Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what the heck is this for????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
model98custom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what the heck is this for????
    Posted: 08 September 2005 at 11:50pm
i got a adjustable car stock today made by 32 parts. it has 3 different circled things to tighten etc. one tightens on the gun one tightens idk what for and the other one is weird. so the question is the one in the middle will increase and decrease tension on the long spring behind the sear. what the heck is the point of that? is it for like longer shots so the sear hits even harder? i was messing with it and i could make it so its easy and harder and much heavier to pull the rear bolt back.
meancoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meancoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 11:52pm
it will adjust velocity. dont mess with it after you crono your gun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 11:55pm
ok thanks i thought that might be it. so what am i supposed to do with the velocity screw in the gun?
meancoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meancoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 12:00am
use that too. you now have more options. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 12:13am
omg thats confuseing. so should i move the velocity screw almost all the way out so its as high as it goes and then use the stock velocity to make it lower to 300fps?
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 1:35am

Originally posted by model98custom model98custom wrote:

omg thats confuseing. so should i move the velocity screw almost all the way out so its as high as it goes and then use the stock velocity to make it lower to 300fps?

Actually, yes. You can back the velocity adjustment screw out until it is flush with the inside of the power tube, then use the hammer spring adjustment to control velocity.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 9:55am
ok thanks. now i dont have to freak out.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 3:38pm

Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Actually, yes. You can back the velocity adjustment screw out until it is flush with the inside of the power tube, then use the hammer spring adjustment to control velocity.

Exactly.

Edited by SuzukiRider987
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 4:59pm
Yes that thing is called an RVA (Rear velocity adjuster) and you should do like Bruce said and only use the RVA to adjust velocity.

By the way that long spring is called the drive spring and thats not the sear that it pushes, its the hammer (rear bolt). The sear is the little latch that catches that hammer.

Edited by pooperscooper
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model98custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 6:50pm
i know what the sear is.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic