FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Church Retreat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Church Retreat
    Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:12pm
This weekend, I went on a church retreat. I was dreading it once Friday came around. I had to leave right after school and get back at 7 on Sunday. I had a group of friends going, and they were are in the same mindset as me. When we got there, we were pretty close-minded. We were just ragging on all the kids who were getting into the singing and just making fools of themselves. The next morning I woke up in a different state of mind. It felt like a dream, but didn't at the same time. I started to become a little more loose and accepting. Later that morning, I went to confession for the first time in 8 years. It was quite possibly the best feeling I have ever felt in my life. Afterwards we broke up into small groups and just hung around for several hours. We ended up having a service right before we went into adoration. For those of you who don't know what adoration is, it's a ritual the catholics believe in. It's supposed to bring God into the same room as you in a physical form. So basically, it was sitting in a room for an hour and a half on your knees. I didn't get anything out of it, but others did. Some people started balling in tears and others sleeping. One kid actually passed out, and woke up speaking in tounges. I was happy for it to end because I didn't get anything out of it. My friends and I wander around the camp grounds for some time then decide to sit down on a porch. It was around 11:00 PM that three of my friends wanted to head back to the cabin to shower and wash up. My friend, Eric, and I stayed back on the porch. We are sitting there and are just hanging around with the other people on the porch. Then we saw this white figure that started in the middle of the lake and ran across the pond/lake. It was moving at about 40 MPH. At the end of the lake, there's a steep hill drop off thing. The white figure ran straight over the hill and was floating in mid air for about 10 seconds. My friend and I were the only people to see it. We decide to go over to the lake to check this out. Once we start walking over to the lake, my hair starts to stand on end, it became really cold, and my eyes started watering. It was as if I was crying, but I wasn't. There was just water running though my eyes, but I was completely calm. We left the lake about 30 minutes afterwards to go back to the cabin. When I walk, there's no one in there. People start to enter our cabin about 10 minutes after I'm sitting there, they ask me if I'm sick. They said my face was as pale as a sheet of paper. I tell them what happen, some believe us, some don't. My friends and I go to sleep. The next day, we say our goodbyes and leave. I have decided to take the sighting as a sign. I'm going to start going to church again, and give my religion and church another chance. Believe me, this was the craziest experience of my life.

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:15pm
wow, I'm proud
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
Mag-a-Man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 Derogatory Sexual Slur 9/22

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mag-a-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:19pm
That sounds pretty cool.

I myself never did one confession and never been to church in 8 years. Until I see a sign ill live like i am.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:22pm
Thats cool, I too have been toying with whether or not i should return to church. I went to a mass for the first time in 6 years a few weeks ago. I only went because my girlfriend asked me to go because it was her grandads rememberence mass type thing, so i said why not.

I actually kind of enjoyed it.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:28pm
So does this mean you will be less of a prick or the same here?
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:28pm
Eesh, what was in ther food there? Did they have mushrooms on the pizza?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:31pm
The first day I thought I was drugged, but realized I hadn't had any liquid or food from there.

xteam View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:32pm
damn recruiters
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:35pm

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Eesh, what was in ther food there? Did they have mushrooms on the pizza?

Purple Koolaid.

Hey, nice marmot!
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:35pm
This just happens to come about while at Jesus Boot Camp...
I need a new Sig...
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:41pm
You're just going to have to believe me. I really can't explain it to the fullest. I would not even consider this unless it was something huge.

Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:43pm

I always get yelled at for sleeping in church, but I still go, and I can't see myself quitting

Except...I skipped this morning to go goose-hunting...but I only skip church for certain things...Like hunting and ice fishing-I never skip just because I'm tired...

Glad to see people are heading for church, beats burning in hell for eternity

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:47pm
Or if we all go nowhere when we die, atleast, I enjoyed my sleeping in on sundays.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

xteam View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Klaus Klaus wrote:

Glad to see people are heading for church, beats burning in hell for eternity

wow
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Why do you post in your own topics as a different name and comment to yourself?

I'm not Apu. That was a joke..

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Why do you post in your own topics as a different name and comment to yourself?

You're an idiot.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 11:04pm
I'm having a difficult time with religion right now.
I believe in God and Jesus and the Bible, but I have disagreements on a lot of things with my church (and most other churches as well).

I read the Bible and see completely different things than most people. I can't stand when people tell me I'm wrong because my interpretation of the Bible is different than theirs, and so I haven't been to church in like 3 months.

I also think Christians are just too dang pushy about stuff.
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

I'm having a difficult time with religion right now.
I believe in God and Jesus and the Bible, but I have disagreements on a lot of things with my church (and most other churches as well).

I read the Bible and see completely different things than most people. I can't stand when people tell me I'm wrong because my interpretation of the Bible is different than theirs, and so I haven't been to church in like 3 months.

I also think Christians are just too dang pushy about stuff.

no man..what you are thinking of is catholicism...exactly why i made the switch to  protestant...you should be able to read and interupt the bible the way you see it...you don't need to talk through a priest to speak to God

*i am extermely religious but i do not attent church at all...i just don't believe in the whole organized religion thing

Edited by Boss_DJ

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 11:10pm
I'm with xteam

Wow

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 11:32pm
Erm...
I'm not Catholic.
I attend the Church of Christ (no, not of Latter Day Saints). It's kinda like a stricter Baptist church.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic