Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ball chops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
A-5_massacre View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming, Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_massacre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 1:34am
Never use a gravity hopper when shooting 15 and higher. They dont load as fast and they chop alot.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 6:38pm

Originally posted by A-5_massacre A-5_massacre wrote:

Never use a gravity hopper when shooting 15 and higher. They dont load as fast and they chop alot.

Are you serious?

A-5_massacre View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming, Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_massacre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 1:11am
Actually I am. If you are shooting faster than 15 get an electronic hopper. Your just dumb if you don't. You will find yourself chopping more paint then you are shooting it down the field.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 6:20pm
Sorry, but Gravities feed like 5 bps.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by bronco9588 bronco9588 wrote:

they are beautiful. Where did you mount yours to on the 98?
Im having trouble deciding. Anyways, do you still use the stock elbow?

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:07am
(deleted)

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 2:26am

Actually I am. If you are shooting faster than 15 get an electronic hopper. Your just dumb if you don't. You will find yourself chopping more paint then you are shooting it down the field.

Lets get a few facts on the table. A mechanical semi-auto trigger on a Tippmann cannot exceed 8-9 bps in the most skilled trigger-walking hands. An R/T properly adjusted can exceed that.

The most skilled pro shooter using an electronic double trigger set for true semi-auto mode (no bounce and no ramping) cannot exceed 15 bps. No one tested on Pro teams can even hold that for more than a split second. Best continuous is about 11 bps. A gravity feeder can actually keep up with 11 bps. It just tends to get clogged in the feed neck, which it does even when fired slowly, requiring you to shake the thing to get paint moving. A gravity feed with an agitator will easily do the trick. (even when a gravity feeder stops flowing, it usually doesn't cause a chop...there is just no ball in the chamber when the trigger is pulled)

Claims of 20 bps from an electronic set to true semi-auto mode are a prevarication. A semi-auto player exceeding 15 bps is not a fast fingered skilled player, he's a cheater with a marker modified to get around the rules.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Lets get a few facts on the table. A mechanical semi-auto trigger on a Tippmann cannot exceed 8-9 bps in the most skilled trigger-walking hands. An R/T properly adjusted can exceed that.

The most skilled pro shooter using an electronic double trigger set for true semi-auto mode (no bounce and no ramping) cannot exceed 15 bps. No one tested on Pro teams can even hold that for more than a split second. Best continuous is about 11 bps. A gravity feeder can actually keep up with 11 bps. It just tends to get clogged in the feed neck, which it does even when fired slowly, requiring you to shake the thing to get paint moving. A gravity feed with an agitator will easily do the trick. (even when a gravity feeder stops flowing, it usually doesn't cause a chop...there is just no ball in the chamber when the trigger is pulled)

Claims of 20 bps from an electronic set to true semi-auto mode are a prevarication. A semi-auto player exceeding 15 bps is not a fast fingered skilled player, he's a cheater with a marker modified to get around the rules.

I am going to have to seriously doubt that, considering I (ME!) can hit 16 with no bounce or ramp.

Proof?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic