they put on their ghuille suit, you can look right at them, and never know it. You calling yourself a sniper is disrespectful to the men who earn the name. Quit calling yourself a sniper. You arent one, and it just gets old and you look foolish.
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 6:50am
Dear:

[ X] Clueless Newbie
[ ] Loser
[ ] AOLer
[ ] 12 year old
[ ] Troll
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Geek
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Wannabe
[ ] Haxxor
[ ] l337 d00d
[ ] Flamer
[ ] Whiner
[ ] Other: Retard, failure, moron, impotent fool.
[ ] noobie

You Are Being Flamed Because

[ ] You have created another ingenious idea
[ ] you have managed to push the limits of what the term  moron stands for by posting something you would be flamed for
[ X] You continued a long, stupid thread
[ ] You committed crimes against pork biproducts
[ ] You posted a 'YOU ALL SUCK' message
[X ] The search button is you freind
[ ] You don't know which forum to post in
[ ] You just plain suck
[ ] You posted false information
[ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] You double posted double posted
[ ] YOU POSTED A MESSAGE ALL WRITTEN IN CAPS
[ ] You posted racist mumbo jumbo
[ ] I don't like your tone of voice
[ ] You are not civilized enough to post in these forums
[ ] Yuo mispeled evry sengle wurd.
[ ] you have discriminated a product that you would be obviously  flamed for
[ X] repeated beating of a dead horse

In Punishment, You Must:

[ ]Apologize to everybody on this forum
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ X] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read the FAQ
[ X] Become big al'es love mama
[ ] be slapped repeadily
[ ] neuter your self to further prevent any form of a defective gene pool
[ ] Go stand in the middle of a Highway
[ ] Recite the Greek alphabet backwards
[ ] Take a bath in bleach
[ X] Give M. Jackson a reason to be guilty
[ ] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] since you are new we will let it slid this time
[ ] Get a life
[ ] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[ ] Your IQ must be 7
[ ] Just leave with the last of your dignity
[ ] Your mom should be ashamed
[ X] Dont waste our time
[ ] Go jump into some industrial equipment
[ ] All of the above

Yours Truly,
         &nbs p;  The Blade
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 9:00am
jesus christ how hard is it to type the 2 extra letters is 'you'... i mean all of the letters are all in the same row for god's sake. seriously... take all you sniper talk out of here and go play with yourself in the corner of the woods you sit in.
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 11:48am
i love the list........
SR_Crewchief View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Seipher Seipher wrote:

ok. im tired of this. i call myself a sniper because of the tactics i use.

Please provide us with tactics you use. Instead of carping, engage in intelligent discussion.

its what i do most: i sneak around as quietly as possible and take the shot from a concealed position, i like to get as close as possible to take the shot.

I hope this isn't the extent of your tactics.

paintball is different than military rifle's physics.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the physics of ballistics does not change.

so you cant take longshots without the apex or the flatline. so you have to get close, and there is always going to be return fire. a paintball sniper has to take as few precise shots as possible, preferably 1, and get the heck outta there. FAST. you, mister MP Sniper, are classified as a longballer. We snipers completely dispise your tactics. we take accurate shots while you hose the field from the back using a flatline. flatlines are horrible sniper barrels because they just arent accurate. also, its pretty noobish to say your a sniper because you play video games and shoot a hunting rifle. I believe in snipers, but longballers need to wake up. (i have braced myself for the flames to come...)

You don't consider this flame worthy...why?.

It would be better time spent to point out apperent tactical errors and deseminate correct tactics that what you've done here.

bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 2:13pm
you made this just to piss us off, didn't you.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 4:25pm
I need a new Sig...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic